06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

9 hours ago, koldweather said:

With ACDC I think he was well practiced and also very well rested, his vocal tone was excellent upto the 2nd ACDC leg, then has sounded really airy and winded since that point...I don't think that is a coincidence (I think the 2nd leg he blew it out and since then has struggled more)...also interesting to note the same thing happened at the end of 2010 and 2011. His 2010 voice was beast, but totally different technique, I don't think Axl can actually sound like that anymore and he has since probably 2011 found a different way to rasp, a less sustainable one.

He probably can still get those ACDC vocals (though I think he would struggle to keep it up at the moment given his tonality) but I don't think he could do it 6 months solid and so probably wisely I think Axl is keeping it in a comfortable range for him

True, but some people just demand that he sounds like he did 25 years ago, and even back then he had off days, but was young and could handle more.

Damn the shows he has played in his life, and with those voices he has used, it is great he still can sing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2414225 said:

I know, it's hard, but as long Marty Mcfly won't kidnap the young Axl, we won't be happy with GnR. His voice will never be the same. I love Axl's golden era voice and can't stand his post 1993 voice on most songs... 

Calm down Junior, you sure are in a bad mood, but if you can do it better than Axl? then go on the stage and prove it. If not please don't talk trash about other people, when you can't even do a little tiny bit of it yourself. It sure is easy to sit at home and trash other people. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

It's become the 'Livenation: Axl Rose karaoke 2017 tour'

Damn you bitch about everything, why are you here, just to be so god damn negative? And make us that love this site, and Axl and Guns N Roses go grazy with all this trash talk? It is insane.

• Like 3

Hey People, please stop with all the negativ shit we dont need it here, all we want is to enjoy the show :)

If you dont like what you see, that is ok but please dont let us know all the time, just keep it for yourself :)

Thank you :)  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dar97 said:

He sounds amazing for his age and he's been damaging his voice for years now i'm guessing that's why he's conserving his voice

Yes true, i do think he sounds quite good for a man his age. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

axl sounds horrible and the band sounds even worse

Go do it better yourself, good damn so many people bitch and bitch all day long, are you even a fan of this band?

7 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

Hey People, please stop with all the negativ shit we dont need it here, all we want is to enjoy the show :)

If you dont like what you see, that is ok but please dont let us know all the time, just keep it for yourself :)

Thank you :)  

People are going insane in here, so negative and bitch and bitch all day long, is it even a fan site? If they hate it so much, why stay and make it worse for us who love the band.

And good day to you :-)

• Like 2

I never try to have an argument and I generally try to skip past all the crap but I`m so bored of all the armchair critics why don`t you set up your own forum and slag the band off till your hearts content  you suck the life out of every live thread you just take over with your constant whining I`m not even sure you actually watch a show or are even fans please go and bore yourselves to death somewhere else

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lassie said:

Go do it better yourself, good damn so many people bitch and bitch all day long, are you even a fan of this band?

People are going insane in here, so negative and bitch and bitch all day long, is it even a fan site? If they hate it so much, why stay and make it worse for us who love the band.

Don't worry about them. I'm just happy I still get goosebumps when Axl does Jungle and I'm so looking forward to seeing this show live. It's their loss they can't seem to enjoy it. I've personally enjoyed the three shows in this leg. Of course there are moments I think: ouch, but overall the great far outweighs the bad for me :shrugs:

If posts or posters annoy you, just scroll past them. Don't let them ruin your mood if that's what they're doing. They will always be here, but there will always be positive ones as well. Focus on them :heart:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lassie said:

Damn you bitch about everything, why are you here, just to be so god damn negative? And make us that love this site, and Axl and Guns N Roses go grazy with all this trash talk? It is insane.

You literally liked my post where I said it was atrocious 10 minutes ago!

4 minutes ago, lassie said:

I just performed you could be mine here at home. I tried three times. They all sounded really awful.

So I guess that shows -- beyond any doubt -- that 1) the band doesnt sound awful and 2) Axl voice doesnt sound horrible!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

PS: I learned the hard way that I can not do it better, but there is a band who can. The name of the band "just escapes me". I guess it is something like "pistols and flowers"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lio said:

Don't worry about them. I'm just happy I still get goosebumps when Axl does Jungle and I'm so looking forward to seeing this show live. It's their loss they can't seem to enjoy it. I've personally enjoyed the three shows in this leg. Of course there are moments I think: ouch, but overall the great far outweighs the bad for me :shrugs:

If posts or posters annoy you, just scroll past them. Don't let them ruin your mood if that's what they're doing. They will always be here, but there will always be positive ones as well. Focus on them :heart:

That is true :-) And yes i even know that he does not sounds like 1986 or 1988 or 1991, have you seen the Indiana show from 1991? Damn his voice is harsh, but it still sound quite cool. But i do still enjoy him, and the others in the band, and damn cool when Steven Adler came back, just wish he could have played 4 or 6 songs, but still nice to see him with them, last time was 1990, but you know that :-)

46 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

I never try to have an argument and I generally try to skip past all the crap but I`m so bored of all the armchair critics why don`t you set up your own forum and slag the band off till your hearts content  you suck the life out of every live thread you just take over with your constant whining I`m not even sure you actually watch a show or are even fans please go and bore yourselves to death somewhere else

Well said, i honest don't know what is going on, Duff and Slash are back, even Steven for a few shows, and they seem to give it all, and enjoy it, and that sure must count to.

I listened to YCBM. I think Axl sounded on it like he has during the whole NITL tour (with the exception of a couple of shows where there was some improvement). Neither better nor worse.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I don't think a gnr concert over their entire lifetime exists where the sound,be it the band or Axls voice are perfect all the way through. I think it all adds to the live experience and proves they are a real live band. What you do get is one hell of a show. Lots of energy, stage presence and talent there live in front of you. This makes the imperfections insignificant and you just really enjoy the great rock n roll show they are famous for. As for the setlists, they are pretty much what everyone wants to hear at "their" show. Sure we all have a fav song that they switch or leave out and a cover we're not over enamoured about. But I think mixed in an almost 3 hour set, it doesn't take anything away live. So I guess unless you go to every or many shows there's not a lot to complain about really.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, no1gooner said:

I don't think a gnr concert over their entire lifetime exists where the sound,be it the band or Axls voice are perfect all the way through. I think it all adds to the live experience and proves they are a real live band. What you do get is one hell of a show. Lots of energy, stage presence and talent there live in front of you. This makes the imperfections insignificant and you just really enjoy the great rock n roll show they are famous for. As for the setlists, they are pretty much what everyone wants to hear at "their" show. Sure we all have a fav song that they switch or leave out and a cover we're not over enamoured about. But I think mixed in an almost 3 hour set, it doesn't take anything away live. So I guess unless you go to every or many shows there's not a lot to complain about really.

But they're avoidable imperfections that Axl doesn't care enough to correct. It's not "because he can't" that's obviously not true. We've seen that he can on this tour and obviously with AC/DC. It's fine to criticise when it's fair.

If he blew his voice one night and sounded bad for the rest of the show I wouldn't criticise him for that, shit happens. But not preparing for a long tour enough or even at all is just inviting shit to happen. A lot.

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I listened to YCBM. I think Axl sounded on it like he has during the whole NITL tour (with the exception of a couple of shows where there was some improvement). Neither better nor worse.

Nah even the bridge was weak. That's usually solid.