06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

6 hours ago, Dar97 said:

People who haven't been to the reunion tour yet shouldn't be saying anything negative until they actually go and hear it with their own ears and not from crappy phone recordings 

Poor argument. You can literally compare performances of the same songs on this tour, all of which are from phone recordings and notice the significant drop in quality between legs. Watch Jungle from Dubai on the shittiest YouTube video you can find and compare it to Slane's Jungle and try and tell me there's a problem with my ears.

• Like 3

The show was great , the crowd of 60,000 fans loved and that's what mattered.

The band plays and sounds top notch, more polished than old days and Axl was great and into it. Funny people still think as they're to be compared to their 20s.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlexC said:

If he blew his voice one night and sounded bad for the rest of the show I wouldn't criticise him for that, shit happens. But not preparing for a long tour enough or even at all is just inviting shit to happen. A lot.

what kind of statement is that he`s meant to ruin his voice to please you  

I feel sorry for you that there`s so many more shows for you to have to endure what a shame you can`t enjoy them like the majority of us do  maybe you should save your ears and not bother to listen :heart:

6 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

what kind of statement is that he`s meant to ruin his voice to please you  

I feel sorry for you that there`s so many more shows for you to have to endure what a shame you can`t enjoy them like the majority of us do  maybe you should save your ears and not bother to listen :heart:

That's not my point whatsoever. Where did I say I want that to happen?

Watching Axl during the first few shows of a tour leg is like watching the dress rehearsal of a play. Except the fact that they're charging you for it. Charging the same amount as going to see it on the West End or Broadway.

These shows are his rehearsals because he hasn't done any for 2 months.

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Don't worry about them. I'm just happy I still get goosebumps when Axl does Jungle and I'm so looking forward to seeing this show live. It's their loss they can't seem to enjoy it. I've personally enjoyed the three shows in this leg. Of course there are moments I think: ouch, but overall the great far outweighs the bad for me :shrugs:

If posts or posters annoy you, just scroll past them. Don't let them ruin your mood if that's what they're doing. They will always be here, but there will always be positive ones as well. Focus on them :heart:

Even I didnt see them, I totally agree with you - for all the haters, just ignore their posts. They response to your responses on their posts and that is what keeps pushing them. Hate and negativity feeds on that way, it doesn't know any other way. And it dies... when you ignore it and do not response to them so just enjoy in positive things - we are all happy that GnR still is alive and they have reunited. 

Cheers and enjoy this beautiful sunny Saturday :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jeez said:

You know, I don't mind people sharing their opinion - positive or negative - on Axls voice, band members or whatever else. That's the concept of a thread like this. What I don't understand is why people, who have already established and expressed their opinion multiple times, still feels the need to repeat it in every thread every night. Were you surprised Axl sounded weak on YCBM tonight when he did two night ago, and two nights before? It's no longer about expressing an opinion, it's about spreading negativity just for the sake of it and probably about proving your opinion right. It's getting boring and repetitive.

I get obsessed with correcting people's ignorance. I'm sorry. :ph34r:

• Like 1

just been reading some of the people who was actually at the shows opinions and guess what they enjoyed it pretty sure that outweighs any keyboard critics opinion have a great day everyone I`m looking forward to tomorrows show   hope we get some decent links :heart:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

Poor argument. You can literally compare performances of the same songs on this tour, all of which are from phone recordings and notice the significant drop in quality between legs. Watch Jungle from Dubai on the shittiest YouTube video you can find and compare it to Slane's Jungle and try and tell me there's a problem with my ears.

Axl is one of my favorite singers and I really don't get any kicks out of trashing his voice. I don't expect him to sound the way he sounded in his prime.

But if you listen these two performances there's undeniable difference between them. The Slane one is more Welcome to Disneyland - category, sadly.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Axl is one of my favorite singers and I really don't get any kicks out of trashing his voice. I don't expect him to sound the way he sounded in his prime.

But if you listen these two performances there's undeniable difference between them. The Slane one is more Welcome to Disneyland - category, sadly.

Yes that's exactly my point.

45 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

i can say w/o a doubt last summer at foxboro and metlife that axl sounded much, much better in person than any smart phone video i've ever watched from those 2 shows.  he sounded outstanding and the shows were 2 of the best i've ever been to, the entire band was amazing.  even the doubters i talked to before the shows started were left in amazement at how good axl was.  go to the shows or shut the fuck up about his voice.

That's because he actually did sound better last summer. That's the whole argument here. No one expects him to sound like 1992. We just want him to sound like he did in 2016.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jonah said:

that looks like the receiver for headphones on Slash's back, I don't think he's ever worn them before, I know he's always talked negatively about them in the past...

Could also be transmitter for the guitar.  He must use in-ear monitors now because there aren't any monitors on stage that I can see.  The "monitor boxes" are all teleprompter screens as far as I can tell.  He wouldn't be able to play well without some kind of monitor.  There was a video that gnr posted of a song filmed from on stage near the drums.  All you could really make out were drums and some muddled background sounds that don't sound like music at all.