The Godfather/Sweet Child O' Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Patience
Whole Lotta Rosie
Paradise City

18812594_1906970989541155_5225277355710218240_n.jpg.d381e7fb00edb243119908572f30ab07.jpg

Hey - is anyone here familiar with this stadium?  My wife and I are thinking of flying over (from MYC) for this show, but I'm a little concerned about the seating; looks like it's general admission.  My wife is only 5'2" and not a big fan of large crowds.  Are there areas that are off to the side that offer good views without being packed with everyone on the floor?  Thanks for any info anyone can provide.  We love Lisbon and seeing GN'R there would be unreal!

On 19/12/2016 at 9:14 PM, Bluefish18 said:

Hey - is anyone here familiar with this stadium?  My wife and I are thinking of flying over (from MYC) for this show, but I'm a little concerned about the seating; looks like it's general admission.  My wife is only 5'2" and not a big fan of large crowds.  Are there areas that are off to the side that offer good views without being packed with everyone on the floor?  Thanks for any info anyone can provide.  We love Lisbon and seeing GN'R there would be unreal!

Hey there @Bluefish18,

So, the Passeio Marítimo de Algés is not a stadium in any shape or form. It's just a large space where you have festivals and some very occasional concerts (like AC/DC).

At the moment, the Golden Circle tickets are already sold out, so the only chance is general admission which is the cheapest option. No seating for this show.

As a Portuguese citizen, I'm not a fan of the venue at all, but it is what it is.

Here's a picture of what you should except more or less:

15571303_10209138986045097_1685522204_n.

12 minutes ago, Freaka said:

Hey there @Bluefish18,

So, the Passeio Marítimo de Algés is not a stadium in any shape or form. It's just a large space where you have festivals and some very occasional concerts (like AC/DC).

At the moment, the Golden Circle tickets are already sold out, so the only chance is general admission which is the cheapest option. No seating for this show.

As a Portuguese citizen, I'm not a fan of the venue at all, but it is what it is.

Hi!! I'm going to this show from Italy, I bought two golden circle tickets... Do you know how big the golden circle will be? And how early should I line up to be front row? Sorry I don't know who to ask it's my first time in Portugal!

thanks in advance for the reply:lol:

43 minutes ago, Freaka said:

Hey there @Bluefish18,

Obrigado , Freaka! I appreciate the information.  I think we are going to go for it!   We love the city, and the GA tickets are relatively cheap (compared to the the $285 US we spent last summer in New Jersey).  Thanks again for taking the time to respond - 

4 hours ago, Nightrain92 said:

Hi!! I'm going to this show from Italy, I bought two golden circle tickets... Do you know how big the golden circle will be? And how early should I line up to be front row? Sorry I don't know who to ask it's my first time in Portugal!

thanks in advance for the reply:lol:

Hi @Nightrain92,

I think we should expect the Golden Circle to have 3500 to 5000 capacity but it can be more or it can be less. Regarding your question on how early should you line up to be in the front row, I'd say as soon as you possibly can. As you know, people bought Early Entry tickets (myself included), so they will enter first.

Any other questions that I can help you with, please let me know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

Obrigado , Freaka! I appreciate the information.  I think we are going to go for it!   We love the city, and the GA tickets are relatively cheap (compared to the the $285 US we spent last summer in New Jersey).  Thanks again for taking the time to respond - 

De nada! :) I'm assuming it's not your first time in Lisbon, right? If you're familiar with the city, you will love us as a crowd. We're the best crowd in the world! :D

Anything else I can help you with, please let me know as well.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Freaka said:

Hi @Nightrain92,

I think we should expect the Golden Circle to have 3500 to 5000 capacity but it can be more or it can be less. Regarding your question on how early should you line up to be in the front row, I'd say as soon as you possibly can. As you know, people bought Early Entry tickets (myself included), so they will enter first.

Any other questions that I can help you with, please let me know.

Thank you so much for the answer! I'll arrive in lisbona the first of June so I think I'll line up at eight or nine in the morning the day of the show... It's gonna be a very looong day but I hope it is worth to be in front row!:P maybe we will meet there I will be with my sister! Can't wait!!!!

3 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Thank you so much for the answer! I'll arrive in lisbona the first of June so I think I'll line up at eight or nine in the morning the day of the show... It's gonna be a very looong day but I hope it is worth to be in front row!:P maybe we will meet there I will be with my sister! Can't wait!!!!

No problem, if I can help you choose your accommodation or anything, please don't hesitate.

Around eight or nine seems quite okay but let me tell you that we are like the italians, we like to line up pretty early. I'm sure that there will be people lining up the night or days before.

Maybe we should set up a meeting or something with the people coming from abroad, that would be pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, Freaka said:

No problem, if I can help you choose your accommodation or anything, please don't hesitate.

Around eight or nine seems quite okay but let me tell you that we are like the italians, we like to line up pretty early. I'm sure that there will be people lining up the night or days before.

Maybe we should set up a meeting or something with the people coming from abroad, that would be pretty cool.

Thank you again! You are so kind:lol: i booked an hotel near the airport so I'm far from the venue but I hope it won't take too much time with bus or tram to arrive... I would love to meet you guys in lisbona! If you manage something with other forum members tag me and let me know:P I really hope to be front row or as near to the stage as I can!! I choose Portugal because I think you are so similar to us Italians and also because lisbona is a beautiful city and it was one of my dreams to visit it!

Last question I swear!!:Pi bought the tickets on ticket line and I received the e-tickets to my mail do you know if the tickets I received are the "official" tickets? because I printed them and I think I have to show them the day of the show.

sorry for the length!

11 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Thank you again! You are so kind:lol: i booked an hotel near the airport so I'm far from the venue but I hope it won't take too much time with bus or tram to arrive... I would love to meet you guys in lisbona! If you manage something with other forum members tag me and let me know:P I really hope to be front row or as near to the stage as I can!! I choose Portugal because I think you are so similar to us Italians and also because lisbona is a beautiful city and it was one of my dreams to visit it!

Last question I swear!!:Pi bought the tickets on ticket line and I received the e-tickets to my mail do you know if the tickets I received are the "official" tickets? because I printed them and I think I have to show them the day of the show.

sorry for the length!

I'll pm you. It's easier that way. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freaka said:

De nada! :) I'm assuming it's not your first time in Lisbon, right? If you're familiar with the city, you will love us as a crowd. We're the best crowd in the world! :D

Anything else I can help you with, please let me know as well.

Thank you very much! No, this will be our 3rd trip to your wonderful country....have always wanted to see a show in Europe, and I have a strong affection for The Portuguese culture- I grew up in a large Portuguese community in Massachusetts and know how passionate you are about your heritage http://portuguesefeast.com/page/welcome-to-the-2016-feast-of-the-blessed-sacrament this is annual event that my hometown does every year.  To see GN'R in Lisbon would be amazing!  I hope to make it happen...?????

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to get back to Lisbon city centre after the event? 

I can't seem to find any reliable information. Assuming trains won't run late into the night?

First time in Lisbon - Me and a friend are doing this date and Munich. Can't F'N wait!

Hope you all have a great time.

Edited by Azazel

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Just got my early admission gold circle tix, dont know how much that helps in lining up and getting close.  Thats actually my main concern. I get in 6am on Friday morning and staying at hotel Altis Belem.  Friend booked it based on location so we could be close to the show and walk home afterwards.

Seems like a great city, cant wait to visit.

• 1 month later...