vote for Axl- Rock Titan Of The Year-

1 hour ago, Original said:

Maybe....the AC/DC shit factors in huge 

The AC/DC thing was very very cool. 

But he was just a replacement singer for another band, singing songs he had nothing to do with. 

IMO that doesn't really compare to 1991 when he released albums that debuted #1 and #2 on Billboard.  

Or look at the Illusions tour. It broke world touring records. Illusions dominated the charts producing several hit and iconic songs. That seems more impressive than a couple dozen shows just playing old songs. 

IMO Axl is the MVP of rock music for 2016. But in terms of career achievement, this year certainly doesn't compete with the Appetite or Illusions years. That's when GnR/Axl created the songs that they are still playing in 2016. 

Voted Axl 'cause I really think that what he did this year is great. I'm proud of him, even that I'm absolutelly pissed by the no new songs thing. 

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Fortus is over the moon playing with Slash and Duff. Especially Slash. A new Guns album could be his chance to attach his name to an icon

And i really think he could deliever some neat ideas for a bluesy hard n rock n roll album. The second Dead Daisies album is AMAZING and it has a lot of credits for Fortus and Dizzy. 

20 hours ago, Apollo said:

Greatest front man of all time? By playing 25 year old songs and by touring with and singing another band's songs?

Last true rock star? How so?

But yes. Axl is without a doubt the MVP of rock music in 2016. There is little doubt about that. Though the lack of an actual album does make it a bit cloudy for some voters. 

Do people really care about random online polls and awards? The winner will be which ever band can can utilize and organize its FB and Twitter followers. 

Gnr has like 30 million followers on FB. They should easily win every award that can be "voted" on. 

Greatest frontman of all time...I never said most productive man of all time :lol: 

To me, Axl is the greatest frontman for how he reacts to the music while singing it, putting in a lot of effort and bringing energy to the show, and also his charisma. But still it's just my opinion.

As for new music, I think it will happen. Many signs point to it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

They're huge in Japan.

er... uh...wow. I am not completely sure what I just watched.

I've seen comments about how great Baby Metal is on other random sites when music comes up. No one had posted a video before and I was too lazy to go look them up myself. This was not what I was expecting. At all.

Thank you for expanding my musical horizons... I think.

13 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I've seen comments about how great Baby Metal is on other random sites when music comes up. No one had posted a video before and I was too lazy to go look them up myself. This was not what I was expecting. At all.

Well, it's just one of the singles here. Their live shows are kinda brutal though, very talented band.

Edited by Silent Jay

57 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Well, it's just one of the singles here. Their live shows are kinda brutal though, very talented band.

Okay. I can see the appeal of that. Not so much the last one with the j-pop vocals (and I am not someone who hates j-pop).  I could also see how some people would be a fan of the theatrical aspect of it though I am not generally one of those people. IDo you know which is more typical of them?

eta: okay on second thought this might be getting a little off topic now that I think of it. Is there a topic about them elsewhere that I can ask my questions and sake my curiosity?

Edited by sanity_lost

9 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

hmm okey. haha not my cup of tea...

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

That was fucking weird. I think I need to talk to someone.

7 hours ago, triad said:

Woooooo!  Now that was something else, lol.

6 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Same, but I love that they're opening for GNR. :lol:

I'm tempted to make a quick trip to Japan just for the WTF/LOL factor of seeing GNR with "Baby Metal" :rofl-lol:

5 hours ago, sanity_lost said:
6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Okay. I can see the appeal of that. Not so much the last one with the j-pop vocals (and I am not someone who hates j-pop).  I could also see how some people would be a fan of the theatrical aspect of it though I am not generally one of those people. IDo you know which is more typical of them?

This is so... Japan.

It's like little goth loli girls trying to be all black metal or something?

Are they even an actual band who write their own songs or are they some kind of artificial casting show product? All the dance choreographies make them seem like some kind of boyband or girlie pop band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I'm tempted to make a quick trip to Japan just for the WTF/LOL factor of seeing GNR with "Baby Metal" :rofl-lol:

This is so... Japan.

Are they even an actual band who write their own songs or are they some kind of artificial casting show product? All the dance choreographies make them seem like some kind of boyband or girlie pop band.

It's a bit of both rock and and girlband, I guess.

This reminds me of why I suddenly stop being an otaku. Anime and manga and other Japanese culture used to be so badass. Now it doesn't go far from moe moe, girl and boy band, and crossdressing, sexually ambiguous people -_- 

Although some anime still good, just not many of it now.

Edited by tifalucis

On 12/4/2016 at 0:17 PM, Frey said:

This is so... Japan.

You know what, I've ended up watching a load of videos and Babymetal are cool as fuck. I'd love to see them live. :lol: