05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

5 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

I think the switch up will come when they go back for NA arena's & then come back to Europe for the festivals next year.  At the end of the day it is the same tour, Europe hasn't had the show so not sure why it would change just yet.  When they go back to NY etc you would expect there would definitely be a shake up but I don't understand why there would be for this leg. 

This what I am thinking now yes. GnR will probably be toying with a second leg in Europe next year. Hope tickets will be cheaper.

3 minutes ago, diablo9333 said:

Lars Ulrich...

You're a bit slow. That was my point. I'm telling him that he can't assume setlists because of a single previous setlist, and call it "a tradition." 

I don't agree with his point, but it atleast is somewhat grounded in reality because they did actually play it, and also soundchecked it for today, and are probably gonna play it for the first time this show since a whole bunch of shows where they skipped it. Your comparison would only be logical if they actually did play Dead Horse last year. You don't see that, but insult other peoples intelligence? :lol:

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

There Was A Time is a special song, loaded with special meaning to Axl. So I'd not be shocked if the band perform this song tonight in Dublin. Because of 2012 and 2010. That's all. I'm not pushing thing very far, and you clearly seem to believe that I am wrong but your arguments don't even make sense.

They make a lot of sense. I'll walk you through them, and if you still don't get them, I'll give up. 

Here was my point: "There Was A Time" was played at rehearsal. However, rehearsal songs aren't always played on the same night. We've seen this with other shows on the tour, where a song is rehearsed, and then played later. Or sometimes, not at all. Examples of songs not played include "Oh My God" (with previous lineups), "Perfect Crime" (both with previous lineups and recently), and more recently "Slither." 

You're stating that they will play it because of "tradition." I don't believe there is a tradition. It was played ONCE in 2012. Not in 2010. Not in 2006. By definition, a "tradition" must be done more than once. Otherwise, it's not a "tradition." 

Your response was that they'd play it because they played it in 2012. Because...apparently they purposely play songs they already did?? I'm not entirely sure where you're getting at. In any case, I gave the example of "Dead Horse" in Argentina, to show that it doesn't work that way. 

They might play it, because they rehearsed it, and have already played it during this tour. But I don't believe the motivation is "Dublin tradition"...when there isn't one. 

Those are my points. I don't understand why you're overcomplicating something so simple, and turning it into an argument. 

1 minute ago, Manfisman said:

What was he saying before that? I couldn't quite understand

I didn't catch all of it myself, but he gave a shoutout to Lord Henry, who organizes the rock concerts in Slane. He probably made a joke about him or about himself haha. 

2 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

What was he saying before that? I couldn't quite understand

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't agree with his point, but it atleast is somewhat grounded in reality because they did actually play it, and also soundchecked it for today, and are probably gonna play it for the first time this show since a whole bunch of shows where they skipped it. Your comparison would only be logical if they actually did play Dead Horse last year. You don't see that, but insult other peoples intelligence? :lol:

My comparison only works because they didn't play it! It was a sarcastic remark! I'm stating that "Dead Horse" wasn't played, and therefore, you can't make predictions based on a single setlist. How is it that hard to understand??? That's why I insulted your intelligence. 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do the people having arguments for stupid little things in this thread realize how DUMB they look while doing it? :facepalm::facepalm:

I told him I didn't want an argument. I was simply stating a point. My initial reply wasn't argumentative in nature. Then he decided to be an asshole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

So setlist after Nov Rain - is any of this correct?

Nightrain

Only Women Bleed

?

Paradise City

November Rain

Knockin' on Heaven's Door (with "Only Women Bleed" intro)

Nightrain

Stream died after that.

• Like 1