06/07/17 - Zurich, CH - Letzigrund Stadium

alfierose

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Reviews, schmeviews... I've read so many bad reviews from good shows I've been to. And usually they're written by some snobby music reporter who just poorly disses the band.

Did the audience enjoy it? That's all that matters. 

You are so right! If the fans love it that's all that MATTERS! Besides you know GNR are going to give all they've got for a show.

16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

It was Axl's...I read on IG that his dog Rosie just passed away and he dedicated the song to him. 

OMG! how sad that is. I know it has to be hard for Axl to lose one of his pets. I've lost 3 cats and all had them cremenated and have them in little boxes with their pictures in frames in front of them.

I still miss them everyday. Pets bring you so much love and happiness. It's just too sad to see them die. I just hate it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You are so right! If the fans love it that's all that MATTERS! Besides you know GNR are going to give all they've got for a show.

OMG! how sad that is. I know it has to be hard for Axl to lose one of his pets. I've lost 3 cats and all had them cremenated and have them in little boxes with their pictures in frames in front of them.

I still miss them everyday. Pets bring you so much love and happiness. It's just too sad to see them die. I just hate it.

I know, it's awful...my Sadie just passed away 5 weeks ago. :( Just thinking of her makes me so very sad...it is the hardest thing ever to lose a pet because they are your family. It was very sweet of Axl to dedicate WLR to his pup. :heart:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Those boobs. Why can't Melissa wear her shirt like that?

Hahaha...I swear I thought something like this about her but I choose to omit this perverted side of my mind. Thank you so much..I just realize that  I´m not alone here!:lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Torb said:

Slash botched the first notes of The Godfather :lol:

Don't wanna be polemical here but...when DJ fucked up, everyone complained. Slash regularly fucks up two or three times every gig and nobody says anything :smiley-confused2:

Well, in my opinion people's criticism to DJ was extremely ridiculous. I mean, he was far from being the greatest guitarist in the world or anything but people reacted to his mistakes (or his playing in general) based on how much they disliked his image and the way the guy is overall.

Now about Slash, he's always made mistakes and (thankfully) always will but that doesn't mean he hasn't improved. All the good rock guitarists (like Angus or Jimmy Page to name some) make mistakes. Normally, people who don't make mistakes are those painfully boring robots like Yngwie. He's been playing on a whole new level since 2010 and his mistakes are nothing compared to the emotions he generates with his playing. I think it was on the Lisbon show (or Madrid?) that I commented about his Godfather solo, he made a few little mistakes in the beginning but then he came up with a brilliant solo that only he would play and that's what sets him apart from everyone else IMO. 

If you think he doesn't get criticized because he's Slash, then I think you're not paying attention. Just look at the comments towards Axl's vocals, people won't hesitate to say he's sounding like utter shit if that's their opinion. Last year, during the april shows (which were Slash's worst shows in the last 7 years IMO) there were people wondering if Slash was back on drugs and saying his tone was awful. As soon as he starts affecting the show in a negative way, you'll see people tearing him apart here, so far even those who don't like him that much or are angry/disappointed at him for different reasons tend to agree that he's the star of the show.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

DBzkzoFXUAAjzig.jpg

The band waiting for Slash to finish one of his solos :lol:

Edited by BorderlineCrazy

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash could drink five bottles of Jack Daniels and play with an out-of-tune broken piece of rubbish with three broken strings and he'd still play DJ Ashba under the table.

Well, I saw Slash breaking strings two days in a row last year and playing like nothing happened. First day it was during Civil War and the second was right in the beginning of Double Talkin' Jive. He played the whole song (killer outro solo included) with 5 strings like the fn' monster he is.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, I saw Slash breaking strings two days in a row last year and playing like nothing happened. First day it was during Civil War and the second was right in the beginning of Double Talkin' Jive. He played the whole song (killer outro solo included) with 5 strings like the fn' monster he is.

I remember he did the same at Slane... such a cool moment. You'd almost not notice, it's like someone's chopped off one of his fingers but he just keeps going on, regardless.

• Like 2

I see there's some comments about Slash's playing. Well, my brother and I were both talking about this the other day, and there were a handful of times during Slane that both of us went "he's bending that note flat... and not intentionally" Heavens door, NV and a couple of others that I can't remember... then I go see them in Madrid and he does it again. There's no way that he's trying to bend notes flat or sharp on purpose, but he does it regularly on the same songs... It's jarring! I think he's still playing well overall, but his bending intonation has gone down hill... and yes, if DJ was doing it we would all kill him, and YES Slash could play a cardboard guitar and still play better than DJ, still doesn't change that it's a bit hypocritical.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Because Dick has bigger boobs.. he has more to show than Melissa does. :lol:

Too gym

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is how boring this band are, that the only thing of interest is a debate about the respective sizes of Richard and Melissa's mammary glands.

?

7 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Who cares, it's Slash, he can do what he wants.

I do :P

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If you think he doesn't get criticized because he's Slash, then I think you're not paying attention. Just look at the comments towards Axl's vocals, people won't hesitate to say he's sounding like utter shit if that's their opinion. Last year, during the april shows (which were Slash's worst shows in the last 7 years IMO) there were people wondering if Slash was back on drugs and saying his tone was awful. As soon as he starts affecting the show in a negative way, you'll see people tearing him apart here, so far even those who don't like him that much or are angry/disappointed at him for different reasons tend to agree that he's the star of the show.

You said it right: "last year". He still does some very amateur errors tbh. But again: I'm ok with that, just trying to figure out why people don't bash at him like DJ.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash could drink five bottles of Jack Daniels and play with an out-of-tune broken piece of rubbish with three broken strings and he'd still play DJ Ashba under the table.

I highly diasgree: from an execution point-of-view, they usually do the same mistakes. But Slash fits Gn'R better of course. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I see there's some comments about Slash's playing. Well, my brother and I were both talking about this the other day, and there were a handful of times during Slane that both of us went "he's bending that note flat... and not intentionally" Heavens door, NV and a couple of others that I can't remember... then I go see them in Madrid and he does it again. There's no way that he's trying to bend notes flat or sharp on purpose, but he does it regularly on the same songs... It's jarring! I think he's still playing well overall, but his bending intonation has gone down hill... and yes, if DJ was doing it we would all kill him, and YES Slash could play a cardboard guitar and still play better than DJ, still doesn't change that it's a bit hypocritical.

Yeah, you made the point here. But for the "still play better than DJ", read above.

Edited by Torb
Grammar

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bollocks. Slash is absolutely brilliant these days whereas Ashba barely knows the font of his guitar from its arse end.

I'm not talking about the overall effort, just about the mistakes. 

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Do you remember the days when Axl would run off whenever he wasn't singing? It's really amazing.

Until in the middle of 90's I thought that every time he'd step off the stage it was to snorting cocaine. :facepalm: