Ticket Prices

26 minutes ago, Original said:

The way I look at it is imagine the money you would have spent seeing them say 15 times between '93-'16 if they hadn't broken up.  Would easily exceed the $300-$400-$500 that one will spend for a show next summer.  We are coming out way ahead here. 

When you put it that way....

It is expensive but in the UK the prices are heading that way - driven by the fact people are willing to pay so much for big shows on the secondary market. One way of limiting this fact is to put up prices closer to their market value so to speak.

But it is eyewateringly expensive at £100 for a regular ticket, more for seats, more for golden circle (which I always feel is a bit of a cheat). I've gone for general tickets as I refuse to pay for golden circles and the like (its one thing with seats were there will always be better seats - but unreserved standing? common) If I wasn't a huge Guns fan I certainly would of baulked at the ticket prices - they are about 1/3 too much as far as I can see.

• Like 1

In terms of the Ireland show there's not a huge difference in price between GNR and Iron Maiden - only around 15 euros, in fact. Considering that Iron Maiden are only playing 3Arena, I am surprised their prices are so high - GNR are about where I would expect for a mini-festival.

I always say that money spent is relative. Yes, the tickets are overpriced, but if it's something you can make happen and want to see Guns then it's worth it. Some people out there wouldn't think twice about dropping $2000 on a Disney vacation in the same way that someone here might not think twice about dropping $500 on a ticket. If it's what you enjoy or an experience that means something to you then it's worth it. I'd pay for Guns N' Roses ten times over before I spent a week roasting on some beach resort somewhere because concerts are worth much more to be. I always call it "the vacation fund" and it's what I like to do.

Like @tsinindy said, don't leave the kids starving or anything like that. :lol:

• Like 1

Last time they stopped by (2012) I paid £100 for two good seats (first block, second row from the front), and that was including fees. So yeah, it's quite a price hike. I know Slash and Duff are back, but still! And the timing is rather inconvenient - I have Christmas presents to buy. So, I'm holding out for Manchester. Least that would save me extra travel costs and the cost of a hotel. Risky, of course, as they might not travel up north, but for now I am sitting tight.

5 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Last time they stopped by (2012) I paid £100 for two good seats (first block, second row from the front), and that was including fees. So yeah, it's quite a price hike. I know Slash and Duff are back, but still! And the timing is rather inconvenient - I have Christmas presents to buy. So, I'm holding out for Manchester. Least that would save me extra travel costs and the cost of a hotel. Risky, of course, as they might not travel up north, but for now I am sitting tight.

Uth Matar?

After reading this thread, I'd have to agree with the overall opinion that people have little right to complain about ticket prices now.  The US leg of the tour was announced what?  9 months ago?  People knew what they were selling for in the states...so I don't get people being "surprised" on what they are selling in Europe for.  Seems like Europeans have been flooding this forum for them to announce Europe dates and when they finally do...they complain about the ticket prices and that it's not enough dates.  That's freaking rich. :lol:

And anyone saying they can't afford it now...knowing that they would most likely come to a town near you eventually, especially if you're in Europe, you could have saved 5 pounds a week and had enough money for 2 tickets by now.  

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

In the new Fortus interview he mentions that Live Nation will reserve tickets for band members but won't actually comp them, so if anyone in the band has family coming they too have to shell out the coin themselves. Sorry Meegan and Susan - you've got to pay too. :lol:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, James Bond said:

In the new Fortus interview he mentions that Live Nation will reserve tickets for band members but won't actually comp them, so if anyone in the band has family coming they too have to shell out the coin themselves. Sorry Meegan and Susan - you've got to pay too. :lol:

hahaha somehow i think that won't be a problem :P

• Like 3

On 12/5/2016 at 7:41 AM, AlexC said:

Is anyone else disgusted by the ticket prices? I was looking on ticket master at the London show and the absolute cheapest start at £94. They will undoubtedly sell out first so even when I'm able to afford tickets I'll have to go for the more expensive option. Why release tickets 5 fucking days after you announce them? Especially this close to Christmas when budgets and finances are tight. The way they're conducting themselves in terms of catering for their fans is a disgrace.

Come on those guys were poor as fuck too when they were my age, don't they even slightly care? No wonder the crowds are boring as fuck. 90% stuck up rich people.

So people can get them as Christmas presents

I actually didn't think they were priced that high as far as GA goes considering the demand for this.

As many have said before when tickets are released to the general public all areas will be available for purchase they only hold back some for the presales. Many people have found better seating waiting even, though it's no guarantee.

Do I wish they were cheaper? Yes, but not too out there

I know someone who purchased Justin Beiber tickets for their daughter that were $110 for the cheapest, of course I'd never go see Justin Beiber but there you have it.

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I just checked the NC tickets with the citi presale the cheapest are $65.00 from what I can see. directly behind the Pit cheapest is $250.00 not bad

There's also some in the lawn area right across from the stage for $35 each. They come out to be $52.95 after taxes/fees if you're interested!

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

He must be mistaken somehow or wants to keep people from asking him.

7 hours ago, ags_rule said:

In terms of the Ireland show there's not a huge difference in price between GNR and Iron Maiden - only around 15 euros, in fact. Considering that Iron Maiden are only playing 3Arena, I am surprised their prices are so high - GNR are about where I would expect for a mini-festival.

Imo I would be willing to pay more for a smaller show. 

Meegan and Susan probably count themselves as crew and hang out backstage. No seat/capacity hogging required to take away from paying customers. 

And a comment on the supply/demand thing...Of course GNR/the promoter is going to charge as much as they can for what most are people are willing to pay. It would be stupid of them to not to. If people are willing to pay 200 dollars and they only charge 50 then scalpers will scoop up all the tickets and nearly everyone going to the shows will still be paying 200 dollars for that 50 ticket.

• Like 1

Why does everyone jump in immediately with  the "supply and demand...blah blah...supply and demand..." mantra any time someone brings up prices?

Yes. Supply and demand. Everybody gets the concept. Guess what? The tickets are still too goddamn expensive. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Why does everyone jump in immediately with  the "supply and demand...blah blah...supply and demand..." mantra any time someone brings up prices?

Yes. Supply and demand. Everybody gets the concept. Guess what? The tickets are still too goddamn expensive. 

That may be the case for some yet 40-50,000 people are willing to pay the price.

1 hour ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

People love to complain. I bet half of the people complaining in this thread will be at their local ticketmaster at 8am on Friday buying the ticket lol i know i will be :P

I haven't been to a physica TM ever.  Do they even have stores?   ? 

7 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Apparently you don't....