Only 1 UK date?

12 hours ago, Lindy100 said:

The Queen Elizabeth stadium is great - have you been there?  The acoustics at Axl/DC were really good and everything is brand new as it's just been refurbished for West Ham.  Wembley is not so good imo, I hate going there.

yeah but wembley has bigger capacity...no?

5 hours ago, Lindy100 said:

Yes but only (only!) by 10,000.  My friend saw AC/DC at Wembley last year and she said the sound was terrible.

Not done the Olympic Stadium yet but Wembley is indeed awful.  The sound is atrocious and at the end of the day it just has a load more seats nowhere near the stage that nobody on here would want to buy anyway.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, carsonskitz said:

Can't believe there's still golden circle tickets available for the Saturday. So tempted to buy one even though the price is a disgrace, might try and hold out for another two weeks or just buy one off gumtree next year. Anyone else using that approach?

Yeah I am, not looking to buy until around a month beforehand, will easily pick one up either from a further release of tickets or via a secondary market, which I fully expect prices to have crashed before too long. I certainly don't think I'll have to pay more than face value and I think very likely I'll end up paying a fair bit under face value. I would rather the Saturday out of the two but will see which one my approach lands me with.  I am pretty lucky in the sense that I am only 10 miles or so from the Olympic Park so don't need to plan travel or hotels and the like.

by the way, for those of you coming from other parts of the UK for the gigs and are looking at hotels, I'd just like to advise that the London Underground now runs all night on Fri and Sat so you don't  necessarily need to book rooms in/around Stratford, both the Central Line and Jubilee lines cover a lot of London.  Also, happy to help with any local info if required.

Edited by EastLondonDan
Additional information added
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, EastLondonDan said:

Yeah I am, not looking to buy until around a month beforehand, will easily pick one up either from a further release of tickets or via a secondary market, which I fully expect prices to have crashed before too long. I certainly don't think I'll have to pay more than face value and I think very likely I'll end up paying a fair bit under face value. I would rather the Saturday out of the two but will see which one my approach lands me with.  I am pretty lucky in the sense that I am only 10 miles or so from the Olympic Park so don't need to plan travel or hotels and the like.

by the way, for those of you coming from other parts of the UK for the gigs and are looking at hotels, I'd just like to advise that the London Underground now runs all night on Fri and Sat so you don't  necessarily need to book rooms in/around Stratford, both the Central Line and Jubilee lines cover a lot of London.  Also, happy to help with any local info if required.

That's really useful to know thanks. I tried googling for the information about last tube times earlier this week but couldn't find a definitive answer.

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

That's really useful to know thanks. I tried googling for the information about last tube times earlier this week but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Yeah both the Central Line and Jubilee Line serve Stratford, both of which run through the night on Fri and Sat nights, a few other lines run all night too, so don't be tricked into thinking you'll need to rush away before the end of the gig or be stranded in East London all night....the night tube would have been handy last time they was in London as lots of people left to catch last trains then, although can't recall if they was weekend shows back then.

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-improvements/what-we-are-doing/night-tube?cid=nighttube

Edited by EastLondonDan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EastLondonDan said:

Yeah sounds like a plan. I already got GA for the Friday, but after giving it some thought I definitely want golden circle for the Saturday. Yeah same, I'm not as close as you but I'm only in Kent...30 minute drive alway from Rochester.

16 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

It's not 2017 yet buddy 

Ha ha, I misread the post!! Silly me! 

For what it's worth though I can't see Guns being a Glastonbury headliner, Download yes, even Isle of Wight but not Glastonbury- I would have said Reading/Leeds too but I think they've burned their bridges with that one!!

24 minutes ago, EastLondonDan said:

Ha ha, I misread the post!! Silly me! 

For what it's worth though I can't see Guns being a Glastonbury headliner, Download yes, even Isle of Wight but not Glastonbury- I would have said Reading/Leeds too but I think they've burned their bridges with that one!!

Download won't be happening this year, that much we can be certain of. 

Reading/Leeds have Muse as a headliner but there's still space for GN'R to be added I believe. 

Isle Of Wight or Glasto seem like the most likely posdibilities, if any, I think at this stage of the game.

16 hours ago, carsonskitz said:

Can't believe there's still golden circle tickets available for the Saturday. So tempted to buy one even though the price is a disgrace, might try and hold out for another two weeks or just buy one off gumtree next year. Anyone else using that approach?

Done it loads of times just wait until show day the 2nd sites always do FV or less

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seely said:

Incidentally for those looking at travel, National Express are running coaches to and from the stadium for the gigs from all around the country - so no need to stay overnight in London if you want to avoid that expense.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/events/guns-n-roses.aspx

last coach at 23.30 could be tricky. wonder if it leaves at 23.30 sharp or just whenever the last people get on