GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

4 hours ago, Matt13 said:

Finally, it's fucking laughable when people like Richard Fortus and Del James go on Twitter and attack Donald Trump for being 'sexist' or 'bigoted' or whatever... all the while participating in a band where half of their songs DEGRADE WOMEN.  

It's so rich of them. 

I'm sorry... I was hanging on by a thread with this band.  Artists, including musicians and actors, should keep their mouths fucking shut.  They live in a bubble and everytime someone like Del James or now, Axl Rose, opens his mouth, it really goes to show how incredibly stupid and brainwashed they really are.  It's embarrassing.  Not to mention GNR is now alienating half of it's fanbase.  Most of which is too scared to come on here and speak their mind because they know they'll get flamed by left-wing-worshipping ass holes... who don't even know what they're talking about.  

I was so excited about this reunion, but GNR won't get a dime of my money ever again.  I've pretty much lost all interest.  Especially in hypocritical comments made by people associated with this band.  Axl Rose is the one who sang about fa**ots and ni**ers, not Donald Trump.   Axl Rose and his band, and the hangers-on (Del James... a nobody without GNR's success), are the ones who degrade women every night they go onstage with their lyrics.  

In fairness, I have to hand it to Slash, Dizzy and Duff.  They're at least keeping their mouths (and Twitter feeds) shut about politics.  Duff's article (I think on some place called 'noisey') that came out the other day was very thoughtful.  

At the end of the day though, count me out, GNR.   Bunch of hypocrites.  

Axl should focus on giving GNR fans 100% like he gave AC/DC fans, and forget about politics.  He sounds like crap on most songs with GNR (Mickey).

Musicians should keep their mouths shut?  We'd be missing a lot of lyrics and melody.  Maybe you like the sound of humming?  Or maybe you just like musicians to say what YOU want them to say.

And BTW when axl sang about "f*ggots and n*ggers" he was doing so from the fictional persona of a bigot.  You know - like how an actor can PORTRAY a nazi in a film without actually BEING a nazi themselves in real life?  And in that song, Axl was commenting and satirizing on the stupid mentality of the type of people  who ended up voting for trump.  But if you're a trump supporter, things like satire probably go way over your head.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HollyAnn said:

So, it's OK for all these rich celebrities to put up fences and walls and security cameras etc. around their properties for safety and protection.... but it's not OK for America to do the same exact thing???  There really is no difference.  Axl has a wall around his property,  so maybe he should keep quiet.  The wall is to keep out drug runners and terrorists.

Celebrities having security isn't the same thing as a country putting up a wall to keep another country out. Like at all. Like at fucking all. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HollyAnn said:

So, it's OK for all these rich celebrities to put up fences and walls and security cameras etc. around their properties for safety and protection.... but it's not OK for America to do the same exact thing???  There really is no difference.  Axl has a wall around his property,  so maybe he should keep quiet.  The wall is to keep out drug runners and terrorists.

Drug runners, terrorists and people that come here illegally to mooch of the system and create ghettos while their at it. That has happened to quite a few cities here in Massachusetts. 

As pathetic as it was, I am not going to stop being a fan of the band over this. Might have lost some respect for them as people but wouldn't stop being a fan of the band over it.  I have a bigger issue with their shitty drummer, second guitarist and the blue haired retard.  

• Like 3

I get that people might have missed my last warning, so we'll excuse those who continue to discuss American political matters.

This thread is meant to discuss viewpoints pertaining to GNR and the piñata incident.  It is not to be used to discuss the merits of Donald Trump as a candidate/president or American politics more specifically.

I realize it's easy for the conversation to flow from one to the other, but I'd really like to ask people to keep posts that are nothing but political commentary divorced from anything related to the band limited to the two threads we have in Anything Goes that deal directly with this subjects.

American Politics thread: 

Donald Trump Thread:

If this request proves to be too difficult, we'll simply lock the thread.  

Again, this isn't an effort to silence anyone's opinion.  You're welcome to share your opinion but please make sure it fits with the point of the OP/thread.  Our interest here is to facilitate discussion about particular topics and avoid a free-for-all that drives many away who might want to discuss the band but avoid the political aspects.  

Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stockholm Syndrome said:

America! All my american friends here, there, and everywhere. We in Europe have not forgotten about you. Let's stick together.

That pinata thing was ridiculous and painful to me, but let's get this Indiana rednecks one more try. Just one more try,

Hey thanks for this. I think we all needed to hear it, I know I did. We always have to stick together. I wish Del James would stop posting to his Twitter feed, especially saying you're all screwed. Um doesn't that mean him too? He is in America after all. And blaming all whites for Trumps presidency, creating more discord and separation. He's so far removed. And unless you plan on leaving this country then Yes he is your president too.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Drug runners, terrorists and people that come here illegally to mooch of the system and create ghettos while their at it. That has happened to quite a few cities here in Massachusetts. 

As pathetic as it was, I am not going to stop being a fan of the band over this. Might have lost some respect for them as people but wouldn't stop being a fan of the band over it.  I have a bigger issue with their shitty drummer, second guitarist and the blue haired retard.  

There's a couple of things in your post. First, I find the word retard offensive. As a person with a disability, it's RIDICULOUS to see an able bodied person speak in this fashion. Please don't give me the crap about political correctness since I'm finding that to be used as an excuse.  

Second, most crimes are done by  Americans. In addition, the big moochers are companies. Look at what happened with Carrier. They are getting a $7 million tax cut and other initiatives to save 1,000 jobs. They will still send 1,300 jobs to Mexico.  Talk about mooching 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Right. Hence the pinata.

:violin:

P.S. Who/when/where were "all whites" blamed for Trump? lol.

Well it started the night he won the election with the media blaming (uneducated white males) and has since just spiraled.

28 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I wonder if there's any celebrity (except Kanye or Ashba) who support Trump but somehow not showing it to anyone

yeah probably allot more than you think.

considering how trump voters have been stigmatized and the industry is against republicans, its better they stay quiet.

Edited by -W.A.R-

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

You're funny, you keep assuming things that aren't true... there's a word for people like that. You should google it.

The fact alone that you really seem to think that a harmless playful little 'stunt' can interfere with songwriting or rehearsing is laughable. Seriously, lighten up... there's way more in this world to be uptight about than a rock n roll band letting MEXICAN fans beat up a Trump pinata.

Lighten up? Ok, I'll do that when you start using commen sense for figuring out how gnr works. These Mexican fans look estupido. And this band, looks even worse than they did yesterday when they were too lazy to release new music. 

But please, continue to embarrass yourself convincing your imagine friend that gnr did something cool here. Just because they didnt hurt a human living breathing person doesn'tmake them too cool for being a nostalgia act. They seriously flew Steven Adler to Brazil for two songs over 2 days?!?  Really, the best drummer you've ever had

Edited by Billsfan

10 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

doesn'tmake them too cool for being a nostalgia act. They seriously flew Steven Adler to Brazil for two songs over 2 days?!?  Really, the best drummer you've ever had

Yeah because in order for them to not be a nostaliga act they have to bring back a drummer who was fired back in the early 90's?

And about them being too lazy to release new music, I mean when you look at the facts it hasn't even been a full year since this reunion took place. They weren't too lazy, they have been hard at work putting together a huge ass multi-national tour which is something Axl, Slash, and Duff have not done together in over 20 years

As a disclaimer I would love to see more Steven, however I am totally happy with the current situation with who is in the band

So classy from you GNR. :thumbsdown: Love how guys who wrote "turn around bitch I got use for you" and One in a million full of xenophobia, racism and homophobia hate guy that has same views as them. And what was point of this stunt? What good did this bring to GNR? Glad that normal people like Slash and Duff didn't take part in this shit, Axl can't say anything smart to save his life so he has to pull things like this to express his feelings, he can't say wise words like Duff did in his article.

Edited by DexAxl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

So classy from you GNR. :thumbsdown: Love how guys who wrote "turn around bitch I got use for you" and One in a million full of xenophobia, racism and homophobia hate guy that has same views as them. And what was point of this stunt? What good did this bring to GNR? Glad that normal people like Slash and Duff didn't take part in this shit, Axl can't say anything smart to save his life so he has to pull things like this to express his feelings, he can't say wise words like Duff did in his article.

You are wrong in so many ways its mindboggling. How is Slash a normal person? A very famous, legendary rockstar who inspires generations to this day with his playing is a normal person okay..and the mexican people who DID "take part in this shit" got on stage and hate trump are not the normal ones, but the legendary rockstar is. Because you'd expect a bunch of mexicans in mexico..to not beat up a Donald Trump? Just..what? And what makes this post more hilarious, is Slash hit it with the bat too. There goes your weird definition of "normal" for him I guess?

And for the "same views"..such an ignorant point of view to have. Did u even think about what you wrote there? Whatever you yourself express now is automatically a lock for the next 28 years too I guess? Does that seem reasonable to you?