Ticket Prices

Just now, PsychoKiss344 said:

Totally forgot that was at Olympic Stadium lol, you think that would be lifted by now though? Guns is playing in St Louis.

I don't think they are playing at the actual Heavy MTL though, it's just sponsored by them.

I heard Heavy MTL might be cancelled.

Yeah I know, that's what I was comparing! I meant that a ticket to 1 gnr concert is pretty much the same price as a heavy mtl weekend pass for multiple concerts in previous years. 

That's a good point! I always imagined St. Louis as having been way worse than mtl! But honestly I can't see gnr purposely choosing the freaking Grand Prix race track over the Olympic stadium as a venue, unless they really were still banned!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mendez said:

I always thought the high ticket prices are a result of playing in a stadium. Like maybe there was some sort of "booking fee" to book the stadium. 

Maybe but I would think the high fees are more than likely do to Slash and Duff lol. Plus they do have to pay all those people who do that huge stage,lighting,and massive screens

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

In the end, this experience is priceless and if you go see the show, you dont give a fuck how much you spent. cause the experience and the memory is worth so much more than 100€. 

I know what you mean, but it sure also reads like the perfect justification for charging hilariously high ticket prices.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

In the end, this experience is priceless and if you go see the show, you dont give a fuck how much you spent. cause the experience and the memory is worth so much more than 100€. 

I see you've seen a few shows mate. Whats your favorite just out of interest?

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

Again, I realise not everyone can afford it, and that's a pity, but I think the prices are as was to be expected.

Honestly? From what I heard about the US I expected way more than 160 € for a FOS ticket!

8 hours ago, AlexC said:

Announcing only one UK show and then putting it on sale only 5 days later with the lowest price at £94 before fees for nosebleeds during the Christmas period is highly unreasonable.

I'd say the "5 days later" sale is pretty average for tour announcements. At most it's usually only a week, and that goes for nearly every band regardless of the time of year. I agree that a big bucks tour like this getting announced during the Christmas season is annoying (I skipped out on buying AC/DC tickets last year at this time for the same reason), but it's not entirely uncommon either for Live Nation or whoever to bank on getting sales during the Christmas season.

5 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Honestly? From what I heard about the US I expected way more than 160 € for a FOS ticket!

US tickets seem to be much more expensive for some reason? I was pretty confident they wouldn't be able to fill a huge venue asking 150 EUR or more for a normal ticket though.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I'd say the "5 days later" sale is pretty average for tour announcements. At most it's usually only a week, and that goes for nearly every band regardless of the time of year. I agree that a big bucks tour like this getting announced during the Christmas season is annoying (I skipped out on buying AC/DC tickets last year at this time for the same reason), but it's not entirely uncommon either for Live Nation or whoever to bank on getting sales during the Christmas season.

Yes, true. It's only logical. You do the promo, announce it, it's in the newsoutlets and then the sale goes on. It wouldn't make sense to wait for weeks after the announcement. People will have forgotten by then.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Oh, I definitely agree! That is the reason I am still thinking about getting a ticket for St.Louis even though Christmas is coming up and I should be paying off other things.

15 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Damn, you went in '93? Cool!

Yes, there's some elderly among you young uns....I was at the two deer creek shows in 1991, GnR/Met in 92 at the Hoosier dome and then both Vegas shows and Cincy this year.  Each show is special to me.  It's very difficult to say one is better than the next.   I have friends who couldn't believe I was going to Vegas to see them (originally I was only going to go to night 1), but like most everyone here this band is very special to me and at some point you really can't put a price on what we are fortunate enough to be able to see and witness again.

In 1991 I paid $50 to see two shows.   Tickets for both Vegas shows cost me more than ten times that amount, but for me....it was well worth it.

as another person said you have to prioritize things in your life and if you can make it and you're able to attend a show financially, do it you will not regret it even if it leaves you tight on funds.  Now, don't go spending money on GnR tix instead of feeding your kids or anything stupid like that.  But if you can make it happen, do it....YOLO and this could all be over and done with and you may never have this opportunity again.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, there's some elderly among you young uns....I was at the two deer creek shows in 1991, GnR/Met in 92 at the Hoosier dome and then both Vegas shows and Cincy this year.  Each show is special to me.  It's very difficult to say one is better than the next.   I have friends who couldn't believe I was going to Vegas to see them (originally I was only going to go to night 1), but like most everyone here this band is very special to me and at some point you really can't put a price on what we are fortunate enough to be able to see and witness again.

In 1991 I paid $50 to see two shows.   Tickets for both Vegas shows cost me more than ten times that amount, but for me....it was well worth it.

as another person said you have to prioritize things in your life and if you can make it and you're able to attend a show financially, do it you will not regret it even if it leaves you tight on funds.  Now, don't go spending money on GnR tix instead of feeding your kids or anything stupid like that.  But if you can make it happen, do it....YOLO and this could all be over and done with and you may never have this opportunity again.

Good to see another old timer :lol:

I saw them in 91, 92 & 93. Then 02, 06, 11, 12 & 16. I plan on seeing them next year as well. Like you said, it's down whether the cost of the ticket is offset by the value of the show to you.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good to see another old timer :lol:

I saw them in 91, 92 & 93. Then 02, 06, 11, 12 & 16. I plan on seeing them next year as well. Like you said, it's down whether the cost of the ticket is offset by the value of the show to you.

Everyone listen to Russ....I should have, he kept trying to talk me into going to Chicago night 2 and I kept pushing it off (mainly bc I wanted to save some bills), well he and Alex and others had a great night and I've regretted it ever since.  Moral of the story....I could have gone and eaten ramen instead of steak for a week and didn't.  Mistake, go see this band if you can!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Everyone listen to Russ....I should have, he kept trying to talk me into going to Chicago night 2 and I kept pushing it off (mainly bc I wanted to save some bills), well he and Alex and others had a great night and I've regretted it ever since.  Moral of the story....I could have gone and eaten ramen instead of steak for a week and didn't.  Mistake, go see this band if you can!

Sorry.....I just never get a chance to use this lol

• Like 1

The only show I haven't been able to get into for face value or under the day of in the last few years was Paul McCartney and that's probably because he was playing an arena and hadn't been in Buffalo for a while.   I guess I'm old and an experienced buyer by now but for most of of these shows in the States there will be bargains to be had the day of either from scalpers or when the prices crash on Craigslist . It'd be one thing if these were T-mobile arena sized venues,then I'd probably grab my tickets in advance but for 70,000 seat stadiums , I'll pass and wait til the day of the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

This, these guys are not getting any younger and money is just money... If you can make it happen do it for sure!  I spent too much in the summer myself however These things are memories that will live forever, the look on my 14yr old sons face when guns hit the stage was priceless.  I looked at him and thought this is really something, like looking into a time machine... that was ME when I saw Guns the first time many many years before.  It was great.  The show was epic and we had a lot of fun.  I know it isn't cheap and not something everyone can afford but honestly I have spent more money on a night out doing other things, imo it is $ well spent to see these guys even if you only do one show, fucking do it!

• Like 2

The way I look at it is imagine the money you would have spent seeing them say 15 times between '93-'16 if they hadn't broken up.  Would easily exceed the $300-$400-$500 that one will spend for a show next summer.  We are coming out way ahead here.