GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I don't think Axl/GN'R was ever praised in the TMZ comment field.

TMZ is just one of the places... youtube comments aren't too nice either

I know i doesn't matter much, but it was so cool to see they being praised even by people who once disliked the band... that was so unnecessary

Edited by rendestroi95

30 minutes ago, Mascadcar said:

What if 8 years ago, Kid Rock brought out an Obama pinata hung by a rope?  would that be hilarious?

Trump is openly xenophobic to Mexicans (go one page back and read his quote) and Obama is/was not.

I don't like what they did but it's perfectly understandable why would someone hate Trump and why are they doing this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

This is not about Clinton, Trump, Obama, Putin, Merkel or Reagan. Other artists have done somewhat similar things with The Queen Of England and even with The Pope. Some people here are acting like those extremist muslims who make a big deal out of a Mohamed cartoon. Politicians, World Leaders and religions are also targets of jokes. Sometimes the jokes are light but sometimes are not.

I know it isn't, i was endorsing a point the other guy made :P. Anyways, i don't care about the "joke", i laugh of black comedy if it's funny, no problem there, i just think it came out kinda "forced", like it wasn't expontaneous or something.

Axl changing the lyrics for CW, for an example, i thought was much more authentic, but taking time to set that up and Del with his face covered jumping around, idk...

13 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Trump is openly xenophobic to Mexicans (go one page back and read his quote) and Obama is/was not.

I don't like what they did but it's perfectly understandable why would someone hate Trump and why are they doing this. 

What if 8 years ago, Kid Rock brought out an Obama pinata hung by a rope?  would that be hilarious?

14 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

No, he isn't openly xenophobic.  He doesn't want illegals coming into the country.   Nothing wrong with that.  He doesn't want terrorists entering the country.  Nothing wrong with that.  

• Like 2

Just now, Mascadcar said:

No, he isn't openly xenophobic.  He doesn't want illegals coming into the country.   Nothing wrong with that.  He doesn't want terrorists entering the country.  Nothing wrong with that.  

If he did that cause of something Obama said multiple times I wouldn't mind it. I would find it hilarious, I would find it childish and not cool like I do now but understandable. If he did that to this version of Obama who never made those kind of comments I would say it's just straight bad thing to do.

In quote bellow you can see that he is clearly xenophobic. That quote can literally be used as an example when you define the term. There is nothing wrong with being against illegal immigrants but there is a lot wrong in saying this (and saying that on 10 different occasions) 

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Here's the issue:

It was a pinata. (How do you get the tilde-thingy to type out?)  I didn't see any candy or any love.

It looked an EFFIGY.  Here's the definition:  a roughly made model of a particular person, made in order to be damaged or destroyed as a protest or expression of anger.

That is the difference and it was stupid.  

A Rock N' Roll band this size shouldn't be so cavalier in their thinking that this will not affect ticket sales.

Stupid.

Im wasnt saying that I'm for or against it, I'm just saying why they would do this.

Also, there were t shirts (or some other merch) in the piñata that they handed out to the crowd after. (You can do the squigly on your phone by long pressing the letter).

The Big 3 were all smiles when they did it, so they probably think they still have a chance at selling out (or at least being well attendex) stadiums in the rest of the US. Plus you have Duff who, when he toured with Axl in 2014, was always worrying about news headlines back in the states when one show almost got canceled due to a storm (which i think brought the stage down). So it seems that they are all reasonably confident that people will still attend their shows despite the political beliefs of the band (or they will avoid the super conservative states completely)

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Original said:

Crying rooms, counseling offered, therapy dogs, group hugs- the Dems are the sorest, biggest bunch of babies.  The GOP didn't do this when Obammy won (twice) they just dealt with it.  My god.  Seriously- fucking therapy dogs.....grow up.   *now- back to GnR!

Lol, that is funny...

Nope the GOP sure didn't make sure they could do everything in their power the last 8 years to use and abuse the political process against Obama and obstruct much, much progress in this country from being done.  They sure "dealt with Obama" alright, by making sure the country suffers as a whole because of their pettiness

Hitting a Trump doll and calling Trump the illogical moron he is, is very light compared to that IMO but hey whatever its always the Dems and Obama's fault somehow.

Although truth be told the fact that the left and right are both so faulty is another reason why we need more political parties in the mix, its shitty on the left and its shitty on the right

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DIST said:

Looks like the most dangerous band in the world needs a safe space. 

3 hours ago, Original said:

Crying rooms, counseling offered, therapy dogs, group hugs- the Dems are the sorest, biggest bunch of babies.  The GOP didn't do this when Obammy won (twice) they just dealt with it.  My god.  Seriously- fucking therapy dogs.....grow up.   *now- back to GnR!

Republicans crying nonstop and saying everyone else needs a safe space. Never gets old.

:lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

I find it adorable that people who are actually mad about this think anyone gives a fuck. we don't. but you're super adorable anyway.

Just imagine living life with this level of passive aggression lol

The act was an embarrassment for the band and for the people who paid to watch them dick around with a pinata, if Team Brazil aren't cowards they should try this PR stunt for their U.S. dates

Just now, PsychoKiss344 said:

A lot of people are overreacting about all of this....its a fucking pinata.

My sentiments exactly. I don't understand what the fuzz is about. I get it if people think it's childish, whatever, but some people really seem to be offended here... maybe they're just disappointed Axl isn't the white trash redneck they thought he was from One In A Million.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I'm sure there's at least one lefty blog that's made a claim that every person chosen for his cabinet has some relation to Hitler, one way or another :lol:

And there is only President-elect who made a statement that Obama founded Isis and started the crazy birther thing lol.  Right or left, it doesn't matter - we are all fucked so let's crank up some GNR and party like its not 17 years after 1999 :P

Edited by WhazUp

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Can you prove it wrong?

No, I'm not even an American. But I think it's safe to say the president of your country has more tasks than signing their name on the docs and being charisma behind the country, as you say.

Edited by EvanG