GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

51 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

"they come to my country tell us that he is planning on building a fucking wall, and is gonna make us pay for it lol"

Just thought I'd finish that thought for you ;)

Nah- I was more the original Axl version.  *hope I don't offend anyone.   If so, grab a therapy dog.   

Edited by Original

16 hours ago, Apollo said:

In your opinion he is. 

A lot of people had hatred towards Hillary and Obama. 

I would think it was disgusting if people simulated violence against those two as well. 

The world needs more love and acceptance of those with opposing views. More tolerance. And less hate. 

The world needs more love and acceptance of those with racist, homophobic, hateful, sexist views? Yeah... no... fuck that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Ironic that Trump's supporters are the most thin-skinned of them all. This thread being the perfect example. :lol: 

It is interesting from a cultural and sociological point of view to see how we as a society have altered our perception and estimation of global leaders/public figures and even celebrities.

I think if this were 1991 and Guns N' Roses did that to a George H.W. Bush 'pinata', it would have gone down in pop. culture infamy.

Even as late as 2003, a la The Dixie Chicks, it was considered faux pas to use a public forum to decry a presidency.

10 hours ago, Mayroses said:

Violence is racism and xenophobia.
Proposing construction at the border is violent.
The Guns only showed their support to the Latin people.
It was great! I love it even more!

A  wall is violent?   If the 'tards would obey the law (imagine that) we wouldn't need a wall to protect us from the violence they bring.  

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mascadcar said:

What is wrong with wanting a wall that will help keep illegal immigrants and drugs out?  Do you think there should be open borders?  You have no idea how much heroin flows across that border.

A wall isn't happening. First off, it would cost too much money to build it. Second, there are parts of the border that can't have a wall due to the land itself. Third, good old "Pilsbury Doughboy" Newt has said that the wall was used as a campaign gimmick.  It was NEVER intended. 

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

A wall isn't happening. First off, it would cost too much money to build it. Second, there are parts of the border that can't have a wall due to the land itself. Third, good old "Pilsbury Doughboy" Newt has said that the wall was used as a campaign gimmick.  It was NEVER intended. 

Then an electric fence.  Every idiot trying to cross gets ass zapped.  Turn up power when needed.  Fucking idiots....cross legally.   Their is a reason they break in illegally.....

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

My sentiments exactly. I don't understand what the fuzz is about. I get it if people think it's childish, whatever, but some people really seem to be offended here... maybe they're just disappointed Axl isn't the white trash redneck they thought he was from One In A Million.

This is the most logical thing I've read. I personally voted trump and I don't care who knows it here or who's butt hurt over him making some offensive comments because words apparently hurt more than physically harming someone... but bottom line, pinanta or not, a lot of the people who are backing the band in this ironically dislike trump so the hypocrisy there is hilarious :rofl-lol:

Bottom line it's an embarrassing moment for the band. It's childish and the band shouldn't be proud of it, frankly it's not like them doing it is making me boycott gnr but it's just a reminder that bands and celebrities really need to stay away from politics. 

Im not offended at bashing trump... but what I am offended at is that they spent so much time and effort on putting a piñata together, and busting it versus playing a locamotive, or even putting out new material, or having a therapy/mediation with Izzy and working things out. Screw getting Adler back in the band for an appetite set when we can spend our time bashing Donald trump. There's just more important things to be worrying about...

• Like 1

Just now, Silverburst80 said:

Axl seems so calm amongst all that kerfuffle, why didn't anyone think to bring out a pinata for him in the 90's on the Illusion tour.

Someone should have brought him a Warren Beatty one back in the day :lol:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

FUCK YOU AXL ROSE, SLASH, DUFF, DEL JAMES and the other useless fucks on stage.

Question? Where you a fan before this happened? Just curious because this apparently has affected a lot of peoples opinions of them.

Hopefully this blows up in the media and people boycott any future shows in the USA. Maybe that'll force them to release a new album since they'll be losing $$ and will need something exciting to bring people around.

Being a relevant band releasing new music and also making douchey political statements is one thing...being a nostalgic band who only seem to be in it for the $$ and also making douchey political statements is a pretty pathetic look.

• Like 1