GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

10 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Politics has no place in the entertainment industry.  Entertainers need to just entertain and not push their political views on anyone, including the impressionable youth.

let everyone make their own decisions.

:lol: Newsflash but politics and entertainment have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time. You just crawl out from under a  rock or what? Rock n' Roll has ALWAYS had a political edge to it. If you're not bright enough to know and see that, then there's not much anyone can do to help ya. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Meh, I just see it as disrespectful to the highest office in the country they all live in. If they can't respect that, what can they respect? .

Trump has done more to disrespect and discredit the office than arguably anyone ever. He's a disgrace and has become a laughing stock of the world. He's desecrated the office to an alarming degree yet people like you continually bitch about others "disrespecting the office". How can you whine about GnR so called disrespecting the office yet stand firmly in Trump's corner as if he's America's saviour and an example of integrity, dignity and class? It's fucking laughable. If you wanna be pissed off at anyone for disrespecting the office get pisse doff at Trump cause he's trashed the integrity of what it means to be President of the United States of America. 

Having said that, GnR's actions are pretty pathetic and immature. There are much better and more productive and positive ways to express your disgust with Trump than creating a mob style lynching on stage.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bono said:

:lol: Newsflash but politics and entertainment have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time. You just crawl out from under a  rock or what? Rock n' Roll has ALWAYS had a political edge to it. If you're not bright enough to know and see that, then there's not much anyone can do to help ya. 

I know and see it. I just don't agree with using ones celebrity status to push their beliefs on everyone.

they can use their art to express themselves, write a song, write a book. But don't shove it down everyone's throats.

anyway I'm not gonna get dragged into a debate about stuff I frankly know nothing nor care about.... it's just an opinion I have that they should just keep it to themselves.

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

I know and see it. I just don't agree with using ones celebrity status to push their beliefs on everyone.

they can use their art to express themselves, write a song, write a book. But don't shove it down everyone's throats.

anyway I'm not gonna get dragged into a debate about stuff I frankly know nothing nor care about.... it's just an opinion I have that they should just keep it to themselves.

They shouldn't have recorced songs like Civil War as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Gee gnr is copping it on there fb group over this

Did I miss something? Why are people all worked up over the Trump Pinata thing again? I understand why it's a thing again on our board due to someone bumping the thread, which is fine. What I don't get is why all of a sudden it's a big deal on their fb page again out of nowhere. I took a look and it's more than just the post you referenced. The last several posts have people losing their minds about the Trump incident as if it just happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Did I miss something? Why are people all worked up over the Trump Pinata thing again? I understand why it's a thing again on our board due to someone bumping the thread, which is fine. What I don't get is why all of a sudden it's a big deal on their fb page again out of nowhere. I took a look and it's more than just the post you referenced. The last several posts have people losing their minds about the Trump incident as if it just happened.

This  seem as campaign support's Trump

5 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I see this completely the other way round, as an artist, you have quite some responsibility, your opinion matters to many, especially young people. Therefore you sometimes even should express yourself, famous musicians are some of the few people which actually can change things.

I don't find that Trump incident upsetting, I mean, it's a piñata, it fits the Mexican culture and it's humorous, everything fine (and I would say the same if it were Hillary Clinton or whoever).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Why should they keep it to themselves? They should do whatever they want, there's nothing wrong with giving an opinion, on any subject, for that matter. They don't live in North Korea, where they can't speak their mind.

Personally I don't even see why people are offended about something as silly as a piñata, even if they did it to a president I do respect, I wouldn't think it's a big deal, but whatever. Each to their own.

22 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why should they keep it to themselves? They should do whatever they want, there's nothing wrong with giving an opinion, on any subject, for that matter. They don't live in North Korea, where they can't speak their mind.

Personally I don't even see why people are offended about something as silly as a piñata, even if they did it to a president I do respect, I wouldn't think it's a big deal, but whatever. Each to their own.

Agree,is part the culture in Mexico, joke , nothing dramatic in this

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I noticed that too....it's odd how everyone is all up in arms about it and the way they talk about is like it just happened! Wtf?!!! This went down in Nov peeps. :facepalm:

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

I noticed that too....it's odd how everyone is all up in arms about it and the way they talk about is like it just happened! Wtf?!!! This went down in Nov peeps. :facepalm:

How have they just heard about it? I don't remember much fuss at the time it actually happened. Mental.

19 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

How have they just heard about it? I don't remember much fuss at the time it actually happened. Mental.

My complete guess is that it's just now making the round on a bunch of political sites or something. I'm a huge Roger Waters fan and his fb is LOADED with people saying they came to shit on him because they read something about his political view elsewhere.

• Like 1

Lol, the Trump piñata thing is popular in Mexico, Guns were just joining in. Who even cares? Mexicans have a right to be pissed off and Guns have the right to agree with them, it's only a bit of fun, Jesus.

Also, I think the criticism is resurfacing on their Facebook page because they're celebrating the 4th of July and Trump supporters probably see that as hypocritical given the band's outspoken views on the President. That's my guess anyway.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, 31illusions said:

Wow, guess I never seen this video until now. Very disappointed in GN'R. Having a guy with a scarf on like a common hoodlum beating on Trump. Typical liberalism, resist, rebel and bully until you get what you want. Actually makes Axl a hypocrite after what he said here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnkV27gJkEs Guess it shouldn't surprise me, they're from L.A. They were druggies, Slash seems like a satanist sometimes. They think lesbians are cool and virtually have no religion, with the exception of Axls' upbringing, which he obviously never followed through with. I might have reconsidered buying another ticket this year if I knew this.... buy hey, I might just wear my Trump/Pence shirt at the show, or my MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN hat! But It's no biggie, Republicans are in power now and I couldn't be happier.

And you think lesbians are what? Uncool? Also, LOL at "satanist".

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

11 hours ago, Gibbo said:

They have 28k subscribers 

(Thanks for posting, and awesome comment on youtube!!!)

If hitting a piñata is a violent message to whoever the piñata depicts, then I apologize profusely to Dora the Explorer, Donkey Kong, Mario and all bumble bees.

• Like 3