Ticket Prices

29 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Is that right? There aren't seats at less than £100?

From what I saw. Also, I couldn't seem to find any lower tier without the VIP package. So anything below £200 and you're getting shit seats.

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Ya think? No other US shows sold out until maybe a couple weeks (or even days) before the show, I don't believe. Seems like if it was that much of a hot bed they'd have hit that first time around? But I don't live there, so will defer to your opinion. I'll be curious to see if that is the case...

Maybe not literally an hour, but it'll sell out.  Metallica were gone in literally 10 minutes "Most of the 46,000 tickets sold out to the public in about 10 minutes".  http://www.startribune.com/guns-n-roses-reward-fans-patience-with-july-30-date-at-u-s-bank-stadium/404750836/

So I'd imagine Guns will go fast.  Local radio seems to think so too. 

Yes the prices are insane, but so are ACDC , iron maiden , black sabbath ... I wouldn't pay 90 euro to see any of those bands but this is a reuniting guns n roses i would have paid 150 if thats what it cost. I paid 70 to see Axl and nu guns in 2012 and it was the best gig ive ever seen so i don't see an extra 20 to see Axl Slash and Duff that outrageous, in fact its a bargain! 

And how can people complain when these rumours have been going on for months, if you're that big a fan you could have saved 10 or 20 pound/euro a week knowing an announcement was coming around Christmas time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

you could have saved 10 or 20 pound/euro a week knowing an announcement was coming around Christmas time.  

Exactly what I have been doing since the reunion was announced.  And it's more than paying for Gold Circle, hotel, trains and beer!!

8 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Not sure why people are complaining.  My first thought is that a lot of the better seats are actually less expensive than they were in the NA leg of the tour.  You couldn't get on the floor in the US for less than $300 in most venues and if you bought your tickets 2nd hand, you were looking at double that price.

So 90 to 150 pounds seems like a good deal, imo

Exactly. My seat in SF cost $230. Field and pit were $$$!

12 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

don't bitch about this now, this has been the method of selling tickets for GnR since basically 2006, not their fault that theres huge demand again, what made you think this batch of tickets would be different from the start of the NITL tour? they're not a club band anymore, they're a legacy act that makes more money than 3rd world countries.

Well. Actually they only do this since the reunion, which makes it even more disgusting and really puts a damper on this "reunion" tour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'm not trying to justify the absurd prices but I mean, why did anybody expect the 2017 legs to be any different? We've all discussed the prices to death throughout 2016 and it's not going to suddenly change. They know idiots like me will keep paying for them!

Melissa Reese ain' cheap, and she ain't working for anything less than those American petro-dollars!!!

The Frank Richard Reese WORLD TOUR Starts NOW!*

*With special musical guests Axl Rose, Slash and Duff!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlexC said:

Is anyone else disgusted by the ticket prices? I was looking on ticket master at the London show and the absolute cheapest start at £94. They will undoubtedly sell out first so even when I'm able to afford tickets I'll have to go for the more expensive option. Why release tickets 5 fucking days after you announce them? Especially this close to Christmas when budgets and finances are tight. The way they're conducting themselves in terms of catering for their fans is a disgrace.

Come on those guys were poor as fuck too when they were my age, don't they even slightly care? No wonder the crowds are boring as fuck. 90% stuck up rich people.

Personally I I agree with you completely. The prices suck. Unfortunately, it's just basic supply and demand.

The prices to go haven't really changed either, they've been ridiculous since this tour started minus the troubadour show :P but look at the attendance numbers.. if people will pay that much for it and will put that kind of money in your pocket, why not charge them that? 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Personally I I agree with you completely. The prices suck. Unfortunately, it's just basic supply and demand.

The prices to go haven't really changed either, they've been ridiculous since this tour started minus the troubadour show :P but look at the attendance numbers.. if people will pay that much for it and will put that kind of money in your pocket, why not charge them that? 

Because it's greedy and unreasonable.

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

That is your opinion however as others pointed out it is supply and demand... If the stadiums were all half empty they would rethink prices, since they are full then people are willing to pay for it. 

It sucks for those who can't I agree

Just now, Billsfan said:

Probably but, if the roles were reversed and you could make that kind of money being in their shoes, I'd bet you'd be willing to do the same thing too

But I'm not. I'm just a fan who might not be able enjoy my favourite band on their biggest tour due to their high ticket prices and inconsiderate timing.

• Like 1

For me, the problem isn't the stadium shows, where you can choose to buy a 300$ ticket or a 30$ ticket depending on the seat. At least there's another option if you can't afford the best tickets!

but montreal, man...lowest ticket price available is 158$ before handling fees! And it's an outdoor venue, no seats, everyone standing on a flat terrain...ridiculous! I'd have been perfectly happy with a nosebleed low visibility 30-60$ stadium seat! Yes yes I understand supply and demand bla bla bla, it's still pricey af.

1 minute ago, qwerty123 said:

For me, the problem isn't the stadium shows, where you can choose to buy a 300$ ticket or a 30$ ticket depending on the seat. At least there's another option if you can't afford the best tickets!

but montreal, man...lowest ticket price available is 158$ before handling fees! And it's an outdoor venue, no seats, everyone standing on a flat terrain...ridiculous! I'd have been perfectly happy with a nosebleed low visibility 30-60$ stadium seat! Yes yes I understand supply and demand bla bla bla, it's still pricey af.

I was wondering why they didn't play Olympic Stadium?

Guys. You all keep telling me why the prices are so high. I already know why, because they can. That's not what my post was about. I'm expressing my annoyance at the prices and was encouraging a discussion of whether or not the high cost has effected any of you as well, along with the iconsiderate 5 day warning of when they're going on sale, especially given the time of year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexC said:

It is obviously not unreasonable if people are willing to pay it....is it greedy?  Sure, don't disagree with you there, but hard to say it is unreasonable when people fill the stadiums.  

9 minutes ago, AlexC said:

But I'm not. I'm just a fan who might not be able enjoy my favourite band on their biggest tour due to their high ticket prices and inconsiderate timing.

sorry, but that's life...why are you so fucking entitled?  I know that sounds harsh, but that's how you come off man, I'm really not trying to offend you here.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It is obviously not unreasonable if people are willing to pay it....is it greedy?  Sure, don't disagree with you there, but hard to say it is unreasonable when people fill the stadiums.  

Announcing only one UK show and then putting it on sale only 5 days later with the lowest price at £94 before fees for nosebleeds during the Christmas period is highly unreasonable.

Edited by AlexC

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I was wondering why they didn't play Olympic Stadium?

It might be because they have a lifetime ban from the Olympic stadium because of the riot in '92. I was still expecting them to play at the bell centre or even saputo stadium...literally 1 guns n roses concert is the same price as heavy mtl which is a whole weekend festival at the same exact venue that has included bands like Metallica and system of a down. To me, guns are worth more than all other rock bands combined, but imo it's still not right...

Just now, qwerty123 said:

It might be because they have a lifetime ban from the Olympic stadium because of the riot in '92. I was still expecting them to play at the bell centre or even saputo stadium...literally 1 guns n roses concert is the same price as heavy mtl which is a whole weekend festival at the same exact venue that has included bands like Metallica and system of a down. To me, guns are worth more than all other rock bands combined, but imo it's still not right...

Totally forgot that was at Olympic Stadium lol, you think that would be lifted by now though? Guns is playing in St Louis.

I don't think they are playing at the actual Heavy MTL though, it's just sponsored by them.

I heard Heavy MTL might be cancelled.

Yup heavymtl is having issues

9 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Announcing only one UK show and then putting it on sale only 5 days later with the lowest price at £94 before fees for nosebleeds during the Christmas period is highly unreasonable.

Makes a great Christmas present!