06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Guys, this is fuckin atrocious.

I wouldn't go that far, to me it sounds like Axl is just making sure he HITS the notes, yet alone any rasp. Whats the point of rasp if you can't get the note in the first place? 

That being said not the strongest TIL from Axl.

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

I wouldn't go that far, to me it sounds like Axl is just making sure he HITS the notes, yet alone any rasp. Whats the point of rasp if you can't get the note in the first place? 

That being said not the strongest TIL from Axl.

I think we make too many excuses for Axl

6 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I think we make too many excuses for Axl

I mean I'm not saying its good, but to be fair to Axl he is now on the road for 6 months solid, I don't really blame him for being a little conservative. What good is it  if goes for it now only to totally blow his voice out and then has vocal problems because of it (It happens to quite a few artists sadly) and has to cancel the US tour (as I said, it sadly happens).

How many times can you push your voice to its limits before it finally gives up the ghost, I mean its amazing he was able to produce ACDC levels of rasp at 54/55, there aren't many singers half his age that could have dug that deep!

Lets hope he is just easing himself into the long months of touring...

Edited by koldweather
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

I mean I'm not saying its good, but to be fair to Axl he is now on the road for 6 months solid, I don't really blame him for being a little conservative. What good is it  if goes for it now only to totally blow his voice out and then has vocal problems because of it (It happens to quite a few artists sadly) and has to cancel the US tour (as I said, it sadly happens).

How many times can you push your voice to its limits before it finally gives up the ghost, I mean its amazing he was able to produce ACDC levels of rasp at 54/55, there aren't many singers half his age that could have dug that deep!

So why can he do it with acdc but not GNR? Why could he do it with GNR in 2010.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

So why can he do it with acdc but not GNR? Why could he do it with GNR in 2010.

With ACDC I think he was well practiced and also very well rested, his vocal tone was excellent upto the 2nd ACDC leg, then has sounded really airy and winded since that point...I don't think that is a coincidence (I think the 2nd leg he blew it out and since then has struggled more)...also interesting to note the same thing happened at the end of 2010 and 2011. His 2010 voice was beast, but totally different technique, I don't think Axl can actually sound like that anymore and he has since probably 2011 found a different way to rasp, a less sustainable one.

He probably can still get those ACDC vocals (though I think he would struggle to keep it up at the moment given his tonality) but I don't think he could do it 6 months solid and so probably wisely I think Axl is keeping it in a comfortable range for him

Edited by koldweather
  • Like 1