GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The point is that if they'd done this with a Hillary figure/doll/pinata/whatever, they reaction wouldn't be "Lighten up, it's a joke". There would be straight up outrage.

Well maybe they would've done it with Hillary if she would've said she would build a wall. And all the other hatefull stuff that Trump said. 

14 minutes ago, Mascadcar said:

If Hillary had won and this happened, would you care?  

Honestly, no. But I'm sure feminists would. You have to consider the context. They didn't just do this in a country like Brazil, or Argentina where it would have had no meaning. This was the country where our president elect has been openly racist about it's people, the outlandish "wall" that he plans to enforce to keep them out, all of that. I can't say I would have done the same if I was the head of the band, but this is GNR after all. And people saying that this will affect them selling tickets? Please. Like the people of Europe/Japan/elsewhere are in support of Trump. By the time they come back to the states this will have been long forgotten anyway. 

Edited by tajandreas

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well maybe they would've done it with Hillary if she would've said she would build a wall. And all the other hatefull stuff that Trump said. 

National security is hateful now, those poor border jumping criminals just wanted a good life :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:

National security is hateful now, those poor border jumping criminals just wanted a good life :lol:

Is it a crime to want better opportunities and a better life?

Edited by Padme

7 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

Honestly, no. But I'm sure feminists would. You have to consider the context. They didn't just do this in a country like Brazil, or Argentina where it would have had no meaning. This was the country where our president elect has been openly racist about it's people, the outlandish "wall" that he plans to enforce to keep them out, all of that. I can't say I would have done the same if I was the head of the band, but this is GNR after all. And people saying that this will affect them selling tickets? Please. Like the people of Europe/Japan/elsewhere are in support of Trump. By the time they come back to the states this will have been long forgotten anyway. 

I, for example, don't care at all. I still would love to watch them...if only :(

Just now, Padme said:

Is it a crime to want better opportunities and better a life?

If you don't follow the laws and go through the immigration process like everyone else has to, yes

America's one of the most lenient countries in terms of illegal immigration and how we handle illegal aliens, a wall and cracking down on criminal illegal aliens living in the country has been a long time coming 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

They should build a damn wall. And what other hateful statements about Mexicans did he make? He shouldn't  have made a blanket statement but there certainly are too many cases illegal immigrants raping and committing crimes. Those are the ones that need to go and be kept out. Trump doesn't articulate very well but if you have half a brain or pay attention to the issues then you know what he meant. The disgusting media just takes off with it to fill their own agenda. Trump has said several times that it is an issue with illegal immigrants not all immigrants. That is how 99% of conservatives feel as well but the liberals biggest weapon is labeling people with opposing vies as racists for everything. With the media by their side they tear down anyone with an opposing view. I thought they were supposed to be the tolerant ones? They are the reason Trump will be President. People are fed up.

Yes, some mexicans commits crimes. Some whites, and some blacks and some women even high school kids too. Is it fair to make a generalization?

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Is it a crime to want better opportunities and a better life?

So do it legally so it is easier to sort out the good from the bad. I work with tons of people from India who are here on work Visas. They are great people, contribute to our society and are doing it the right way. Not abusing the system. 

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

If you don't follow the laws and go through the immigration process like everyone else has to, yes

America's one of the most lenient countries in terms of illegal immigration and how we handle illegal aliens, a wall and cracking down on criminal illegal aliens living in the country has been a long time coming 

Seriously. Try doing that in some other Country.. You will end up shot or in jail... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Illegal immigrants are cheap labor. So the real criminals are those who hire them and are exploting them. It is a two way street. You want to stop illegal immigrants? Then do something against those people to hire them. That would be a real solution to the problem

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I think someone mentioned this already, but I'm more bothered by this being unfunny and the lack of maturity than anything. 

I'm not really a fan of this sort of thing but I can see why they chose Mexico as a venue. I think there are better ways for a talented band to express political leanings and I can't help that agree that beating an effigy of anyone else wouldn't have been considered okay.

On the bright side at least they are 'colouring outside the lines' a bit rather than the shows all being fairly identikit.

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes, some mexicans commits crimes. Some whites, and some blacks and some women even high school kids too. Is it fair to make a generalization?

Did you even read my post?   "He shouldn't  have made a blanket statement but there certainly are too many cases illegal immigrants raping and committing crimes. Those are the ones that need to go and be kept out. Trump doesn't articulate very well but if you have half a brain or pay attention to the issues then you know what he meant. The disgusting media just takes off with it to fill their own agenda. Trump has said several times that it is an issue with illegal immigrants not all immigrants."

If it had been Hillary it would have been weird because Axl used to have a reputation as a wife beater.

Doing this to Trump is less awkward because it simply represents that they don't agree with all the nasty comments he's been making. Bastards!

Most bands have shared the same sentiment on stage but they made it clear by just saying it in between songs... it wouldn't be GnR if they didn't make it more dramatic. Whether it's embarrassing or childish is a matter of taste and not really worth discussing in my opinion. It's not even really about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Did you even read my post?   "He shouldn't  have made a blanket statement but there certainly are too many cases illegal immigrants raping and committing crimes. Those are the ones that need to go and be kept out. Trump doesn't articulate very well but if you have half a brain or pay attention to the issues then you know what he meant. The disgusting media just takes off with it to fill their own agenda. Trump has said several times that it is an issue with illegal immigrants not all immigrants."

Yes an illegal immigrant who commits a crime should be deported. But you can't build a wall where there is a river. And while you are building the wall still many people can cross the border. It is a about finding the right solution. Don't give the bad articulation bullshit. He could hire people who can help him to articulate the proper way if he wants to.