06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

1 hour ago, TOS--LOA said:

They're definitely getting more comfortable with the song. I'm still not a fan of their version or the choice of song for them, but damn I respect them for paying tribute to Chris Cornell  at every show. 

But it makes no sense...sure, soundgarden was a gnr opener and Chris was cool with Slash and Duff. But Chris also said that he actually never meet Axl and had no relationship with him at all. 

1 minute ago, 2414225 said:

But it makes no sense...sure, soundgarden was a gnr opener and Chris was cool with Slash and Duff. But Chris also said that he actually never meet Axl and had no relationship with him at all. 

It does kinda make sense. The Duff/Cornell connection is strong, besides the Seattle thing Duff performed with Chris at the Mad Season show. Also even back in the day Slash used to talk about what a huge Soundgarden fan he was, also there's Promise from his album. Even though Slash seems to take a bit of a backseat in this song. Who knows, maybe Fortus was the one who picked the song and that's why he plays the solo. And Axl being such a rock scholar I'm sure he had tons of respect for Cornell's musicianship. Although Axl admittedly doesn't put much fire into this version. 

I suspect that this song will stay in the set at least through Europe and possibly through US as well. I'm hoping that for the Arena run they close the book on the NITL tour, consider it a success, and reboot the setlist a la Skin N' Bones. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

I suspect that this song will stay in the set at least through Europe and possibly through US as well. I'm hoping that for the Arena run they close the book on the NITL tour, consider it a success, and reboot the setlist a la Skin N' Bones. 

I am expecting them to mix it up a bit for the Arena tour as well. Probably nothing crazy but maybe switch up a couple staples..  Switch up the song order and maybe debut a couple songs they haven't played yet. It would be phenomenal is they brought it down to a 6 piece band again like the Skin N' Bones tour for sure.  Maybe they will play the whole Appetite album each show for the tour..  Lot's of bands do that. If they did that, I would definitely travel to another out of state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

It can be....the SF crowd was good and I am hoping the San Antonio one will be good too cause there will be lots of Mexicans and Mexican-American gunners like me! :D And we know that they love their GN'R! :headbang:

AT&T was rocking that night! I'm on the fence about seeing them in Oakland, though. The acoustics at the Coliseum Arena aren't the best.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously, crowds here are so fucking lame these days.. It didn't used to be like that..

I realize we are all a bit older now but I still do not sit down, go to the bathroom or grab a beer once the band hits the stage and I sure as hell don't play with my cellphone. As a matter of fact, I gave the damn thing up 3 months ago and the only thing I miss about It Is the GPS. I seen the band on the UYI stadium tour with Metallica and and the energy and movement In the crowd was so Intense that It felt like the entire section of seats could collapse at any second and this was In 85 degree weather with 90% humidity. 

1 hour ago, 2414225 said:

Not true, he said he did meet Axl in the nineties

6 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Gosh, is it that bad for real? :ph34r: A big part of why i enjoyed the show so much is cause the energy of the crow was amazing! I think it was the closest you can get of a south american crowd in Europe.

It really Is that bad. There Is not much applause after songs, people sit down, people leave to go to the concession stands and finally people leave early so that they can tell there friends the next day that they were one of the first to get out of the parking lot.

10 minutes ago, ironmt said:

It really Is that bad. There Is not much applause after songs, people sit down, people leave to go to the concession stands and finally people leave early so that they can tell there friends the next day that they were one of the first to get out of the parking lot.

I can confirm. I as an european was shocked about the people at the vegas show. For them, it wasnt something special, at least for the ones who were sitting near me, but an event they had to be there while stuffing their fat faces with popcorn and nachos

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

I can confirm. I as an european was shocked about the people at the vegas show. For them, it wasnt something special, at least for the ones who were sitting near me, but an event they had to be there while stuffing their fat faces with popcorn and nachos

Eating Is our favorite past time In America. There Is a reason that we are the fattest country on the planet. The thing that kills me Is that people can get drunk at home or at there local bar, same with eating. The concert Is a once In a lifetime event for most of these people, yet food and alcohol at a very INFLATED price Is the main priority.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

Eating Is our favorite past time In America. There Is a reason that we are the fattest country on the planet. The thing that kills me Is that people can get drunk at home or at there local bar, same with eating. The concert Is a once In a lifetime event for most of these people, yet food and alcohol at a very INFLATED price Is the main priority.  

i never bought one drink when i saw GN'R. i had like three cocktails in the hotel room before we left... from booze brought from home. ate half of the food we bought at McDonald's so i wouldn't be TOO out of it for the concert ( i wasn't...got there right near the end of AIC and then there was a delay til GN'R came on, i was not even really buzzed just felt very pleasant! ) ate my remaining half of a burger, went to bed and slept like a baby. when i went to Peter Frampton it was for my birthday. we went into a bar right by the Grand Sierra Theatre where the concert was held. 20.00 for ONE cocktail! that was it, i learned my lesson <_< bring your own food and drink. for me anyway...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i never bought one drink when i saw GN'R. i had like three cocktails in the hotel room before we left... from booze brought from home. ate half of the food we bought at McDonald's so i wouldn't be TOO out of it for the concert ( i wasn't...got there right near the end of AIC and then there was a delay til GN'R came on, i was not even really buzzed just felt very pleasant! ) ate my remaining half of a burger, went to bed and slept like a baby. when i went to Peter Frampton it was for my birthday. we went into a bar right by the Grand Sierra Theatre where the concert was held. 20.00 for ONE cocktail! that was it, i learned my lesson <_< bring your own food and drink. for me anyway...

You are one of the more Intelligent fans that attend. I have seen people spend $300-400 just In Food and booze. We always bring stuff from home and party In the parking lot, like yourself I try not to over due It as the concert Is the main objective as opposed to being to drunk to realize what took place the night before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

You are one of the more Intelligent fans that attend. I have seen people spend $300-400 just In Food and booze. We always bring stuff from home and party In the parking lot, like yourself I try not to over due It as the concert Is the main objective as opposed to being to drunk to realize what took place the night before.

exactly! :D

• Like 1

Well just got home from the show...

Show itself as a spectacle is killer, having Slash and Duff back is really great. Setlist i thought was great as i attended with a group of 12 casual fans and they got to hear all the hits. My mates all had a blast and thought it was the best concert they ever attended.

It's my 7th GnR concert but unfortunately it was Axl's weakest performance by miles. Just a few months ago Axl was sounding as good as he has ever done with AC/DC but this time around the rasp was notable for its absence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gnfnr2k said:

How can anyone objectively think Axl sounds good.

While I can't say he objectively sounds good. I can say that I understand what he's trying to do. Look at this:

Objectively it's terrible. However, you can see what he's going for. Instead of just "Chainsaw Axl Rasp" he's actually trying to sing the song in a nuanced way and not be regarded as a one trick pony. I can respect that,even though it sounds bad. 

That's how I view Axl's performance on BHS. 

11 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

While I can't say he objectively sounds good. I can say that I understand what he's trying to do. Look at this:

Objectively it's terrible. However, you can see what he's going for. Instead of just "Chainsaw Axl Rasp" he's actually trying to sing the song in a nuanced way and not be regarded as a one trick pony. I can respect that,even though it sounds bad. 

That's how I view Axl's performance on BHS. 

I rather have him as a "tricky pony" than a mickey mouse. 

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

I rather have him as a "tricky pony" than a mickey mouse. 

Well in that case I would direct you to listen to some Axl/DC from 2016. Axl fully committed to the stereotypical Axl Rose vocals because that's what Angus wanted and that's what Angus hired him for. 

It's quite obvious that in GN'R Axl still does whatever the fuck he wants vocally whether we like it or not. And that includes preparing Prostitute before even thinking about Dead Horse, Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've not once heard his cover of 'Don't Let It Bring You Down'; I just do not think I could stomach listening to him butchering it.

Put on some gloves, buy some lube, and jump down the rabbit hole of Axl's psyche my friend. This will be waiting for you when you get out. 

• Like 3