Ticket Prices

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

@Asia

Since you got tickets and at a better price than expected, is Axl forgiven for all that AC/DC stuff now? :P

Nope, for that he will never be :P But I assume he's not too worried since I bought the ticket :P

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

real conclusion is how much is Axl keeping for himself and how little is the guys who are filling up the stadiums getting.  id say he's keeping 500k-1mil per show and poor duff n slash are getting 100-200k then it fades off quick. Hence why Izzzy said F OFF.  Truth will be by 2018 when all them tax dollars roll out

16 hours ago, gunsguy said:

He must be mistaken somehow or wants to keep people from asking him.

How so? Downzy suggested in the Fortus thread that Live Nation probably decided that since the band is being paid upfront per show that they won't comp tickets since they're the ones at risk for loss. That sounds plausible to me and I don't think Richard meant in general but for this tour in particular.

1 hour ago, PopcornAdler said:

real conclusion is how much is Axl keeping for himself and how little is the guys who are filling up the stadiums getting.  id say he's keeping 500k-1mil per show and poor duff n slash are getting 100-200k then it fades off quick. Hence why Izzzy said F OFF.  Truth will be by 2018 when all them tax dollars roll out

If they making $4 mil a show its $1 mil each for Axl/Slash/Duff and the last mil probably $50-$100K each for Richard, Frank and Dizzy, with Melissa at $20K.  The rest covers expenses and such associated with however many trucks, union stagehands, employees etc.....

30 minutes ago, Original said:

If they making $4 mil a show its $1 mil each for Axl/Slash/Duff and the last mil probably $50-$100K each for Richard, Frank and Dizzy, with Melissa at $20K.  The rest covers expenses and such associated with however many trucks, union stagehands, employees etc.....

Wow you really think Richard, Frank and Dizzy are making $50K PER SHOW?  Melissa at $20K per show?!?!  It would not shock me if Melissa was a salaried performer with some kind of bonus.  Possible that Richard & Frank are still salaried as well. 

37 minutes ago, James Bond said:

How so? Downzy suggested in the Fortus thread that Live Nation probably decided that since the band is being paid upfront per show that they won't comp tickets since they're the ones at risk for loss. That sounds plausible to me and I don't think Richard meant in general but for this tour in particular.

I guess I mean you don't need a ticket with certain passes. 

1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

I guess I mean you don't need a ticket with certain passes. 

Oh definitely - I doubt anyone in the entourage pays. I think Fortus specifically meant any blocks of actual seating tickets that get reserved for friends/family in any given city have to be paid for by the band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

Wow you really think Richard, Frank and Dizzy are making $50K PER SHOW?  Melissa at $20K per show?!?!  It would not shock me if Melissa was a salaried performer with some kind of bonus.  Possible that Richard & Frank are still salaried as well. 

I have no idea...just guessing how that pot gets divvied up...  Maybe Richard et al are just salaried employees.  You might be right. 

On 6.12.2016 at 5:23 AM, AlexC said:

Guys. You all keep telling me why the prices are so high. I already know why, because they can. That's not what my post was about. I'm expressing my annoyance at the prices and was encouraging a discussion of whether or not the high cost has effected any of you as well, along with the iconsiderate 5 day warning of when they're going on sale, especially given the time of year.

Yes. It does. I'm not going to see as many shows as I otherwise would have. I'm not going to the closest show to where I live, because I refuse to pay 210 € for a fucking standing ticket, while they also sell early entry tickets for 450 €, which means that don't have a shot at getting to the front row.

On 6.12.2016 at 5:24 AM, tsinindy said:

sorry, but that's life...why are you so fucking entitled?  I know that sounds harsh, but that's how you come off man, I'm really not trying to offend you here.  

Why? Because without us, there is no show. We, the fans make it all possible. And yet we are being taken advantage off and bled dry. And it's especially inconsiderate to the people who stuck with them through all the years. The people, who didn't check out in '93 or '96, but continued to attend and buy whatever they did the past 20 years. I say fuck those, that left in '93 and now suddenly are back because, the "big" 3 are back together. Where were they? It's people like them, who also make it possible that they can get away with those outragous ticket prices.

On 6.12.2016 at 6:18 AM, Mendez said:

I always thought the high ticket prices are a result of playing in a stadium. Like maybe there was some sort of "booking fee" to book the stadium. 

Yes. There is a booking fee, but it is also 3 times as much people. So really. Tickets should be cheaper, if anything.

On 6.12.2016 at 2:36 PM, tsinindy said:

Now, don't go spending money on GnR tix instead of feeding your kids or anything stupid like that.

Yes. But it shouldn't be a choice between feeding your kids or going to a rock show. That's the whole point. Both should be possible.

• Like 1

On 6.12.2016 at 4:19 PM, Original said:

The way I look at it is imagine the money you would have spent seeing them say 15 times between '93-'16 if they hadn't broken up.  Would easily exceed the $300-$400-$500 that one will spend for a show next summer.  We are coming out way ahead here. 

Well, some of us did see Axl, Duff and Slash 15 times between '93-'16. ;-)

17 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. But it shouldn't be a choice between feeding your kids or going to a rock show. That's the whole point. Both should be possible.

That is true but in my mind, I am not going to tell you how to budget but you have had a long time to save up for this knowing it was coming.  That is not to say it is affordable for everyone, it never truly is though, GN'R is not cheap entertainment.  The prices are on par with most stadium shows that I have seen.  I have spent money on less exciting things before

• Like 1

We all have to decide if it is worth paying.  That is how this works, if it is worth it pay it, if you don't feel it is either sit in cheaper seats or don't go.  I can't find one person that can tell me what price they should be charging... because that will change with everyone's opinion

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why? Because without us, there is no show. We, the fans make it all possible. And yet we are being taken advantage off and bled dry. And it's especially inconsiderate to the people who stuck with them through all the years. The people, who didn't check out in '93 or '96, but continued to attend and buy whatever they did the past 20 years. I say fuck those, that left in '93 and now suddenly are back because, the "big" 3 are back together. Where were they? It's people like them, who also make it possible that they can get away with those outragous ticket prices.

Look big dog, I'm not questioning anyone's fandom....apparently you are.   Have a good day :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Look big dog, I'm not questioning anyone's fandom....apparently you are.   Have a good day :)

Hmm. Touched a nerve there? Only you know wether I'm talking about you, but I'm surely talking about the majority of the 2 mio. people, who bought tickets so far.

18 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Hmm. Touched a nerve there? Only you know wether I'm talking about you, but I'm surely talking about the majority of the 2 mio. people, who bought tickets so far.

I really can't say what I want to say nicely, so I'll just let it go politely.  Have a good day.  

Edited by tsinindy