06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

2 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Awesome. Thought i would check in to see how the show went. Read through several pages of people bitching about the setlist. Mygnr forum at its finest. Personally love the setlist and hope its similar in St. Louis.

There Is no doubt, you will get your wish. 

• Like 2

Damn, Axl needs to get his shit together. The other night in Bilbao he made a joke during KOHD about how he "needs all the help [he] can get" when asking the crowd to sing. He's obviously aware that he's giving subpar performances these first few shows back.

Hopefully he's back up to a decent standard by London. I've got a feeling though that night #2 will be significantly better than the first, as has been the case historically. Hope he still kicks ass for night #1 though.

• Like 1

only problem i have with the covers is that its almost always the same covers. shake it up a little. theres tonnes of stuff theyve already covered that id love to hear again and tonnes more stuff i wish theyd cover. given that its pretty much still the same tour as last year,  i get it but some of this stuffs been in the set in past tours as well... once you hit the same city twice then shake it up for all those in attendance please cuz most of em were probably there last time too

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only problem i have with the covers is that its almost always the same covers. shake it up a little. theres tonnes of stuff theyve already covered that id love to hear again and tonnes more stuff i wish theyd cover. given that its pretty much still the same tour as last year,  i get it but some of this stuffs been in the set in past tours as well... once you hit the same city twice then shake it up for all those in attendance please cuz most of em were probably there last time too

Looks like they did Rosie tonight instead of the Seeker.. 3 CD songs instead of 4 too. Thing are looking up.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Looks like they did Rosie tonight instead of the Seeker.. 3 CD songs instead of 4 too. Thing are looking up.. 

no need for a cover in the encore at all. as far as cd stuff well i like cd and better but thats about it. they have an album full of covers they could play so idk why theyre still rolling with some of the stuff thats been in the set for years. look how fast they learned black hole sun. albeit its not their greatest cover, they could easily replace seeker/rosie. that before last song is my main problem in the set. and TIL. not a bad song but kind of a vibe killer and i dont wanna use it as a bathroom break cuz its still a decent song. last 3 shows i went to i was thinking ok i gotta piss. nows my chance but... ughhhhh fuck it ill just stay. frank should have a drum solo for bathroom breaks lol

11 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

If you legitimately count Live And Let Die and KOHD as "covers", please leave lol Those are GN'R songs at this point. Sorry.

No shit. I'd literally never heard those songs until Guns circa '87-'91.   Those are Guns songs in my mind.  With that said I don't need to hear KOHD.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

If you legitimately count Live And Let Die and KOHD as "covers", please leave lol Those are GN'R songs at this point. Sorry.

Maybe but neither would be missed. LALD sucks sans Axl screams and KOHD is way too fucking bloated. Give me Don't Damn Me and Down on the Farm. 

• Like 1

I'm not trying to make a judgment based on the videos, but it seems that the crowds have been pretty lame for the past few shows. Slane was probably the best crowd out of the three

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

9 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I understand that. I was just expecting the European crowds to be more into it than the NA crowds. Just observing :shrugs:

That was before the smartphone era

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

I hear you, but as a huge Beatles and James Bond fan, LALD will always be a McCartney song to me! Don't get me wrong, I love GnR's version too, but it's not one of the songs that I necessarily look forward to in concert anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Sounded decent. 

I thought so as well. You can tell he was really into playing with AC/DC, like it was a dream come true since he was a little kid. Good for him.

1 hour ago, Original said:

No shit. I'd literally never heard those songs until Guns circa '87-'91.   Those are Guns songs in my mind.  With that said I don't need to hear KOHD.  

I'd be more okay with Heavens Door if they didn't turn it into a 10 minute thing. 

• Like 4