Only 1 UK date?

I'm going to offer my UK friends a little advice on attending these shows, particularly for those who are saying this is too expensive.  Long story short, I understand the urge to want to have tickets in your possession for something like this.  You want to KNOW you're going to attend.  I had tickets in hand for their show in Philadelphia since I could not make the MetLife show they announced which at the time was the ONLY MetLife show.  Once the second show was announced I waited on it.  Tickets were not selling well and StubHub had incredibly reasonable prices for that second show.  I waited until the day before the show and bought tickets off StubHub for the GA Pit on Slash's side at a solid discount.  Not once did I consider not going because I didn't have tickets in hand, I knew the entire time I was still going to the show.

I recommend those of you who are having financial difficulty to try this approach.  I promise you it will work at least to some extent.  You might not get the premium seats you want, but trust me you'll get some pretty good seats AND you'll be able to choose where you want to sit over Ticketmaster telling you where you'll sit. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I'm going to offer my UK friends a little advice on attending these shows, particularly for those who are saying this is too expensive.  Long story short, I understand the urge to want to have tickets in your possession for something like this.  You want to KNOW you're going to attend.  I had tickets in hand for their show in Philadelphia since I could not make the MetLife show they announced which at the time was the ONLY MetLife show.  Once the second show was announced I waited on it.  Tickets were not selling well and StubHub had incredibly reasonable prices for that second show.  I waited until the day before the show and bought tickets off StubHub for the GA Pit on Slash's side at a solid discount.  Not once did I consider not going because I didn't have tickets in hand, I knew the entire time I was still going to the show.

I recommend those of you who are having financial difficulty to try this approach.  I promise you it will work at least to some extent.  You might not get the premium seats you want, but trust me you'll get some pretty good seats AND you'll be able to choose where you want to sit over Ticketmaster telling you where you'll sit. 

Very similar to the approach I plan to take, I actually think I'll end up getting golden circle standing at a fair whack lower than face, if that doesn't happen then for sure I will 100% get a Golden Circle ticket at face.

36 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I suspect you are right. I did consider this approach but for me it's just too much uncertainty with child care and travel arrangements - I need the damn thing to be military style.:lol:

For someone who is low on cash and commitment free it's probably a decent plan.

2 hours ago, Calcy said:

GC and GA standing still available for the Saturday. Surely this will sell out too though?

I don't think they'll sell all the seats for the second date to be honest with you.

You will have a good idea by Monday/Tuesday.  Further sales will be down to a trickle by then, if there are tons of seats left they probably won't fill them.  Once the rush and hype dies off people usually don't just buy any old rubbish at the back or some of the average seats that are over £100 like they do in the on sale panic.

I'm fairly certain for the Friday too if you happen to be in London and check the resale sites or even go to the ground there will be a lot of tickets for sale for less than the cover price 

Edited by northernsoul

23 minutes ago, EastLondonDan said:

Very similar to the approach I plan to take, I actually think I'll end up getting golden circle standing at a fair whack lower than face, if that doesn't happen then for sure I will 100% get a Golden Circle ticket at face.

Don't think you will for night one (a discount that is). I'd snap up a Golden circle while you can. Big promo for this and only UK shows (these aren't the only reasons tickets are going fast for this)

Edited by Carburetta

IMO the only Golden circle tix for London night one which will come up again are the unsold premium packages close to show date, and they may go fast too.

London is a big market for Guns, even Axl's band could do two nights at the O2 and that was on the back of a full UK tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bennis said:

Can't believe how much they want for these tickets £100 plus all the extra service fees, totallly ripping fans off and that stadium will be awful for a gig like this....

You obviously weren't there for Axl/DC then were you?

Wembley is awful

The best seated tickets are being held in the VIP packages from what I can work out from playing around with TM.

I don't have the greatest seats but to be honest I'm just glad to be attending and hopefully meeting plenty of forum members. It's just too expensive to pay for VIP as well as a hotel and travel, if they played Manchester I may have bought VIP as I wouldn't need a hotel or to travel far.

2 hours ago, northernsoul said:

I don't think they'll sell all the seats for the second date to be honest with you.

You will have a good idea by Monday/Tuesday.  Further sales will be down to a trickle by then, if there are tons of seats left they probably won't fill them.  Once the rush and hype dies off people usually don't just buy any old rubbish at the back or some of the average seats that are over £100 like they do in the on sale panic.

I'm fairly certain for the Friday too if you happen to be in London and check the resale sites or even go to the ground there will be a lot of tickets for sale for less than the cover price 

Certainly looks like you were right. I got Fri tix in the Amex presale then was on at 10 assuming (rightly) night 2 would be announced. But I thought the stadium would sell out quickly - looks like I was wrong. Time of year for putting tix on sale is certainly strange.

Won't stop me from enjoying both gigs though!

On 05/12/2016 at 11:22 AM, seely said:

If there were going to be more cities, then they would probably have announced them. As it stands, we'll probably just get a second London show (if we're lucky).

They need to add dates for outside London 

east/West Midlands areas 

6 hours ago, Bennis said:

Can't believe how much they want for these tickets £100 plus all the extra service fees, totallly ripping fans off and that stadium will be awful for a gig like this....

The Queen Elizabeth stadium is great - have you been there?  The acoustics at Axl/DC were really good and everything is brand new as it's just been refurbished for West Ham.  Wembley is not so good imo, I hate going there.

got my london tix for Friday (standing) and then Saturday (seated). I'm thinking i'll be fucked from friday so will need a sit down. 

Regarding the price- - not fucking cheap! When you add on travel, hotel, beer, its soon becomes very expensive!

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

The best seated tickets are being held in the VIP packages from what I can work out from playing around with TM.

I don't have the greatest seats but to be honest I'm just glad to be attending and hopefully meeting plenty of forum members. It's just too expensive to pay for VIP as well as a hotel and travel, if they played Manchester I may have bought VIP as I wouldn't need a hotel or to travel far.

Well, they're doing the same thing that AC/DC did in June - the ordinary GA tickets also include non-reserved seating on the first tier which are actually the best.  So you could get a seat pretty close to the stage for under £100, definitely not VIP prices.

1 minute ago, Lindy100 said:

Well, they're doing the same thing that AC/DC did in June - the ordinary GA tickets also include non-reserved seating on the first tier which are actually the best.  So you could get a seat pretty close to the stage for under £100, definitely not VIP prices.

Yes I did that in Manchester for ACDC. They got taken quickly though, we ended up sitting down part way through the set and whilst the atmosphere is great the stage view was restricted.

I've never been to the London Stadium though so no idea how it compares.

I'm not ecstatic about the seats I managed to get so I might reconsider.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

Got my London tickets today in spite of all my bitching about prices haha. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Hope you can still eat! Seriously though, enjoy the show, since you paid more than you wanted to REALLY enjoy the show!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

In a mad rush today I got seated tickets for the Saturday London show but they are at the back, and GA is still available, do you think if I phone Ticketmaster and beg for an exchange (or even a cancellation then buy GA) they will do that?

They did that for the US shows at least. I changed them a couple of times :)