The Mummy Franchise

Słash

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, the 3rd one wasn't that good, but I did like the first two. So they are making another one? Cool.

Yeah but its with a full new star cast. 

The first 2 movies were a big part of me growing up. I remember I had the first one on a CD, my dads business partner/friend had given us and we watched it on our computer, it was just amazing. 

I am a huge Tom Cruise fan, but I wish the old star cast was in this movie. Imoteph will be missed. 

57 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Looks awful. 

They're going to make a Cinematic Monster Universe out of this too. :lol:

Jeez, you weren't kidding: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_(2017_film_series) 

If it's in the vein of Van Helsing and other post-00 "monster" movies, it's going to be unimaginably bad - maybe even worse than DC's Extended Universe.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2016 at 1:00 PM, Slash787 said:

I am planning to watch this

Do it. To me it is second only to the 1932 Karloff/Frund film.

The 1932 film was basically a remake of Dracula from the previous year. Instead they had an original story about a Mummy that is awoken 3,000 years later with a curse. This was also a pre-code film, so it was rather graphic for its time. You see people getting penetrated by spears and the lead actress Zita Johann shows A LOT of skin in certain scenes. The iconic bandaged wrapped money wasn't really displayed here, only at the beginning. That didn't show up until the sequels nearly 10 years later. Flash foward to 1959, where the British Hammer studios have already brought back gothic icons such as Dracula and Frankenstein, they didn't have as much code restrictions. Plus they were in color. The Hammer Film had a number of sequels that I am aware of, but they didn't live up to it. The fact the Mummy is a woman in the 2017 film, was already done in the Hammer film Blood From the Mummy's Tomb where Valerie Leon played the Mummy. That said, Hammer had a lot of beautiful women in their films.

• Like 2