GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

2 hours ago, DexAxl said:

So classy from you GNR. :thumbsdown: Love how guys who wrote "turn around bitch I got use for you" and One in a million full of xenophobia, racism and homophobia hate guy that has same views as them. And what was point of this stunt? What good did this bring to GNR? Glad that normal people like Slash and Duff didn't take part in this shit, Axl can't say anything smart to save his life so he has to pull things like this to express his feelings, he can't say wise words like Duff did in his article.

Slash and Duff took part. Just check the videos and pictures posted. I hope Slash and Duff still are "normal people" for you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

Slash and Duff took part. Just check the videos and pictures posted. I hope Slash and Duff still are "normal people" for you

From the video I saw on first page of this thread there are three persons from crowd and Frank hitting that thing.

49 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You are wrong in so many ways its mindboggling. How is Slash a normal person? A very famous, legendary rockstar who inspires generations to this day with his playing is a normal person okay..and the mexican people who DID "take part in this shit" got on stage and hate trump are not the normal ones, but the legendary rockstar is. Because you'd expect a bunch of mexicans in mexico..to not beat up a Donald Trump? Just..what? And what makes this post more hilarious, is Slash hit it with the bat too. There goes your weird definition of "normal" for him I guess?

And for the "same views"..such an ignorant point of view to have. Did u even think about what you wrote there? Whatever you yourself express now is automatically a lock for the next 28 years too I guess? Does that seem reasonable to you?

Are you stupid? Of course he is fucking legend and famous person. I wrote that in sense of "normal in mind". And again I seen just that one video on first page don't really care to go around internet to search for more videos of this.

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Seems this didn't pick up much steam. A couple twitter mentions from Time and Billboard along with a couple website articles...it appears that nobody cares a few Mexicans hit a Trump piñata in Mexico...who knew 

yeah i would guess most GNR fans are Reaganites so they aren't stirring the pot due to confusion and of course liberals are not gonna do it.

so it seems they are getting a pass for this stunt (now watch it blow up :lol:)

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Lighten up? Ok, I'll do that when you start using commen sense for figuring out how gnr works. These Mexican fans look estupido. And this band, looks even worse than they did yesterday when they were too lazy to release new music. 

But please, continue to embarrass yourself convincing your imagine friend that gnr did something cool here. Just because they didnt hurt a human living breathing person doesn'tmake them too cool for being a nostalgia act. They seriously flew Steven Adler to Brazil for two songs over 2 days?!?  Really, the best drummer you've ever had

Ha! Third post now where you quote me and assume the wrong thing. You're on a roll!

I only called you out on the stupid things you've said. Like assuming that they made that pinata themselves. Or assuming that they could have been writing songs or rehearsing instead... like a 3 minute stunt is going to interfere with something like that. Now you're assuming that I think it's cool while I'm indifferent about it. Yeah, I don't like trump, but I wouldn't have done this myself. But I don't get all offended and upset like all you crybabies.

So I'm going end this little discussion with you because I'm starting to think that you're 12 years old and my brain is getting slower by the minute responding to your irrational comments. 

SETLIST 2017

It’s So Trump
Mr. Trumpstone
Trump Democracy
Trump To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Trump
Trumper
Live & Let Trump
Rocket Trump
You Could Be Trump
Put Your Arms Around A Trump/Attitude - Duff 
Trump I Love
Civil Trump
Slash's Solo (Trumpfather)/Sweet Trump O' Mine
Use To
Trump Her
Out Ta Get
Trump
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Trump
Layla/Trump Rain
Trumpdays
Knockin On Trump's Door
Trumptrain
------------------
Right Next Door To Trump
Trump City

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So you make a setlist and don't even include The Trumper? 

They call him The Trumper, he is searching for Low and HIIIGGGGHHHHHH

I left it out because I don't think they play that song much longer

5 hours ago, DexAxl said:

From the video I saw on first page of this thread there are three persons from crowd and Frank hitting that thing.

Are you stupid? Of course he is fucking legend and famous person. I wrote that in sense of "normal in mind". And again I seen just that one video on first page don't really care to go around internet to search for more videos of this.

In other words: you cannot be bothered to check what actually happened, but gotta make sure to post a dumbass flaming comment anyway right? Just like you cannot be bothered to actually properly respond to posts, since you just straight up ignored the other part of my post, there's really no reason for me to elaborate on the rest of your "response", if you can call it that. Just hope you took all the information from it in, and aren't breathing fire out your nose that Slash is now according to your logic one of the "not normal in mind people" anymore for beating up a Donald Trump Piñata in Mexico. Like all those other, I guess "unnormal" people. Oh boy..

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Litti said:

SETLIST 2017

It’s So Trump
Mr. Trumpstone
Trump Democracy
Trump To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Trump
Trumper
Live & Let Trump
Rocket Trump
You Could Be Trump
Trump I Love
Civil Trump
Use To
Trump Her
Out Ta Get
Trump
Layla/Trump Rain
Trumpdays
Knockin On Trump's Door
Trumptrain
------------------
Right Next Door To Trump
Trump City

I'm dying over here. This is the funniest shit i've seen so far. Good one.

7 hours ago, Litti said:

SETLIST 2017

It’s So Trump
Mr. Trumpstone
Trump Democracy
Trump To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Trump
Trumper
Live & Let Trump
Rocket Trump
You Could Be Trump
Trump I Love
Civil Trump
Use To
Trump Her
Out Ta Get
Trump
Layla/Trump Rain
Trumpdays
Knockin On Trump's Door
Trumptrain
------------------
Right Next Door To Trump
Trump City

"You Could Be Trump".  That is the best one -LOL.   Cracked me up.  I can hear Axl "you could be .....you should be ....you could be Trump (owww)...."

Kudos to GNR. Everyone has the right to protest, especially against the people who run their country. If it was Hillary, Obama, Bernie or any fucking one, I'd support them too. But even more in this case, actually. And no, the "you need to respect my opinion" or "you need to respect our president" speech doesn't apply when your opinion or your president's opinion is directly against other people's rights. In a nutshell, you end up saying "you gotta respect my rights to be against your own". Fuck that.

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

I can't say I agree with it but I think both sides are going a little overboard with the reactions to this. 

I think it was a tongue-in-cheek moment specifically tailored to Mexican fans, using a part of their culture ( a piñata ) to show their reaction to some of Trump's comments towards them.  I think it's much more that, then some broad political statement.  Everyone on stage (other than maybe Del, smh) looked like they were laughing over it, including the Mexican fans hitting it....and when it finally popped, they took t-shirts out of it to give to fans.  Not so sure this should be regarded as a "black mark" in the band's history.  They've done much, much worse things in the past and if none of the things they've done in the past made you stop being a fan of this band, this certainly should not....and if it does, maybe you need to take a step back and think about it for a second.

This in no way compares to American protestors chanting "Not my president" and walking around with Donald Trump dolls hanging from a noose.  That, imo, is a political statement and not done in a tongue-in-cheek manner that this was done in.  Two completely different scenarios and people shouldn't get the two confused.  One was done in fun, the other was done in hate.

All that being said, again, I would say I don't agree with it but like they once said in their (infamous) song...."Take it for what it is."

Well said. Imo I think the fans immediately thought GnR were being anti American and so out came the hurt feelings, most in anger. It's obvious GnR are anti Trump but I don't think they're anti American. Once this blows over and the fans cool down maybe they'll see things a little differently. I would hate to see some life longers throwing in the towel over this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I can't say I agree with it but I think both sides are going a little overboard with the reactions to this. 

I think it was a tongue-in-cheek moment specifically tailored to Mexican fans, using a part of their culture ( a piñata ) to show their reaction to some of Trump's comments towards them.  I think it's much more that, then some broad political statement.  Everyone on stage (other than maybe Del, smh) looked like they were laughing over it, including the Mexican fans hitting it....and when it finally popped, they took t-shirts out of it to give to fans.  Not so sure this should be regarded as a "black mark" in the band's history.  They've done much, much worse things in the past and if none of the things they've done in the past made you stop being a fan of this band, this certainly should not....and if it does, maybe you need to take a step back and think about it for a second.

This in no way compares to American protestors chanting "Not my president" and walking around with Donald Trump dolls hanging from a noose.  That, imo, is a political statement and not done in a tongue-in-cheek manner that this was done in.  Two completely different scenarios and people shouldn't get the two confused.  One was done in fun, the other was done in hate.

All that being said, again, I would say I don't agree with it but like they once said in their (infamous) song...."Take it for what it is."

I think you're likely right on the actual band member's intentions here, but it still doesn't look good. You're one of the most famous American rock bands of all time on foreign soil. Quit listening to Del James or whoevers dumbass idea this was. I don't care what the individual band members politics are but don't fucking make GN'R a cliche political band. I personally think GN'R songs rise above all that partisan bullshit and that's the way it should be. Just my opinion 

• Like 3