Steven Adler at the Roxy 2016

These videos have been around all month, so I'm shocked this isn't a thread (my bad if it already is).

Mitch Lafon just posted a message he got from Adler, talking about the show, which featured YCBM and BOB.

The singer in this band sound JUST LIKE AXL!

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

So frustrating that they stick with such a shit drummer... They could sound so much better and it would make it easier to tolerate Fortus and the Smurf.

very true i've been to 3 shows this year and i have to say i was not very blown away solely because of Franks over the top shit drumming 

• Like 3

Wao Adler! Much more better than the new one. I'm sure Frank is a nice guy and nothing against him personally. It's just about the style how he adds drum parts to a song. And with his fills the song sounds not as good anymore. A drummer style/person can change the whole texture of a song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gabmmor said:

It's funny how everyone suddenly gets deaf when Steven makes mistakes or when it's him speeding up songs like he did on the Ritz '88 gig - considered by many as one of the best GNR concerts ever.

Apples and oranges mate.

I don't mind an ol' reach around from the girlfriend, but when its done by a stranger in the corner stall of a public washroom, I have to draw the line somewhere.....

STEVEN GETS A PASS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixeb said:

Wao Adler! Much more better than the new one. I'm sure Frank is a nice guy and nothing against him personally. It's just about the style how he adds drum parts to a song. And with his fills the song sounds not as good anymore. A drummer style/person can change the whole texture of a song. 

GNR doesn't need a nice guy...need a fucking real good drummer...Axl should learn with The Cult...always great drummers...

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtTavana said:

man the knocking on heavens door is fucking the way it should be!!! honestly feel like turning back on gnr till adler and sorum each replace frank - i don't understand how Axl just manages not to want to make it the best as possible fuck whenever they play anything from CD i go straight to the can for my piss break and no slash + duff are both lying pretending they like to play and praise CD you're alone axl 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Original said:

Steven is so good....WTF Frank?  Must be a security blanket/comfort/control thing for Axl (keeping Frank). 

Or it's the fact that Frank is a great, more than capable drummer who has been in GN'R for 10 years and has been a prominent drummer on the previous and next album and Axl isn't just going to dump him after his loyalty.

22 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

this is crazyland , frank should be playing the club and steven should be just leaving mexico .

Frank can stay in Mexico for all I care ...

Shit, this is a real mindfuck, the original drummer playing with a cover band, with a fake Axl that sounds better than the real Axl !

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

But can he play Better and There Was A Time?

Sure he can. Most of Better is just your standard rock beat with only the choruses getting a little more involved, and aside from some of those big tom rolls in There Was A Time there isn't a whole lot going on in the drumming on that either. Easy stuff for rock drummers - nothing in the Guns catalogue is beyond Steven's abilities.

• Like 1