GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

For some reason I've been having issues quoting right on my mobile so sorry but wanted to add does anyone remember his heartfelt letter to the Indonesian President? While some may not consider it political and more about human rights it still shows him standing up for what he feels is right despite it being a political figure or not. It's a great read for those not familiar. I believe that was last year. I really don't see how people think he's never been political though or doesn't have a right to be.

As we've all established it was a pinata filled with t-shirts. The so called blow up on Facebook didn't last that long and they gained more followers than lost.

At least he has enough guts to stand up for what he feels rather it's in agreement to anyone elses opinions or not.

See so many think he shouldn't have yet to me the Axl Rose and GnR I know have always done that. 

I mean let's be real here many friends were divided and pissed over the break up, particularly when it came to Slash but Axl never once went against what he believed or his feelings on it until he was ready. Sure we're fans but at the end of the day his feelings and life is important. That's the Axl I respect and love it may piss fans off but he's no puppet and as he's always said we aren't his boss, noone is. We don't and can't dictate his views and life either. Nor can we any other band members. 

Axl has grown a lot over the last 25, to 30 years as has his views I'm sure. The letter he sent to the Indonesian President is a prime example of how compassionate he is and his growth and also of his willingness to involve himself in what he stands for or against this is no different

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

I agree that the setting softened the tone a little...

However, are we going to say that if that was a black president effigy on a rope, (pinata or not) people would not be screaming "RACIST" and "KKK" on the news, and social media all day? :lol:

That's really not comparable.  Obama isn't promoting racist, sexist and xenophobic beliefs.  When you put that kind of hate out into the world you will get strong demonstrations of defiance.  As it should be.

On 12/1/2016 at 8:53 AM, Padme said:

Well maybe they would've done it with Hillary if she would've said she would build a wall. And all the other hatefull stuff that Trump said. 

Speaking of hateful things people have said, wasn't it Hillary who famously said:

"Immigrants and....
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran,
Or spread some fuckin' disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all Greek to me"

44 minutes ago, twenty-nine said:

Speaking of hateful things people have said, wasn't it Hillary who famously said:

"Immigrants and....
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran,
Or spread some fuckin' disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all Greek to me"

So you're saying 25 year old Axl Rose should be president? 

On December 1, 2016 at 3:25 PM, BOSSY78 said:

I'm not sure what the big deal is I mean kids hit pinatas of their favorite characters all the time. Poor Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob.

So now people blame TB for a band member's political views? I mean people dislike Trump for many reasons just as they do Hillary.

People seem to forget that celebrities have political views and rights too.

I'm more upset there was no candy in it.

The one word that summed up this entire paragraph.

'kids'

I am  a supporter of Axls decision to do this, however I am guessing it is not the best business decision as I am sure lot of Tru-mp supporters are going to pass on seeing GNR if the tour is coming around next year

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, guess I never seen this video until now. Very disappointed in GN'R. Having a guy with a scarf on like a common hoodlum beating on Trump. Typical liberalism, resist, rebel and bully until you get what you want. Actually makes Axl a hypocrite after what he said here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkV27gJkEs Guess it shouldn't surprise me, they're from L.A. They were druggies, Slash seems like a satanist sometimes. They think lesbians are cool and virtually have no religion, with the exception of Axls' upbringing, which he obviously never followed through with. I might have reconsidered buying another ticket this year if I knew this.... buy hey, I might just wear my Trump/Pence shirt at the show, or my MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN hat! But It's no biggie, Republicans are in power now and I couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

Wow, guess I never seen this video until now. Very disappointed in GN'R. Having a guy with a scarf on like a common hoodlum beating on Trump. Typical liberalism, resist, rebel and bully until you get what you want. Actually makes Axl a hypocrite after what he said here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkV27gJkEs Guess it shouldn't surprise me, they're from L.A. They were druggies, Slash seems like a satanist sometimes. They think lesbians are cool and virtually have no religion, with the exception of Axls' upbringing, which he obviously never followed through with. I might have reconsidered buying another ticket this year if I knew this.... buy hey, I might just wear my Trump/Pence shirt at the show, or my MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN hat! But It's no biggie, Republicans are in power now and I couldn't be happier.

I'll bite. Sad to hear your political differences affect your enjoyment of a musical act. Oh well. Typical liberalism, oh yes, that's Axl. Resist, rebel? It's their right, isn't it? Bully? Ha. Axl a hypocrite? Maybe he is, or maybe he's changed. "Axl's upbringing" didn't exactly leave him a healthy, well-adjusted person. Anyways, have a good show. Maybe wear a GNR shirt though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I'll bite. Sad to hear your political differences affect your enjoyment of a musical act. Oh well. Typical liberalism, oh yes, that's Axl. Resist, rebel? It's their right, isn't it? Bully? Ha. Axl a hypocrite? Maybe he is, or maybe he's changed. "Axl's upbringing" didn't exactly leave him a healthy, well-adjusted person. Anyways, have a good show. Maybe wear a GNR shirt though.

Meh, I just see it as disrespectful to the highest office in the country they all live in. If they can't respect that, what can they respect? I do think it was tongue and cheek, but how far is to far I ask? I'm still going to they show, as I don't go to concerts for political reasons, but to enjoy good music. But wearing something Trump related might make me feel better juxtaposing their Trump stunt.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Meh, I just see it as disrespectful to the highest office in the country they all live in. If they can't respect that, what can they respect? I do think it was tongue and cheek, but how far is to far I ask? I'm still going to they show, as I don't go to concerts for political reasons, but to enjoy good music. But wearing something Trump related might make me better juxtaposing their Trump stunt.

It is, I agree. But it's their right, as guaranteed by your constitution. There are plenty of Brits here who like to shout "fuck the Queen" etc. I don't agree with that either but we don't live in fascist countries (ala North Korea) and our leaders have to earn our respect. If it were Hilary in office right now would you feel so strongly? At the end of the day I think we should be glad Guns still give a fuck about something... maybe they'll channel their feelings into some new music... maybe... lol. Anyways, enough political talk. Do enjoy your show, it's a hell of an experience.

38 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think that for some people it's hard to respect a president who talks a certain way about women, who insults people through twitter when they dare to criticize him, who makes fun of a reporter with a disability, who calls all news ''fake news'' if it's not in his favour, well... I can go on for a while, but I think you catch my drift. 

"Alternative facts" is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

The gravitas of the "highest office in the land" and the respect it commands has been damaged more by ridiculous tweets than anything from any band. 

Only room in in this community for one crazy redhead... imo :).

... oh and lesbians are cool :heart:

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Politics has no place in the entertainment industry.  Entertainers need to just entertain and not push their political views on anyone, including the impressionable youth.

let everyone make their own decisions.

That's some of the problem today. News channels give people their own show and they spout off their opinions instead of reporting news. They are paid millions for the show and ratings so in a way they are sort of a celebrity to some people and in their own mind also. Both sides do this....the so called left and right.

Now here is my opinion. Both sides have reportedly run up a 20 trillion dollar defecit so neither side knows what the hell they are doing.