GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

This doesn't make sense. Why should bands stay away from politics? This stunt is barely even being involved, but whatever. Everyone is allowed to give an opinion on politics, no matter what your situation is because politics is about all of us.

Also, you make assumptions without knowing anything about it. Who said they even made this piñata themselves? Maybe a fan or whatever gave it to them and they thought they'd use it on stage to let their Mexican fans know they don't share Trump's sentiment. If you don't agree with that, fine... that's alright. But it's really not a big deal. This is a little stunt that took a few minutes and look at your reaction... even bringing Steven and Izzy into the story now... for christ's sake...

See someone is offended not just trump supporters :lol:

The band could put their efforts to better use. It's true and you know it

12 hours ago, downzy said:

This is first and foremost a GNR fan forum, not a place to discuss the political matters.  That said, we have two threads already devoted to Trump and American politics.  If you would like post about either of these topics, please direct yourselves to Anything Goes, where we have had a lively conversation about Trump and American politics for several years now.  

Posts relating to your opinion about GNR and their use of a piñata of Trump are fine.  Arguments about Trump, immigrants, American politics will be removed from this thread.  

This is the final warning on the matter.

This is so fucking dumb... the topic of this thread revolves around A POLITICAL STATEMENT, which is exactly what GNR did.  It's kind-of impossible to NOT inject any political discussion into this thread. 

I suggest you move the entire thread to Anything goes.  

2 minutes ago, Matt13 said:

This is so fucking dumb... the topic of this thread revolves around A POLITICAL STATEMENT, which is exactly what GNR did.  It's kind-of impossible to NOT inject any political discussion into this thread. 

I suggest you move the entire thread to Anything goes.  

Sorry you feel this way but our obligation is to people who want to discuss GNR related events and news and not to those who want to discuss the merits of American politics.  We have two threads that deal specifically with Donald Trump and American politics.  This thread is to discuss the event that took place at the concert and whether one agrees with the band's actions.  Anything not related to the band will be removed.  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:31 AM, Apollo said:

It's disgusting. 

You people would be losing your minds if the situation was reversed. 

If Hillary had won the election and some random band brought a doll of her on stage and beat the shit out of it...nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

There would be nothing but posts about how violent and evil republicans were. How classless it was. 

Or if an Obama doll was brought on stage and destroyed. Nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

Applauding simulated violence against the president of the United States. While complaining that Trump and his followers are spreading hate and negativity. 

This is some sick stuff. 

I agree with you to a point. People are very worried over Trump getting elected, but he will be President so we do need to respect him and hope he does right by the American people.

I was not happy with Obama and I don't think Clinton would have made a good President. I really hate Bill so much.

It's not easy times for the people of American or the world, but we all need to try to stay together as a nation and hope Trump is the man for the job.

I'm amazed how GNR were able to get this doll? Also since we here in the US have freedom of speech we may not agree, but at least we can express our feelings without fear of death or prison.

• Like 1

Trumpers sure love them some hypocrisy. Bitch about millennials being pussies, needing safe spaces, therapy dogs, etc.

Middle aged white folks getting all in a tizzy about the Piñata Incident, proclaiming it the last straw and washing their hands of the band over it!

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Download said:

Disgusting. I'm a loooooong time fan, and found this absolutely distasteful.

Of all the ways they could use their platform and that was their response?That? Good grief. What a way to make a statement. 

They decided to make a political statement and that was it. 

The lowest point in their career. They all should be ashamed to walk on stage. 

I'm ashamed for them.

"i'm ashamed for them" lol, like you are their parents or something....good grief

• Like 1

Not so much about beating up some doll, but the disappointment, that a great band like GN'R acts like a bunch of liberal kids at college campus. Actually surprised that they didn't end the show by shouting "not my president" and burn US flag.

Edited by Litti
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Litti said:

Not so much about beating up some doll, but the disappointment, that a great band like GN'R acts like a bunch of liberal kids at college campus. Actually surprised that they didn't end the show by shouting "not my president" and burn US flag.

That's what it all boils down to though really, doesn't it. When somebody disagrees with Trump (and thereby his supporters), they are a "Libtard" and somehow less of a worthy American. That's why people have their tit in a ringer over this. Trumpers are just as thin skinned as the man himself. 

Ted Nugent still tours on occasion. So does Kid Rock. You should go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt13 said:

Finally, it's fucking laughable when people like Richard Fortus and Del James go on Twitter and attack Donald Trump for being 'sexist' or 'bigoted' or whatever... all the while participating in a band where half of their songs DEGRADE WOMEN.  

It's so rich of them. 

I'm sorry... I was hanging on by a thread with this band.  Artists, including musicians and actors, should keep their mouths fucking shut.  They live in a bubble and everytime someone like Del James or now, Axl Rose, opens his mouth, it really goes to show how incredibly stupid and brainwashed they really are.  It's embarrassing.  Not to mention GNR is now alienating half of it's fanbase.  Most of which is too scared to come on here and speak their mind because they know they'll get flamed by left-wing-worshipping ass holes... who don't even know what they're talking about.  

I was so excited about this reunion, but GNR won't get a dime of my money ever again.  I've pretty much lost all interest.  Especially in hypocritical comments made by people associated with this band.  Axl Rose is the one who sang about fa**ots and ni**ers, not Donald Trump.   Axl Rose and his band, and the hangers-on (Del James... a nobody without GNR's success), are the ones who degrade women every night they go onstage with their lyrics.  

In fairness, I have to hand it to Slash, Dizzy and Duff.  They're at least keeping their mouths (and Twitter feeds) shut about politics.  Duff's article (I think on some place called 'noisey') that came out the other day was very thoughtful.  

At the end of the day though, count me out, GNR.   Bunch of hypocrites.  

Axl should focus on giving GNR fans 100% like he gave AC/DC fans, and forget about politics.  He sounds like crap on most songs with GNR (Mickey).

Half it's fanbase?, i don't think so pal.

Bizarre to see people so surprised and upset about a political statement from a rock band. Tons of music is inspired by politics, and even GNR has written songs with political messages. It's good when an artist makes a statement without caring about who gets pissed off by it. That's a good old fashioned rock and roll thing to do. I wish GNR were more outspoken with their opinions in interviews in general. I wouldn't want every show to be a political statement, but a little occasional drama like this is good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

See someone is offended not just trump supporters :lol:

The band could put their efforts to better use. It's true and you know it

You're funny, you keep assuming things that aren't true... there's a word for people like that. You should google it.

The fact alone that you really seem to think that a harmless playful little 'stunt' can interfere with songwriting or rehearsing is laughable. Seriously, lighten up... there's way more in this world to be uptight about than a rock n roll band letting MEXICAN fans beat up a Trump pinata.

iKQBalT.jpg

'I want to meet the Donald Trump of rock and roll. ‘You know Doug, when you’re an underdog, everybody puts you to the top. Press, your fans, and once you get to the top, they jerk your ass back to the ground. That’s what Axl Rose is.’  Donald J. Trump, 1991

“You guys chose the setlist…I’m just here like Donald Trump…I consult myself.” Axl, 2016

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Asia said:

So he "defends" people he himself offended in the first place, using much harsher words, and never appologized, never even admitted it was a mistake. This is maturity for you? Well, there's nothing I can do for you. Plus where is Axl defending anybody? It's just your biased interpretation. So far so good I haven't heard a word from him as to who he is defending and why. He's only bashing trump just like everybody, a very trendy thing to do right now.

I am against musicians being engaged in politics, surely it's their choice but it will alwyas sooner or later turn against them. Any politician they choose to support will sooner or later drag their names, faces and reputation through the gutter and make them look like fucking idiots and lose the resect they've earned through years of hard work. If somebody wants to risk it, their choice. I would never. And by being so fiercely against one side, they are showing their support to the other, or so it is perceived.

But even if they think Trump is  so bad that they need to take the risk and engage in that pathethic political shitstorm, at least do it well. Speak out, say what it is specifically that makes you so angry or worried, whatever. Just beating a doll with sticks doesn't really serve much purpose other than making the headlines in a stupid way.

My thoughts exactly. Celebrities and the like deserve to voice their opinion just as we do, but they need to use a different platform. Like I said before, they are too far removed from the situation to voice their opinions to their fanbase. Or maybe they don't want Trump supporters as fans, if that's the case it's working out well for them. I believe Axl will speak out on it in his own time. The last thing I want to deal with is being at a GnR concert and having a pissed off ex fan making an otherwise great time miserable for the other fans. I expect to see this in 2017. Enough said.