Who's excited for the St. Louis show!?

I hate to be cynical, but since this is getting touted as the "show not to miss" on this tour I'll probably have an evil laugh on the inside when Axl doesn't even mention anything about the riot and it turns out to be a standard set list. Very anti-climactic! :lol:

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I hate to be cynical, but since this is getting touted as the "show not to miss" on this tour I'll probably have an evil laugh on the inside when Axl doesn't even mention anything about the riot and it turns out to be a standard set list. Very anti-climactic! :lol:

I'm very excited to be going, but I really don't expect anything special to happen from the band per se. But I think the atmosphere in the crowd is gonna just be electric. 

• Like 2

Other than a possible reference or two from Axl, this band is too professional & Machine-like to make it a big deal.  The nostalgia hounds would love it, but already on this tour alone I've watched many theories on what should've been 'special' shows turn out to be just another show on the tour.

You'll get a kickass rock show however!  BTW, that's how it should be.  1991 is dead and gone and there's no sense in rehashing it.

• Like 1

Make a big deal about it? Probably not. But I'd be extremely surprised if he doesn't say anything about it - which he will.

He explained the Philly-incident in 2012 and joked about it again this year when they played there again.

He'll mention something, and if we're lucky, throw another bone and play a slightly longer set.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I just learned from a contact today that there will in fact be another round of US and Canada tour dates next fall/winter.  You all may know that by now.  I've not been keeping up with the happenings here.  If your city isn't on the current list or hasn't been a stop on the first round last summer, it will be.  It sounds like they aren't leaving any market unrocked. 

They accurately think I leaked some of the stadium dates last year so they dont give me many details anymore and I try to play it cool and don't ask.  I'm only going to one show the next time around and that's St. Louis.  Like many of you, I not as excited about this tour as I used to be.  I want to hear new songs.

That's a bummer man. But hey- at least we have GnR playing shows. 

Why you going to St Louis? Geography, history or other?

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

I lived there when I was younger and I have a lot of friends in the area who've not had the opportunity to see them, so we're all going.  

They haven't played Kentucky in 25 years, can you at least tell me or "hint" if they will be playing here or not? Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I lived there when I was younger and I have a lot of friends in the area who've not had the opportunity to see them, so we're all going.  

Also, I bought an entire front row (8 seats on Duff's side) for this show! Can't wait!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I just learned from a contact today that there will in fact be another round of US and Canada tour dates next fall/winter.  You all may know that by now.  I've not been keeping up with the happenings here.  If your city isn't on the current list or hasn't been a stop on the first round last summer, it will be.  It sounds like they aren't leaving any market unrocked. 

They accurately think I leaked some of the stadium dates last year so they dont give me many details anymore and I try to play it cool and don't ask.  I'm only going to one show the next time around and that's St. Louis.  Like many of you, I not as excited about this tour as I used to be.  I want to hear new songs.

I just wanted to reiterate my appreciation for the tour info. you did give us...

giphy.gif

• Like 3