05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

46 minutes ago, blackmore said:

Please change the fuckin' setlist for the start of the European leg.

Sorry. Gonna go out on a limb and say there's no chance they'll be doing that. Don't think we'll get much on the way of surprises set wise. But! Last time they kicked off a euro tour on Ireland they played TWAT so you never can tell. I just don't think they'll be doing any major overhaul even though they should. Flip the set, or open with jungle or nightrain OR pretty tied up (top choice) :headbang:

• Like 1

I have stopped looking at the seylist about 6 months ago, its like watching a trailer for a new film, i dont want to know whats coming next, i want a little bit of a surprise when im there. 

I do Know that they do Dont Cry & Patience on alternate nights, so i really hope we get patience. 

I would love to hear them player VR Slither....its on the setlist as an alternate song? a man can dream. 

Anyone know what time they come on stage for on the european leg? Dont reply the BS lyrics?:axl92:

Edited by Jaygnr

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry. Gonna go out on a limb and say there's no chance they'll be doing that. Don't think we'll get much on the way of surprises set wise. But! Last time they kicked off a euro tour on Ireland they played TWAT so you never can tell. I just don't think they'll be doing any major overhaul even though they should. Flip the set, or open with jungle or nightrain OR pretty tied up (top choice) :headbang:

I'd like them to add Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive and Breakdown. That's all I ask for. And throw out Better. Man, how I hate that song live. The studio version is okay. :P

13 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

I would love to hear them player VR Slither....its on the setlist as an alternate song? a man can dream. 

Not anymore, dude. It's been thrown out.

Edited by blackmore

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably the same time as the rest of the tour 9:15/9:30 (ish) but you never know, they've come on really early and they've come on half an hour or more after the advertised showtime. Depends on the kings mood, I suppose.

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably the same time as the rest of the tour 9:15/9:30 (ish) but you never know, they've come on really early and they've come on half an hour or more after the advertised showtime. Depends on the kings mood, I suppose.

On Ticketmaster the start time says 2pm. Maybe the openers get really long sets lol. 

I did notice in photos of the foo fighters show at slane they seemed to be playing in daylight- maybe there's a curfew?

1 hour ago, goneshootin said:

On Ticketmaster the start time says 2pm. Maybe the openers get really long sets lol. 

I did notice in photos of the foo fighters show at slane they seemed to be playing in daylight- maybe there's a curfew?

Curfew will be about 10.30 - 11. It will be bright when they come on stage and will probably be fading daylight for most of the show especially if its a sunny day. Probably be on stage at 8pm

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else read this information posted by Slane Castle?  http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

I find it odd that you're not allowed to queue and should time the arrival to 2pm. Someone have to get in first and someone last, so there will be a queue somehow anyway. Or did I misunderstand it? 

I'm planning on queuing, so will be there before 2pm anyway for sure. 

14 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Did anyone else read this information posted by Slane Castle?  http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

I find it odd that you're not allowed to queue and should time the arrival to 2pm. Someone have to get in first and someone last, so there will be a queue somehow anyway. Or did I misunderstand it? 

I'm planning on queuing, so will be there before 2pm anyway for sure. 

Kinda bummed that light sabers is a prohibited item. I guess I'll need to leave that at home along with the fireworks and camping equipment that I usually bring to concerts. 

• Like 3

Hi everybody, just a few questions as we are first timers at an open air concert so be gentle lol, got bought the tickets for xmas and the wife and myself are really looking forward to the show, firstly what would be useful to take in with us on the day, i read somewhere that even a small backpack isnt allowed so is there anything at all we can take in, we are staying nearby on the night of the show and intend to be in slane early, im assuming the bars will be open before the concert ?

Edited by hargun55

You pretty much can't bring anything except your phone etc. I brought an umbrella In 2013 and they took it off me and of course it started pissing rain 5 minutes later. There will be food and beer stalls open from the beginning but expect to pay a premium for a shitty hamburger and a mouldy watery pint as is the norm for these kinds of shows. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, hargun55 said:

who said it was ?

On 5/7/2017 at 5:55 PM, Kearnsy said:

Guns n roses  tour page

And their social pages. Even the thread title has it wrong, there's more to Ireland than just Dublin.

But enough of me being pedantic.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jackrory344 said:

Hi 

long, long time lurker. Where's the best place to pick up a ticket for the Slane show. I need a ticket for a friend who wants to come. Prefer to pay face value and not to be ripped off :) best sites to purchase from? 

Thanks!

You can buy gold on Ticketmaster.ie still

Just now, jackrory344 said:

Yeah thanks, I'm after a regular ticket though 

Most likely will be more released between now and show day so keep checking back each day on Ticketmaster.

I think they will be very cheap on the secondary sites like Seatwave and Viagogo the few days before the show, prices have been decreasing steadily for a long time now on those sites