06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

9 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Well in that case I would direct you to listen to some Axl/DC from 2016. Axl fully committed to the stereotypical Axl Rose vocals because that's what Angus wanted and that's what Angus hired him for. 

It's quite obvious that in GN'R Axl still does whatever the fuck he wants vocally whether we like it or not. And that includes preparing Prostitute before even thinking about Dead Horse, Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up. 

I understand what he is goin' for but I cant respect that even for a second. Why? 'cause he knows he sounds awful, he knows fans dont like it and he still does it. Is he savin his voice? I dont know, but it does sound terrible. 

I try not to think much about it, but I cant say that I respect it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, default_ said:

I understand what he is goin' for but I cant respect that even for a second. Why? 'cause he knows he sounds awful, he knows fans dont like it and he still does it. Is he savin his voice? I dont know, but it does sound terrible. 

I hear what you're saying. 

The one thing I can say is that even though I know that YouTube videos are pretty accurate in rasp levels, Axl's clean voice sounds 1 million times better live. The way they mix him is brilliant. He sounds like a fucking rock star professional on every note at the show. Doesn't translate on YouTube for whatever reason. 

On an unrelated note.. This is awesome. 

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

Axl can do what he wants. He's an adult not a child, that needs to be told by other people how to sing, what songs to sing, how to prepare, what to eat, how to dress and how he is to act, to please the fans or any other person.

Like any normal person in life weather it be a family member, a boss, a work colleague of friend would any person (an adult) live in a world or day to day being  told what to do and how to do it.

Our would you respect that persons and so each to their own. 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

No.

:lol:

But weren't you bitching about him bitching about other peoples's bitching and now I'm bitching about you bitching about him bitching about other people's bitching... or something :blink:

While we're on this subject, have you heard this?  

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Careful. I might start bitching about you bitching about me bitching about him bitching about other people bitching. Nope never heard it, pretty lol, lol.

Back on topic: I've seen some more video clips of the show and there really is a cool vibe in the audience. Nice show.

Couple of gals that I've been posting with (mainly on the NO! Gang thread) @Darkenchantress and @dgnr  went to see the show and they both had a really good time. Even if I've been a pretty critical lately that gave me new hope about the gig I'm attending and maybe a different way of thinking about it. I've already paid my ticket (and it's probably a once in a lifetime experience for me too), so I might as well try to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Couple of gals that I've been posting with (mainly on the NO! Gang thread) @Darkenchantress and @dgnr  went to see the show and they both had a really good time. Even if I've been a pretty critical lately that gave me new hope about the gig I'm attending and maybe a different way of thinking about it. I've already paid my ticket (and it's probably a once in a lifetime experience for me too), so I might as well try to enjoy it. 

Believe me, If you have never seen them before you are going to have a great time regardless of how Axl Is doing vocally, It Is much less noticeable In a live environment as opposed to youtube.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Original said:

Frank is a hack.  But obviously Axl wants to hang onto the Nu shit so he stays. 

I dunno... Axl is an amazing musician and I bet he can feel the disconnect between Frank and this band at times too... 

Edited by Tom-Ass

Man, i'm looking forward to the gig in Holland!! For dutch and Belgium fans here's an official review from the belgium News paper. http://www.demorgen.be/muziek/guns-n-roses-in-madrid-een-verpletterende-en-euforische-show-b4834236/

They already visited the Madrid show and had a blast!! This summer we Will attend the best concert!! So far reviews have been very positive, despite Some of u's complaining about axl his voice, i think you attend and Will be having a blast! (I was at axl/dc at hamburg Which was absolutely amazing!!!). 

Btw. I really loved nu-gnr and never understood why media complaint about axl, especially 2010 was really great!! But media have been really really positive about axl since acdc and the gnr "Réunion", which is great!

Relax and enjoy this amazing band which contains axl, slash, duff and a tight band!!

Edited by DutchAxl*88*
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Why does it matter that Axl cannot hit every note when he has a 50.000 people crowd singing their hearts out to get his back? You don't really care about those things when you are living it,

Amen.

I will never forget what I felt during YCBM (which is my fav song) when all the stadium was singing with Axl: "youuuu could be miiinee". It was fucking magic. For me, it sounded even better than in the record. Goosebumps...what a night...

• Like 3

Slash GF was off the hook - best so far - I couldnt believe I am saying this right now but SLASH just keeps getting better - The wah wah to start the solo and the ripping is breathtaking - SLASH still the best in the world live 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Slash GF was off the hook - best so far - I couldnt believe I am saying this right now but SLASH just keeps getting better - The wah wah to start the solo and the ripping is breathtaking - SLASH still the best in the world live 

I'll have to check that one out

17 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

The one thing I can say is that even though I know that YouTube videos are pretty accurate in rasp levels, Axl's clean voice sounds 1 million times better live. The way they mix him is brilliant. He sounds like a fucking rock star professional on every note at the show. Doesn't translate on YouTube for whatever reason. 

That's what I thought. At Slane it was pretty apparent that he wasn't singing Better in his WTTJ voice but it didn't sound remotely weak. To me it sounded somewhere between AFD and Live Era (late 90s voice). Not the chainsaw voice of the early 90s but it sounded good.