05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

Blackhole Sun was a really cool surprise. I'd love it if they kept it as a regular and got rid of one of the other tribute songs in the regular setlist instead. Axl killed it. I actually didn't expect them to cover any of Chris's stuff and only thought Axl would just make a brief mention of him at some point throughout the show and that would be it. But, again, that was a really cool surprise. It'd also be really cool if they ever did a cover of "Promise" from Slash's album with Axl on vocals. 

• Like 2

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

That opening scream on WTTJ was pretty good, maybe one of the best of the tour so far. He's been doing a shorter one but this was fairly long which is nice.

Pity they stuffed it in the last breakdown they do it a bit

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

There Was A Time and Coma are both in the same setlist and some “fans“ are still calling it boring <_<

It's unbelievable. Bunch of arsewipes. I can't wait until they throw a collective fit when the next albums have loads of Chinese-era stuff on them and their favourite old songs get swapped out for them. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

I'm going tonight.... what was Maiden like? have they finally busted out run to the hills in this current set?

It was a great show, as always. And no, no RTTH - Maiden don't change up their setlists mid-tour at all. 

• Like 1

On 28.5.2017 at 0:11 PM, Oldest Goat said:

That's some nice whistlin', boy.

Wonferful performance of Patience, they should always do it acoustically.

Just to play devil's advocate here, not that I've actually heard this performance yet. Personally I hope one day Axl will see the light and reconnect with real dolphins personified aka the half deaf master with custom ear aid mini jubilee amps from the future.

Sorum and Slash on Patience for the first half, then Adler's mom comes over with a shotgun and Adler is beating the shit out of both Frank and Matt just before the solo kicks in and then and only then, they should do it all acoustically and like... barebacked as you say.

Slash perfected the Patience solo three times. One in the studio version, one on the couch in like 1993 or some other hell hole, and the electric version in Oklahoma of course everybody knows that but goats. Even the more experienced ones with brutally bright voodoo powers from a place that even Satan himself rubs some lotion on his penis.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Absolutely incredible gig. Something I never thought I would see. Slash brings out the best in Axl and vice versa. Highlights for me were Coma, Estranged, Jungle, LALD and Sweet Child.

So many casuals in the crowd though who just knew the big hits. Chinese Democracy stuff went down like a fart in an elevator. Had a bunch of posing asswipes in front of me who during fucking Estranged decided they wanted to take selfies and group photos. Estranged is being played for fucks sake! People constantly moving back and forth probably to get other beers. And Slane was an absolute nightmare to get home from. 

I would never do Slane for any band again other than GNR. That says something about how good GNR were and how badly Slane is organised.

Oh and in terms of support acts, Mark Lanegan is the worst I have ever seen. Miserable bastard who looked like he'd rather be sunning it up in California than on stage opening for GNR.

• Like 3