06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

I love how everyone feels qualified to make judgements about how music sounds based on cell phones recording across a massive crowd from a PA system meticulously tuned to deliver great audio to live human ears during a concert.

It's like judging great fine art or architecture from a cell phone photo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Who gives a f*ck? He's not in competition with himself.

This! I would understand it iif it was about albums or such, but concerts, seriously?

Concerts are all about the atmosphere and the musicians doing a great show, who gives a fuck what it sounds like? For the sound there are album releases, at concerts sound really doesn't matter that much, sound can be crappy like shit and you still can have fun if the people are good.

You can even have more fun at a concert with bad sound and a "bad" singer performance than at one with perfect sound and perfect vocalists if the audience and the band are great in another way.

15 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

This! I would understand it iif it was about albums or such, but concerts, seriously?

Concerts are all about the atmosphere and the musicians doing a great show, who gives a fuck what it sounds like? For the sound there are album releases, at concerts sound really doesn't matter that much, sound can be crappy like shit and you still can have fun if the people are good.

You can even have more fun at a concert with bad sound and a "bad" singer performance than at one with perfect sound and perfect vocalists if the audience and the band are great in another way.

THIS!! I love concerts with bad singer performances! Absolutely nothing better 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

LOL, Hum, let's see did I have more fun at the 5 Motley Crue shows I saw where Vince Neil was in top form or the last one...where he sucked.

How about Van Halen with Roth in top form or like last year as he is terrible now too.  In all fairness Axl isn't at that level of bad, but he is getting there, at least with Guns.  The whole point of this really is why doesn't he bring the AC/DC level of performances with him to Guns.  These other guys, they just clearly don't have it any more.  Axl does.  Everything else is just an excuse.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, tsinindy said:

LOL, Hum, let's see did I have more fun at the 5 Motley Crue shows I saw where Vince Neil was in top form or the last one...where he sucked.

How about Van Halen with Roth in top form or like last year as he is terrible now too.  In all fairness Axl isn't at that level of bad, but he is getting there, at least with Guns.  The whole point of this really is why doesn't he bring the AC/DC level of performances with him to Guns.  These other guys, they just clearly don't have it any more.  Axl does.  Everything else is just an excuse.  

Wait, I'll give you one example of a bad performance which is just great:

That song was towards the end of the concert, you can hear his voice is pretty much gone, he pretty much doesn't hit a single note, but still.... he sings with so much decdication, with so much heart and soul and believes in what he sings, he doesn't give a shit if his voice turns over or whatever.

It's actually a great performance, one of the best versions I know of this song.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

Great show yesterday:

- loved the setlist, those fiirst 4-5 song really get the crowd going and whole lotta rosie was nice surprise wich no one expected after hearing the soudcheck.

- the band sounded good, axl being a little flat at some points, but that was to be expected and didn´t hurt the show at all. They all had great energy on stage, I wasn´t expecting richard fortus to be as good as was on stage, I knew he was a very good guitar player, but I was surprise to see him interact alot with the crowd and jumping all the time.

- the organization of the show wasn´t that good since we got looked between barriers for hours, and that made it very difficult to go get food, water and to go to the bathroom, but inside the venue itself it was alot better, the secutity would give us cups of water and we could leave the golden circle and mantain our spot very easily.

- regarding the openers, tyler braynt was amazing on stage even tough i tought some of their songs weren´t very original. mark lanegen had a different song, more complex whit unusual melodies that dont really work for an opening act for a band whit high energy like gn´r

- bassicly for a first seing gnr live i loved and even caugt duff´s pick , but todat me and other 59 000 people are puting lotion our sunburns.

18838916_865197040301011_443436633950904

18813741_865193546968027_66908300861711718816050_865367776950604_1822304825_n.jp

• Like 3

They kicked major ass last night.

Complaints about Axl's voice make sense if you expect them to play Ritz 88 ou the big screens. You're there to see Guns N' Roses playing in 2017 and that's what they did. Loud and clear. 

Anxiously looking forward to the next shows. ✌

Has Slash switched back to the JCM 800 or still playing the Silver Jubilee Amps? his tone is incerdible either way - just wondering -seems like his really shredding it up and I can't  wait to see that gain in a few months 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pedro - Axl - Mota said:

Great show!

I really enjoyed Slash's solo of This I Love. I never was a great fan of his improv. in this song, but yesterday I think he did a good job there!!

My favourite Slash solo on TIL up to date

1 hour ago, Pedro - Axl - Mota said:

Great show!

I really enjoyed Slash's solo of This I Love. I never was a great fan of his improv. in this song, but yesterday I think he did a good job there!!

That is closer to the album version than any other live performance and I love it! 

Edited by Sosso