06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

Right, and they play a 3h show for you. If you're gonna cry that they didn't play a song you wanted to hear after a 3h show, it shows what an ungrateful and spoiled brat you are.

I want to hear? Do you think the crowd in Madrid was pissed off when they hear OTGM, Don't Cry and Patience? It is about quality not cuantity. You can have a great 3 hours show or an average 3 hours show, not the same thing.

Just now, Padme said:

I want to hear? Do you think the crowd in Madrid was pissed off when they hear OTGM, Don't Cry and Patience? It is about quality not cuantity. You can have a great 3 hours show or an average 3 hours show, not the same thing.

No, but i doubt people in lisbon or slane cried after the show because they didnt get to see patience or don't cry. Jesus...

1 hour ago, Padme said:

You don't get it, do you? Madrid is the perfect example why people who complain are right. Every show should like Madrid was or even better. They can do it if they want to. It wasn't so hard to play OTGM, Don't Cry and Patience together in the same show.

Sorry, but nope! A huge reason why Madrid was so good was the crowd!

Imagine you're a musician and perform in front of a crowd. One like in Madrid really pushes you. It's like "Wow, this crowd is amazing, so much fun to play here!" And without even thinking about it, you play your ass off, just having fun and enjoying yourself. While people just standing there and seem to be bored, watching at there phones and all that is like "wtf are they doing? This is a really annoying crowd, no fun to play for them...."

Concerts are an interaction and if the audience is going off, there's a much better chance the band does it, too.

Edited by Zurimor

They do get to see a 3 hour with the bandmembers giving everything, dont they? 

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Right, and they play a 3h show for you. If you're gonna cry that they didn't play a song you wanted to hear after a 3h show, it shows what an ungrateful and spoiled brat you are.

Yeah, and that's awesome. They even played some some deep cuts like Coma. But they have the potential to play more deep cuts from UYI and CD.

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Yeah, and that's awesome. They even played some some deep cuts like Coma. But they have the potential to play more deep cuts from UYI and CD.

There is always potential for more and better - in every aspect of life. But if you're gonna cry about not getting the perfect thing you imagine to have, you're always gonna be disappointed. One guy in the audience might be happy about Coma, the other one might be bored and wants more casual hits. Just because some bored nerd on the internet forum demands more deep cuts, doesnt mean that's the right thing to do - or that's what the majority of people in the audience wants. I'd love to hear pretty tied up and dead horse aswell, but my life won't be any different if they won't and i certainly won't cry like a bitch about it.

Edited by xBrownstonex

No, but i doubt people in lisbon or slane cried after the show because they didnt get to see patience or don't cry. Jesus...

Someone posted that many people left the show after SCOM in Ireland. I wouldn't do it. But it seems some people would

3 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Sorry, but nope! A huge reason why Madrid was so good was the crowd!

Imagine you're a musician and perform in front of a crowd. One like in Madrid reeally pushes you. While people just standing there and seem to be bored, watching at there phones and all that is like "wtf are they doing? This is a really annoying crowd, no fiun to play for them...."

Concerts are an interaction and if the audience is going off, there's a much better chance the band does it, too.

I agree they got inspired by the crowd. But still people attending other shows pay for their tickets too. There are many people with phones everywhere, also in Madrid

Just now, Padme said:

Someone posted that many people left the show after SCOM in Ireland. I wouldn't do it. But it seems some people would

That doesnt even make sense in your argumentation because those people wouldn't have even known what the encore was, if they left after scom.

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

There is always potential for more and better - in every aspect of life. But if you're gonna cry about not getting the perfect thing you imagine to have, you're always gonna be disappointed. One guynin the audience might be happy about coms, the other one might be bored and wants more casual hits. Just because some bored nerd on the internet forum demands more deep cuts, doesnt mean that's the right thing to do - or that's what the majority of people in the audience wants.

Agreed. Most of the complaining people are also bootleggers.

The other 90% are happy with songs like RQ, SCOM, etc.

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

That doesnt even make sense in your argumentation because those people wouldn't have even known what the encore was, if they left after scom.

You claimed people in other places were very happy with their show. Maybe not everyone. Why would you leave after SCOM if you are having a great time? Ok, you can say that next day you have wake up very early in the morning. In that case buy a ticket for a show elsewhere that takes place when it's not a problem for you.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

You claimed people in other places were very happy with their show. Maybe not everyone. Why would you leave after SCOM if you are having a great time? Ok, you can say that next day you have wake up very early in the morning. In that case buy a ticket for a show elsewhere that takes place when it's not a problem for you.

Maybe they had to get home early. Who knows. Who knows if its even true. But i doubt one of those people left because they missed otgm or pretty tied up.

Edited by xBrownstonex

8 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Maybe they had to get home early. Who knows. Who knows if its even true. But i doubt one of those people left because they missed otgm or pretty tied up.

Why do you care so much what people think?  The band has millions of fans and not everyone has the same opinion as you.. Either except that and let them have their two cents, or reply once or twice and move on.. This is a thread of a great show and it is being ruined. You are part of the problem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Why do you care so much what people think?  The band has millions of fans and not everyone has the same opinion as you.. Either except that and let them have their two cents, or reply once or twice and move on.. This is a thread of a great show and it is being ruined. You are part of the problem.

I dont care what people think, but sometimes i have to call out their bullshit.they can hate the show or setlist as much as they want. But hearing the same old whining in every thread gets boring and annoying after the 100th time. And as much as they have the right to complain, i have the right to say that it's bullshit in my opinion.

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

I dont care what people think, but sometimes i have to call out their bullshit.they can hate the show or setlist as much as they want. But hearing the same old whining in every thread gets boring and annoying after the 100th time.

Then just read it and move on.. Or hide their posts.. The constant back and forth is far worse. All I have to say on that

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Looks like a decent crowd pushed Axl to put on a better effort here. That sounds on par with the NA leg, in average.

Regardless of what people may think of Axl's vocals at Slane one of the things I noticed was how much he fed off the crowd. Everyone was really into it and it seemed to really get Axl going.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

Really love Axl's clean vocals with BHS.

They're definitely getting more comfortable with the song. I'm still not a fan of their version or the choice of song for them, but damn I respect them for paying tribute to Chris Cornell  at every show. 

50 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

They're definitely getting more comfortable with the song. I'm still not a fan of their version or the choice of song for them, but damn I respect them for paying tribute to Chris Cornell  at every show. 

I like it better than the original.. Nice gesture but I wonder how long it will go on.. Never been a fan of the song anyway.. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Gosh, is it that bad for real? :ph34r: A big part of why i enjoyed the show so much is cause the energy of the crow was amazing! I think it was the closest you can get of a south american crowd in Europe.

It can be....the SF crowd was good and I am hoping the San Antonio one will be good too cause there will be lots of Mexicans and Mexican-American gunners like me! :D And we know that they love their GN'R! :headbang:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 4