2017 European/US Tour Officially Announced

7 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Thanks guys. Same in Paris? It will be my first time in Europe and first GN'R concert. lol. Would suck if most of the concert, the sun is still up.

It's actually pretty interesting seeing GN'R start in the daylight. It was bizarre when they came out in Pittsburgh last year and it was still light out. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

In Britain, at least, we have an 11pm curfew, and it will be dark by then. In the summer time, it starts going dark around 7pm.

London shows about 7-10 days before the longest day?

It won't be completely dark until around 10pm and they'll be on stage at 8pm, so yes most of the show will be in the light

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Thanks guys. Same in Paris? It will be my first time in Europe and first GN'R concert. lol. Would suck if most of the concert, the sun is still up.

If they start at 8pm then, yeah, most of the show will be during day light. Don't forget that the European shows will be around the biggest days of the year and in cities like Madrid or Paris the sun only goes down around 10 pm.

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

If they start at 8pm then, yeah, most of the show will be during day light. Don't forget that the European shows will be around the biggest days of the year and in cities like Madrid or Paris the sun only goes down around 10 pm.

Ugh. And Im also watching Aerosmith in Madrid. Lol

5 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

In Paris the sun will go down later than Madrid :lol: Maybe you can compare with the Paris 1992 show, which was on June 6th. Lots of daylight there too.

I would assume GNR doesn't take the stage until 9PM or so though? Concerts don't tend to start as early as 8 PM. At least not in Belgium. I'm going June 24th, so it will be daylight for a big part of the show. I don't mind. I'm sure the sun will be under by the time PC hits.

24 minutes ago, Lio said:

In Paris the sun will go down later than Madrid :lol: Maybe you can compare with the Paris 1992 show, which was on June 6th. Lots of daylight there too.

I would assume GNR doesn't take the stage until 9PM or so though? Concerts don't tend to start as early as 8 PM. At least not in Belgium. I'm going June 24th, so it will be daylight for a big part of the show. I don't mind. I'm sure the sun will be under by the time PC hits.

Thanks! So it will be night right around Seeker eh? lol

32 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Man, don't worry about it. European summer is great and summer light and big days are beautiful here, you're gonna love it. You just should come to Portugal instead, so you could enjoy these big days by the sea - you know cities like Madrid or Paris are not good for that  :rofl-lol:

Anyway, Lio is probably right, they shouldn't hit the stage till 9pm, it would be a mistake if they do, because as the days are longer people tend to stay on the streets longer too, so I don't see a lot of people arriving to the venue before 8:30pm. And yeah, when they start Seeker it will be night already, no worries :P 

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

Man, don't worry about it. European summer is great and summer light and big days are beautiful here, you're gonna love it. You just should come to Portugal instead, so you could enjoy these big days by the sea - you know cities like Madrid or Paris are not good for that  :rofl-lol:

Anyway, Lio is probably right, they shouldn't hit the stage till 9pm, it would be a mistake if they do, because as the days are longer people tend to stay on the streets longer too, so I don't see a lot of people arriving to the venue before 8:30pm. And yeah, when they start Seeker it will be night already, no worries :P 

Im thinking of visiting Portugal too. For now, its Spain, France, Italy. Though I dont really need the sea. Im from an island in the Philippines. Specifically Cebu, known for its beaches/whale shark swimming. lol. But do wanna visit Lisbon. 

• Like 1

The shows I saw in London (July '91, June '92) it got dark around 1/3 of the way through. I didn't really notice until Axl checked to see if was dark enough to shoot the MTV video for Live n Let Die (it was)

To be honest when your'e there you won't notice if it's light or dark because you will be focused on the stage, well i was anyway:headbang:

9 hours ago, Lio said:

In SF, they took the stage 8 sharp...in the US, the start times varied depending on the city they were in (curfews and such)

• 2 weeks later...