vote for Axl- Rock Titan Of The Year-

On 12/4/2016 at 2:32 PM, sanity_lost said:

er... uh...wow. I am not completely sure what I just watched.

I've seen comments about how great Baby Metal is on other random sites when music comes up. No one had posted a video before and I was too lazy to go look them up myself. This was not what I was expecting. At all.

Thank you for expanding my musical horizons... I think.

Personally, I prefer K-Pop. Check out Ace of Angels (AOA), Girls Generation, T-ara,  and Kara.

J-pop I like AKB48, SKE48, HKT48, NMB48, and Nogizaka 46 (probably THE #1 group in Japan this year).

Axl as Rock Titan of the Year? No question about it. He owned 2016.

Axl still winning his as is Slash but Guns as a whole is losing for best fans and I maybe it was best live performance( second category may be different)

I'm surprised wit how huge the fanbase is we only have 5% in votes. I'm sure those other bands shared it but still.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

Voted for Slash, as he is the main reason for Gn'R tour being so successful.

Emmm no. Axl slash and duff togheter again and killing it is the reason, one of the greatest bands ever waking up is the reason,.

These fans are spamming it on the hour despite our huge fan base we are losing over half the polls and close to losing more.

No doubt in my mind we shouldn't be losing in Best Tour and best live or even best fans but we are. And Paul Simon is ahead of Axl?

We can vote once every hour. 

Hasn't Paul Simon released an album which is picking up rave reviews? Bowie had a posthumous album out. Bob has a new album out. The Stones have, albeit a covers' album. Neil Young has released three albums since June 2015, and toured the world with a tour which has picked up incredible reviews throughout 2016. Metallica have released an album to decent reviews and (for 2016) sales.

Why would Axl deserve to win here then? He is about the only one who hasn't released anything!

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hasn't Paul Simon released an album which is picking up rave reviews? Bowie had a posthumous album out. Bob has a new album out. The Stones have, albeit a covers' album. Neil Young has released three albums since June 2015, and toured the world with a tour which has picked up incredible reviews throughout 2016. Metallica have released an album to decent reviews and (for 2016) sales.

Why would Axl deserve to win here then? He is about the only one who hasn't released anything!

Still a titan though. Everything about Axl screams Rock Titan. Paul Simon is too short.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hence why they are listed under album of year or song of year. Each category is for specific things. Like best tour has not as much to do with albums produced. Or best live act again nothing to do with albums produced. Artist of the year factors in many things. Axl fronting 2 great bands was only one of many reasons for his being listed there. If Paul Simons album is great fans can vote for him there, if it was considered for albums.

Again maybe read what the category requires or lists as reasons for nominations before deciding where he should or shouldn't be nominated.

Just like they have rock and metal band of the year GnR aren't nominated in those while other bands old and new are. They didn't meet requirements there which may be new music.

There are many more GnR or members are in. You can vote Slash for guitar Duff for Bass for example.

If memory Paul Simon isn't even considered under albums released. 

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 1