06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Looks like a killer show.. AWESOME crowd, I love the way the Stadium is set up. Axl sound good from the little bit I have heard.

I think the "golden circle" thing is a total crowd killer, all the people that would be going nuts probably can't afford those tickets, so we get a bunch of boring wankers at the front just stood there.

1 minute ago, onurbayrak03 said:

im fucking done with this... When i first listened to GnR, it was Axl's voice what got me into them. Now that his unique raspy voice is gone, it just doesnt sound right. This isnt fucking gnr man, I prefer Axl voice to Slash's guitar playing for real. If he had the raspy voice and slash werent there, I would still be happy with Ashba...

thats funny cuz i went to the concert last friday in lisbon thinking the same. and you know what, his voice sounds amazing when you hear it through the speakers. the recordings only capture something we def don't get live. his voice is strong, in tune and fucking sharp life.

Stop watching the videos online, go to a show and make up your mind. But all the frequencies that get killed when you re recording a show through the PA system to your phone seem to hurt axls voice the most. the rest of the instruments sound more or less the same. his voice sounds amazing live, and here not so much. that believe me that the recording issue not what the people that paid money to see the show are getting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

thats funny cuz i went to the concert last friday in lisbon thinking the same. and you know what, his voice sounds amazing when you hear it through the speakers. the recordings only capture something we def don't get live. his voice is strong, in tune and fucking sharp life.

Stop watching the videos online, go to a show and make up your mind. But all the frequencies that get killed when you re recording a show through the PA system to your phone seem to hurt axls voice the most. the rest of the instruments sound more or less the same. his voice sounds amazing live, and here not so much. that believe me that the recording issue not what the people that paid money to see the show are getting.

Then why in 90's or 2010's videos he sounds amazing? I dont think there is that much difference live. 2010 he sounded amazing live AND on Youtube clips. EVEN with acdc he sounds amazing on Youtube clips. It aint about going to the live show I suppose.

Edited by onurbayrak03
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Then why in 90's or 2010's videos he sounds amazing? I dont think there is that much difference live. 2010 he sounded amazing live AND on Youtube clips. EVEN with acdc he sounds amazing on Youtube clips. It aint about going to the live show I suppose.

I agree.. People just need to admit and not take it personally when people point out he isn't having a great night. It isn't a knock on him, he is just getting older.. In Vegas I didn't think he sounded great and the videos confirmed it.  In Foxboro I thought he kicked ass and the videos confirmed it.