GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

Just now, WhazUp said:

And there is only President-elect who made a statement that Obama founded Isis and started the crazy birther thing lol.  Right or left, it doesn't matter - we are all fucked so let's crank up some GNR and party :P

Knowing that the US funded and armed rebels which led to ISIS rising in power..he's not wrong :lol: reactionaries are currently in the bargaining stage of grief, only two stages to go before acceptance at least

• Like 1

Trump was right to call out Axl for his R and R hall of fame no show and Axl must have heard it. GNR has never been a  political band and I blame Del James  for this stunt. If mexicans don't like OUR PRESIDENT they can stay in mexico. 

but to go one foreign soil and do this is beyond me. pretty fucked up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bertrice said:

Trump was right to call out Axl for his R and R hall of fame no show and Axl must have heard it. GNR has never been a  political band and I blame Del James  for this stunt. If mexicans don't like OUR PRESIDENT they can stay in mexico. 

It's the other way around, YOUR president doesn't like Mexicans.

4 minutes ago, Bertrice said:

Almost as fucked up as talking about building a huge ass wall and making that "foreign soil" pay for it. Almost...

Edited by WhazUp

As the Dems said back in '08-  time to move on dot org.   I come here for Guns n Roses.   Let's all hope (no matter your side) that Axl doesn't pull a Bono or Jovi or Bruce and get all political.  Just "shut up and sing" ...........please!    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Almost as fucked up as talking about building a huge ass wall and making said country you call "foreign soil" pay for it lol. Almost...

What is wrong with wanting a wall that will help keep illegal immigrants and drugs out?  Do you think there should be open borders?  You have no idea how much heroin flows across that border.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

A lot of people are overreacting about all of this....its a fucking pinata.

Think about what some metal bands have been doing with t shirts......

mnw147.jpg

On that shirt should have been heads of the US administrations of the last 70 years as they caused walls of deaths around the world. Trump is not one of them yet.

5 minutes ago, Mascadcar said:

What is wrong with wanting a wall that will help keep illegal immigrants and drugs out?  Do you think there should be open borders?  You have no idea how much heroin flows across that border.

I just take into account the potential effectiveness of it from everything I have seen/read/analyzed, the costs both financially and nationally in terms of foreign affairs, and many many more factors not excluding the effects on innocent bystanders.  And I have come to the conclusion on it: bad idea

Edited by WhazUp

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Almost as fucked up as talking about building a huge ass wall and making that "foreign soil" pay for it. Almost...

we already have a "wall" . Its called a border and most countries have them. But to demonstrate to mexicans in Mexico is just lame and pandering. 

And Mexico is a great country with good things going on. Its not a birthright to immigrant to the USA .

So nobody ever told you baby
How it was gonna be

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I just take into account the potential effectiveness of it from everything I have seen/read/analyzed, the costs both financially and nationally in terms of foreign affairs, and many many more factors not excluding the effects on innocent bystanders.  And I have come to the conclusion on it: bad idea

Mexico's paying for the wall and they're happy to do it, all is well :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

You already have a border and a bigger wall won't prevent illegal immigrants. The hateful, fear mongering and scapegoating of Trump and his building a wall rhetoric bullshit is far, far more serious and damaging than "just lame and pandering." at a rock show.

You fucking cartoon.

This is why no one ever asks New Zealand's opinion

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

This thread is hilarious.

To the outraged "imagine if it was Hillary or Obama, you'd all be reacting differently" crowd - Imagine if Hillary or Obama had said all those horrible things Donald Trump has said about Mexican people? What's any less appropriate about this? It's not "inciting violence", it's a freaking pinata. :lol: 

It was a gesture of solidarity with the Mexican fanbase and in my eyes, entirely appropriate given the commentary those people have had to endure for the past 12-18 months.

What did he say that was so terrible? He said some coming across the border were good people, but a lot were bad.  Oh...the horror!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mascadcar said:

What did he say that was so terrible? He said some coming across the border were good people, but a lot were bad.  Oh...the horror!

He said they were rapists and criminals. Then added that some of them are good people, he assumes. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

He said they were rapists and criminals. Then added that some of them are good people, he assumes. 

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.

45 minutes ago, Bertrice said:

If mexicans don't like OUR PRESIDENT they can stay in mexico. 

US citizens W. Axl Rose, Michael McKagan, Saul Hudson and Adalberto James Miranda don't like him either, should they stay in Mexico too or not?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Original said:

"...........they make no sense to me.....they come to my county and ........"........

"they come to my country tell us that he is planning on building a fucking wall, and is gonna make us pay for it lol"

Just thought I'd finish that thought for you ;)

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Just imagine living life with this level of passive aggression lol

The act was an embarrassment for the band and for the people who paid to watch them dick around with a pinata, if Team Brazil aren't cowards they should try this PR stunt for their U.S. dates

It wouldnt make a whole lot of sense, as Piñata's arent an american thing. 

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

mnw147.jpg

this is much fucking worse than Del James and a few fans beating a Trump Piñata. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

This thread is hilarious.

To the outraged "imagine if it was Hillary or Obama, you'd all be reacting differently" crowd - Imagine if Hillary or Obama had said all those horrible things Donald Trump has said about Mexican people? What's any less appropriate about this? It's not "inciting violence", it's a freaking pinata. :lol: 

It was a gesture of solidarity with the Mexican fanbase and in my eyes, entirely appropriate given the commentary those people have had to endure for the past 12-18 months.

People love to act outraged nowadays.  It was an innocent joke, as the band members were grinning and laughing the whole time.  Not everything has to be so serious.