06/07/17 - Zurich, CH - Letzigrund Stadium

alfierose

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Do you remember the days when Axl would run off whenever he wasn't singing? It's really amazing.

Yeah, wasn't it the main talking point on the 2006 European tours. Even pictures of the oxygen tent appearing in the papers.

Do we know why it's not an issue anymore?

18 hours ago, Torb said:

Slash botched the first notes of The Godfather :lol:

Don't wanna be polemical here but...when DJ fucked up, everyone complained. Slash regularly fucks up two or three times every gig and nobody says anything :smiley-confused2:

Because Slash is SUPPOSED to be fucking up in Guns N' Roses and DJ is so supposed to be fucking up in a lesser band somewhere else. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, no1gooner said:

Yeah, wasn't it the main talking point on the 2006 European tours. Even pictures of the oxygen tent appearing in the papers.

Do we know why it's not an issue anymore?

He now only seems to dissappear when changing clothes or there are really long solo breaks - otherwise if he does not sing he now stands in the back a little goofy like Brian used to do during Angus solo spots. I assume he started doing that actually on the Axl/DC show.

As far as the reviews in the Swiss newspapers go. I do not think they are that bad actually. They always write some bullshit in there to make it look like a real music critic wrote the article, but all in all the reviews were quite alright. Not the best show ever, the band is not 20 anymore, but everybody had a good time and the show picked up a lot of steam as it progressed.

Slash was great at that concert, did not really notice him messing anything up. In general he plays -as the rest of the band does in this tour - in a more professional way; maybe not with all the heart and energy that we would want. But then again we all get older. I do believe he enjoyed himself though, as at some point he was imitating Angus duck walk in a weird way and he stayed out longest on stage to say goodbye to the fans....

4 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

He now only seems to dissappear when changing clothes or there are really long solo breaks - otherwise if he does not sing he now stands in the back a little goofy like Brian used to do during Angus solo spots. I assume he started doing that actually on the Axl/DC show.

As far as the reviews in the Swiss newspapers go. I do not think they are that bad actually. They always write some bullshit in there to make it look like a real music critic wrote the article, but all in all the reviews were quite alright. Not the best show ever, the band is not 20 anymore, but everybody had a good time and the show picked up a lot of steam as it progressed.

Slash was great at that concert, did not really notice him messing anything up. In general he plays -as the rest of the band does in this tour - in a more professional way; maybe not with all the heart and energy that we would want. But then again we all get older. I do believe he enjoyed himself though, as at some point he was imitating Angus duck walk in a weird way and he stayed out longest on stage to say goodbye to the fans....

Well, actually Slash and Angus are imitating Chuck Berry :devilshades:

never even occured to me until you motherfuckers brought up the oxygen mask but maybe not going backstage is what causes the mickey mouse effect ?

i was watching dont cry from this show on facebook and im thinking jesus fucking christ this is awesone... until the second half of the song :facepalm: and im a HUGE axl fan that still pays 300$ for pit every chance i get

i want him to start going backstage again

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wow thanks for posting! What a nice moment. Its things like this that make my better nature hope they're doing it for more than just money. Long live Guns N' Roses! :headbang:

Here is the full clip of it. :) Truly awesome moment.