05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seemed like such an odd venue for a show.. I can't imagine the sound being very good at all...  The crowd seemed so disconnected. I believe you will get a better experience in Madrid.

Some of Europe's biggest shows are at Slane. Its a legendary venue and where I was standing there were no sound issies at all. Would have hated being at the back though. We walked up to the exit during the encore to beat the walking Dead on yhe way oit and it was bad up there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Axl was right in front of us singing "old at heart, but I'm only 28" and then did this :lol: 

You captured that moment!! I was at the railing, right in front of Axl when he did that, it was so funny... Thank you so much for that pic.

Awesome review too. 

3 minutes ago, money honey said:

You captured that moment!! I was at the railing, right in front of Axl when he did that, it was so funny... Thank you so much for that pic.

Awesome review too. 

By any chance were you covered in GNR gear? I remember seeing a group right on the railing that looked like they raided the fan club before they got there :lol:

That pic actually isn't mine but I saw it when I was going through the thread and knew instantly that's when it was from haha.

Edited by MrSoftie

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

There was a moment where Axl was right in front of us singing "old at heart, but I'm only 28" and then did this :lol:

Won't be long before he can change the lyrics to old at heart, but I'm only 58.

20 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

....surely they won't split golden circle for London?

You see there was nothing like this back in the day it was £18.50 for Wembley back in 1991 you just sat or stood were you could  there's no way i could justify paying a £1,000 just to be a bit nearer to the stage. First time i saw them it was £5 a ticket & £5 for the AFD t shirt

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

No cos it wasn't it was only a flare like you see at sports games. 

The UK law regarding these objects never mind the country being on high alert

It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, 
smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison,

3 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, 
smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison,

Might wanna read up on your geography too. Slane isn't in the UK

My football team is though and there are usually flares at big games 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

21 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

By any chance were you covered in GNR gear? I remember seeing a group right on the railing that looked like they raided the fan club before they got there :lol:

That pic actually isn't mine but I saw it when I was going through the thread and knew instantly that's when it was from haha.

Just a GNR baseball cap, my OH had a hoodie. We were beside a guy who had a Looney Tunes baseball cap and the guys with the banner over the railing were on the other side of us. Where were you?

3 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Might wanna read up on your geography too. Slane isn't in the UK

Come on now your just being awkward from what ive been reading on here considering there's a high alert after Mondays attack security wasn't as tight as it should have been. How do we know that wasn't a trial run to see if they could get anything in . It only takes one to get through thankfully it washt last night but as i said before this should beva cause for concern & the head ofcsecurity needs to be asking questions.

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

You see there was nothing like this back in the day it was £18.50 for Wembley back in 1991 you just sat or stood were you could  there's no way i could justify paying a £1,000 just to be a bit nearer to the stage. First time i saw them it was £5 a ticket & £5 for the AFD t shirt

What year are we talking for £5 a tix

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seemed like such an odd venue for a show.. I can't imagine the sound being very good at all...  The crowd seemed so disconnected. I believe you will get a better experience in Madrid.

Exactly that, I'd estimate 20000+ had terrible sound, a lot of my friends said they had to move because the sound was so bad. They should limit to about 60000 and close off the hill as much As possible. Looks great in pictures but besides that, it"s poor venue. Having g said that where I was standing I got a fairly good mix. 

Looking forward to Madrid now though, hopefully Axl will be a bit more on form too. He was grand but he didn't have much power last night spare a few moments in heaven's door and nightrain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFD5 said:

Also Slane is NOT a football ground & 3 months so do 6wks doubt anyone will worry too much on that tbh Also as already said its NOT the UK either mate Its Ireland may as well say London & Paris

Just saying

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1

I really hate the idea of having to pay extra to get closer to the stage. It used to be a place for hardcore fans who got there early, and stood in line for hours before the doors opened. It was part of the experience. People where having a blast even before the doors opened and you met other fans. Now it's basically a place for people with who can afford it, fans or not. I truly hate the whole concept of a golden circle etc, but I do understand why they do it $.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, money honey said:

Just a GNR baseball cap, my OH had a hoodie. We were beside a guy who had a Looney Tunes baseball cap and the guys with the banner over the railing were on the other side of us. Where were you?

Ahh I think I remember the looney tunes cap, I would have been a good 10 foot behind you I guess lol.

Any idea what Axl pointed and laughed at?

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Hate to quote myself but Chinese Democracy is one of my favorites in the set. I never thought I'd say that before 2016 but I love the tempo, Axl is into it, and Slash goes all in on it. High energy and fits in great to the set Imo 

and how crazy is it that we have an image @10 seconds in of Slash and Axl standing side by side playing a CD song 

Had the crowd going, even though they didn't know it. Good live song. The others were hit and miss. Til always gets a reaction because of Axl sustaining those long notes and it's big solo. Better was grand but it was mainly the breakdown that got people moving. Twat was a complete miss, shouldn't be in a set for a crowd that big. 

11 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I really hate the idea of having to pay extra to get closer to the stage. It used to be a place for hardcore fans who got there early, and stood in line for hours before the doors opened. It was part of the experience. People where having a blast even before the doors opened and you met other fans. Now it's basically a place for people with who can afford it, fans or not. I truly hate the whole concept of a golden circle etc, but I do understand why they do it $.

I agree. Last year, with Axl/DC, we were there early and we saw the pit. I was a bit pissed off thinking we would have to be behind it, even being so early, and not remembering there being two prices. We walked around and we could just get into the pit, got a bracelet, and they just let in the first few thousands of people. That was a nice surprise. We could get out again to get drinks and walk around, and just get back in before the show started.

7 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I have to say security was alarmingly bad. I had a backpack with me that I was keeping my hoodie and headphones in, the security guy hmmd and hahd about whether he could let me in with it. I told him what I had and that I had no problem ditching the bag if need be and wearing my headphones round my neck but the thing is he didnt look inside the bag or squeeze it even. I could have had anything and my fainceé had a big bag too and we were both admitted with them and saw plenty in there too. Other than that I had to put my phone, vape and coins in a wee plastic bag for no reason as they werent looked at either. 

Alarming to say the least but the Republic of Ireland is very laid back whereas up here in Northern Ireland, cos its the UK, security is as tight as a ducks asshole. 

i can't understand a god damn thing!.......

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

I agree. Last year, with Axl/DC, we were there early and we saw the pit. I was a bit pissed off thinking we would have to be behind it, even being so early, and not remembering there being two prices. We walked around and we could just get into the pit, got a bracelet, and they just let in the first few thousands of people. That was a nice surprise. We could get out again to get drinks and walk around, and just get back in before the show started.

Yeah they were different weren't they? You didn't pay extra for those, it was for the first arrivals.