The Mummy Franchise

Słash

On 12/7/2016 at 6:54 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

These are going to be nothing like the Brendan Fraser films that replaced horror with adventure. It is going to be more like a horror film like the original Mummy films. 

I dunno. Looks too large scale to be horror. Kinda feels like they're going the "epic" city destroying Michael Bay bullshit route here. I was hoping it would be a little more contained, but it doesn't look like it will be.

The Brendan Fraiser movies were a solid meh for me. They haven't aged very well, especially The Scorpian King, which often tops online lists of the worst CGI ever.

Honestly the Mummy isn't a wildly beloved franchise anyways, so I doubt anyone will be too heartbroken by this film, seems pretty low risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan H. said:

I dunno. Looks too large scale to be horror. Kinda feels like they're going the "epic" city destroying Michael Bay bullshit route here. I was hoping it would be a little more contained, but it doesn't look like it will be.

The Brendan Fraiser movies were a solid meh for me. They haven't aged very well, especially The Scorpian King, which often tops online lists of the worst CGI ever.

Honestly the Mummy isn't a wildly beloved franchise anyways, so I doubt anyone will be too heartbroken by this film, seems pretty low risk.

The first one was great. The second and third not so much. The Mummy Returns was worth watching because Rachel Weiz looked way hotter. The third where she was replaced by Maria Bello...great actress but it throws one off. 

Scorpion King sucked. This was back when The Rock struggled to get a movie career. Now he's everywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Judging by the YouTube comments, his back is royally fucked up, and his ex wife raped him in the divorce, alimony-wise.

Oh dear, poor Brendan

Ha, I just saw all the tweets #notmymummy  :lol:

Well, I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise, but the trailer does look interesting so I'll watch it anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...