Ticket Prices

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

So yeah, after all my bitching I caved and got London tickets anyway. I'M A HYPOCRITE AND I DON'T CARE. WELCOME TO THE FUCKIN' JUNGLE BABAYYYY!!!

I'm a victim of consumerism...

I don't know if consumerism means spending money you earn on things you truly enjoy, rather than buying material things just for the sake of buying things.. you're all good!

Anyways at least for Sweden I found the prices very affordable. It seems prices here were the lowest, which is perplexing considering price levels are generally very high compared to most of Europe AND the show sold out in minutes, so there is no doubt they could've charged twice as much... 

I want floor too and I don't know if this is everywhere or just in San Antonio... but floor seats rows 20 and up are around $250 which is ok but any rows 1 though 20 on the floor behind the pit are like $550 to $750, mainly VIP. Does this sound about right and what you all are seeing? 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:29 AM, Lio said:

Everyone must decide for themselves what they can or will afford. I know it's a lot of money, but many spend much more on iPhones, video games, clothing etc. Some people need to learn how to prioritise. You can't have everything. I agree it cost much less back in the day, but even then, I had to save up for it. It was a lot back then too. Plus, we had to buy cd's! :lol: Buying AFD, Lies, UYI 1 and 2 cost me 80 EUR. And that's 25 years ago. I don't even want to know how much that is worth today, with inflation. Now music's for free. TBH, GNR hasn't cost me all that much in the past 25 years.

As for the timing, that seems a lousy argument. There have been rumours for months and months about touring Europe. It's been almost a year, I think, since the reunion was announced. You could start hoping for a European tour since then, and start saving.

Again, I realise not everyone can afford it, and that's a pity, but I think the prices are as was to be expected.

Spot on in my opinion. I have coworkers who bust my balls about how much I spend on concerts, but when I put it in the context of 1) I can afford it and 2) it's one of a small number of things I consider a hobby, people seem to get it. I have friends who spend what seems like a decent amount of cash on clothes or shoes or eating out often, because that's what they like. 

Clearly supply and demand dictates how much any band any band can charge, and at this point the demand matches or exceeds the supply at the current price point. 

Look at what sports teams charge for Tickets, for something that you can attend somewhere between 8 and 90 times per year for a given team, as compared to the average big name band who comes through town every couple years on average, and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad. 

49 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I want floor too and I don't know if this is everywhere or just in San Antonio... but floor seats rows 20 and up are around $250 which is ok but any rows 1 though 20 on the floor behind the pit are like $550 to $750, mainly VIP. Does this sound about right and what you all are seeing? 

They are $250 without the VIP...I just pulled up A2 row 15 for $250 on the presale

for El Paso I pulled up A1 seating and tickets were only $191 for row 11 

Edited by IncitingChaos

24 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They are $250 without the VIP...I just pulled up A2 row 15 for $250 on the presale

for El Paso I pulled up A1 seating and tickets were only $191 for row 11 

Right....live nation presale no nighttrain that I pulled up was all rows 20 and up $250. Anything lower near the stage by the pit that I saw way more. I wonder how you pulled up better seats. Huh.

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Right....live nation presale no nighttrain that I pulled up was all rows 20 and up $250. Anything lower near the stage by the pit that I saw way more. I wonder how you pulled up better seats. Huh.

I only asked for 1 seat on the Nightrain presale and it brought those up for me. But yea shouldn't be more than $250 unless you are getting the VIP tickets 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I only asked for 1 seat on the Nightrain presale and it brought those up for me. But yea shouldn't be more than $250 unless you are getting the VIP tickets 

And thats the thing.... like rows 1 thru 20 were all like VIP. Really? Is that standard? I want to be on the floor right behind the pit but not for VIP prices. 

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

And thats the thing.... like rows 1 thru 20 were all like VIP. Really? Is that standard? I want to be on the floor right behind the pit but not for VIP prices. 

Yes that is somewhat standard.   Use code 412800 for the citi presale and see what you can pull up. Once the general all sale begins, you'll be able to purchase seats almlst anywhere....but they do hold some close ones back for VIP packages.  Eventually the ones that don't sell get released.

also, I keep telling ya...just get pit, trust me :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes that is somewhat standard.   Use code 412800 for the citi presale and see what you can pull up. Once the general all sale begins, you'll be able to purchase seats almlst anywhere....but they do hold some close ones back for VIP packages.  Eventually the ones that don't sell get released.

also, I keep telling ya...just get pit, trust me :)

Inching my way there lol! I figure this time I will get floor, be closer, more comfortable and see what it's like being closer and next time pit! :D

I booked flights for London but I wasn't able to buy tickets for the show yesterday on general sale. There were just some tickets on resale and prices were way to high.  

So I bought tickets and booked flights for Munich.

After I booked Munich I saw the second London show was added :lol:

Today I saw there are tickets available  for London's first night on Live Nation...

Well, I still got the flights for London and if I can find some tickets the next month for regular prices somewhere, I'll get them.

I learned my lesson last year.  StubHub it will be.  2 days before the show.  Not paying $250 when people were paying literally half that for the same tickets. Of course I'm talking about the US dates, so it's a little differe because not only did it happen in this lifetime, this will be twice in this lifetime. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GnRDuff1 said:

I learned my lesson last year.  StubHub it will be.  2 days before the show.  Not paying $250 when people were paying literally half that for the same tickets. Of course I'm talking about the US dates, so it's a little differe because not only did it happen in this lifetime, this will be twice in this lifetime. 

I hear yeah.. I paid $308 for my tickets while I saw some in the same section for $75 a few days before my show. My other friends all paid $100 - $120 to be upfront..  But I do want to catch a show. Just have to wait and see.