05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

21 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

My guess is that BHS will be the instrumental replacing Wish You Were Here.

Yeah that seems likely.

I'd like it to be an intro to KOHD. That would be a cool sentimental tribute.

(Obviously first choice would be the entire song with vocals.)

Edited by AlexC

18 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

My guess is that BHS will be the instrumental replacing Wish You Were Here.

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good guess. I'm with you on this. 

Why would the entire band rehearse the song 5 times with Axl last night (as reported by users here and on twitter), if that was the case?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Why would the entire band rehearse the song 5 times with Axl last night (as reported by users here and on twitter), if that was the case?

We haven't heard/seen any footage of it though, you'd think if it was true someone would've recorded at least a segment of it. It's a pretty big deal and if they did indeed play it 5 times it's even more odd that there's no footage.

Just now, AlexC said:

We haven't heard/seen any footage of it though, you'd think if it was true someone would've recorded at least a segment of it. It's a pretty big deal and if they did indeed play it 5 times it's even more odd that there's no footage.

I asked some dude on twitter who was there. He confirmed they played it three times.

Just now, Jeez said:

I believe at Coachella Axl said they were planning on doing a Prince song as a tribute, but didn't have time to rehearse or do it justice. I think it's likely they will play BSH properly.

Yeah I was thinking about that, I really hope they do but if this past week has taught us anything, it's don't ever get your hopes up haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

I asked some dude on twitter who was there. He confirmed they played it three times.

So he was active on twitter, heard it 3 times (contrary to the 5 that was previously reported) yet didn't record even 10 seconds of it? That's weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Did any audio of Axl singing it surface? If not, I'd remain highly skeptical, honestly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Did any audio of Axl singing it surface? If not, I'd remain highly skeptical, honestly 

I'm skeptical too. But honestly, if I wasn't on this forum it probably wouldn't have crossed my mind to record it either if I had heard it miles away during a soundcheck.