05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

57 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

The same setlist... except of BHS, that's fucking great. 

Well, often if they play something special, they skip some other song, like Coma or Out Ta Get Me. But this time they didn't. They played Black Hole Sun AND Coma AND OTGM. So it was a fucking great setlist. Plus they played There Was A Time too. This just might have been my favorite setlist of the whole NITL-tour.

• Like 3

Maybe they should've left Black Hole Sun until a few shows in. You could hear on sections of the verses where he was going for the rasp sound but it just wasn't there and as a result it made him sound off key. This is gonna get heavy media attention so I hope they don't rip him to shreds and scare him away from playing it again haha.

It wasn't actually too bad I just think he is capable of really nailing it. Hopefully they play it in London. Axl will be on top form by then.

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Maybe they should've left Black Hole Sun until a few shows in. You could hear on sections of the verses where he was going for the rasp sound but it just wasn't there and as a result it made him sound off key. This is gonna get heavy media attention so I hope they don't rip him to shreds and scare him away from playing it again haha.

It wasn't actually too bad I just think he is capable of really nailing it. Hopefully they play it in London. Axl will be on top form by then.

I'm not convinced by 1:1 covers like this. Live and let die, the Godfather theme and Kohd are covers that GnR interpreted in their own style. 

Since they are not attempting to record new material, it would be totally fine if Axl would cover Slash songs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlexC said:

It was cool when Axl introduced Slash he said "Your friend and my friend."

It's still crazy to think that they actually get along haha. Good to hear.

Friends that do not share moments like duff and slash ... I bet they love each other only by phone conversations ...Haaaaaaa

1 minute ago, Amir said:

I'M WITH POWERAGE AFTER SEEING MAIDEN IN LONDON TONIGHT AND IT WAS A GREAT SHOW BUT  FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK GNR PLAYED TWAT AND I WASN'T THERE AND I'M SO UPSET AND ANGRY AND ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH 

Don't forget I've seen it three times ;)