GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

Its a piñata. Mexico loves piñatas. Mexico largely dislikes Donald Trump. Axl, Slash, Duff, and Fortus all dislike Donald Trump, and they all probably like piñatas. Put two and two together and you got a Donald Trump piñata.

Here's the issue:

It was a pinata. (How do you get the tilde-thingy to type out?)  I didn't see any candy or any love.

It looked an EFFIGY.  Here's the definition:  a roughly made model of a particular person, made in order to be damaged or destroyed as a protest or expression of anger.

That is the difference and it was stupid.  

A Rock N' Roll band this size shouldn't be so cavalier in their thinking that this will not affect ticket sales.

Stupid.

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Many may not know but Sessions whom Axl has expressed his dislike for was nominated by Reagan and rejected by the senate for his offensive and racist comments in the 80's. 

And sure tell me all about Axl's song he wrote over 30 years ago because we know Axl isn't prejudice. Also tell us all about Axl's past and how he treated or may have treated women because the man he was 30 years ago is likely different from the one he is today. And he's not our president-elect nor  is he running to be one. Either way he still has rights and freedom of speech as fans we have to get over that. Many people harbor their political believes and many people express them. 

I am behind the freedom of speech and our rights.

As far as if it would be different if it was Obama? Well, let's see maybe try looking up all the racist things said to him and watch how he tells them they have a right to say it as he believes in our freedoms and rights.

Again I'm more upset there was no candy in it

Do you believe the same vitriol was expressed to and for Obama the way it is for Trump for the past 18 months? It's not even comparable. 

2 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Here's the issue:

It was NOT a pinata. (How do you get the tilde-thingy to type out?)  I didn't see any candy or any love.

It was an EFFIGY.  Here's the definition:  a roughly made model of a particular person, made in order to be damaged or destroyed as a protest or expression of anger.

A Rock N' Roll band this size shouldn't be so cavalier in their thinking that this will not affect ticket sales.

Stupid.

There was no candy which was my biggest complaint lol but in all honesty, here Axl isn't the first and only person to do this and won't be the last.

In fact a few weeks ago an effigy of Trump was burnt in England back in 2013 a group of thousands of people staged a burning of an Obama Effigy. It was a huge patriot movement and they used the bible and the constitution to get supporters.

It happens but its non violent protest.

I believe he was going for the pinata thing though it could be considered an effigy. 

A person who stands behind their beliefs isn't thinking of ticket sales. In all honesty why should someone's political beliefs affect rather you like a band or go to their concerts? If we did that we'd all be sitting in our homes doing nothing and speaking to no one.

6 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

Do you believe the same vitriol was expressed to and for Obama the way it is for Trump for the past 18 months? It's not even comparable. 

If Obama called Mexicans rapists and criminals, Mexico probably wouldn't like him either. Obama, at worst, is a president who didn't do a good job in your view. The backlash against Trump isn't about politics. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

I'm sure you would be the first one out there defending somebody with an Obama pinata and making your voice heard with the rationale you stated above. Or would you put your head in the sand?

You assume I voted for Obama lol.

You assume you know my political beliefs

I would defend it either way. I see no harm in peaceful protests or expression of opinions where no one gets hurt. I see no harm  in anyone having political views even if t hey don't agree with mine. Not once have I bashed anyone on here or anywhere for their political views. My only stance here is that people seem to think it's wrong the members of the band have political views they express. No one was harmed. That's my stance.

3 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

A person who stands behind their beliefs isn't thinking of ticket sales. In all honesty why should someone's political beliefs affect rather you like a band or go to their concerts? If we did that we'd all be sitting in our homes doing nothing and speaking to no one.

Every rockstar has a right to their own political beliefs.  

And they are free to express them in interviews or on the street or at their own Thanksgiving dinner parties.  

But when that type of political dissent is brought ONTO THE STAGE, then it affects more than just themselves and they should be prepared for the potential consequences.  I'd like to know how the entire touring crew felt about that display last night.

9 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

In different ways yes but people are more upset about Trump. It is their American right to be either way.

Who am I to judge someone's political beliefs either way.

Axl isn't the only celebrity expressing his views nor the only American. However, he is doing it peacefully. No one is being harmed.

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If Obama called Mexicans rapists and criminals, Mexico probably wouldn't like him either. Obama, at worst, is a president who didn't do a good job in your view. The backlash against Trump isn't about politics. 

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

"Some rapists and criminals" that is what Trump said - is that not true? You are correct, Obama is a bad president, however if you criticize his politics you are a racist. But with Trump it is straight to racism.

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I'm done spending any money on this band. I'm not a Trump fan or anything but I find this to be ridiculous and stupid. Sucks I waited forever for GNR to come back and then they start acting like a douchey political band. Fuck them.

Look, I'm one of the bigger GNR fans there is but I agree. Since 1985 have not heard one peep about politics from this band, now a guy who supports our borders is the one they decide to rail against. Let Pearl Jam and U2 do that.

1 minute ago, cspalding22 said:

"Some rapists and criminals" that is what Trump said - is that not true? You are correct, Obama is a bad president, however if you criticize his politics you are a racist. But with Trump it is straight to racism.

So exactly how many seemingly racist comments against various peoples or sexist remarks against woman were all just taken out of context? 

And wasn't it Trump that accused Obama of not being American? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Crying rooms, counseling offered, therapy dogs, group hugs- the Dems are the sorest, biggest bunch of babies.  The GOP didn't do this when Obammy won (twice) they just dealt with it.  My god.  Seriously- fucking therapy dogs.....grow up.   *now- back to GnR!

3 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

That means some....If you want to dispute any of this, turn on the news. Sorry should not have used quotes.

Just now, cspalding22 said:

That means some....If you want to dispute any of this, turn on the news. Sorry should not have used quotes.

No, he knows about the rapists. The some are the good people. He assumes. He doesn't know for sure the way he knows that they're criminals. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cspalding22 said:

I simply took the actual quote you were stating from the Donald Trump fact checker site which is pro-Donald and posted it.

He said he assumed some were good people.

Again this is about rather GnR have a right to political views and their expression of them not our political views

Edited by BOSSY78
added

42 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Here's the issue:

It was NOT a pinata. (How do you get the tilde-thingy to type out?)  I didn't see any candy or any love.

It was an EFFIGY.  Here's the definition:  a roughly made model of a particular person, made in order to be damaged or destroyed as a protest or expression of anger.

Stupid.

Maybe not candy, but looking at this video: 

...it seems like it was filled with rolled up t-shirts or something.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Maybe not candy, but looking at this video: 

...it seems like it was filled with rolled up t-shirts or something.

Well that solves it. It's a pinata and it was stuffed with t shirts that they threw to the audience. 

13 hours ago, Apollo said:

It's disgusting. 

You people would be losing your minds if the situation was reversed. 

If Hillary had won the election and some random band brought a doll of her on stage and beat the shit out of it...nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

There would be nothing but posts about how violent and evil republicans were. How classless it was. 

Or if an Obama doll was brought on stage and destroyed. Nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

Applauding simulated violence against the president of the United States. While complaining that Trump and his followers are spreading hate and negativity. 

This is some sick stuff. 

this is so true, wish i could like it twice

Edited by rendestroi95
  • Like 1

On December 1, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Apollo said:

It's disgusting. 

You people would be losing your minds if the situation was reversed. 

If Hillary had won the election and some random band brought a doll of her on stage and beat the shit out of it...nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

There would be nothing but posts about how violent and evil republicans were. How classless it was. 

Or if an Obama doll was brought on stage and destroyed. Nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

Applauding simulated violence against the president of the United States. While complaining that Trump and his followers are spreading hate and negativity. 

This is some sick stuff. 

45 "likes"....Mods, can I trade those in to lose one warning point!

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1