06/10/17 - Imola, IT - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrrari

alfierose

12 minutes ago, Derick said:

Just as you express your opinion, people are just expressing theirs. Sharing their experiences with the band. And if it sounded good to them, why should they say otherwise? Just to please you? C'mon.

Which I have never had a problem with, but as it stands the level of expectations is rapidly dropping. 

I actually enjoy the back and forths on this forum. I think it's fun to have different taste and views but at some point we have to have a laugh and my post wasn't to downplay someone's opinion it was simply to add some humor to the similar nature of positive post and how they relate to the performance just as the similar nature of negative post gets poked at. 

I actually thought that WTTJ was much improved at this show but I can't sit here and agree that Yesterdays was a shining moment. 

At the end of the day it's all fun. Like I said I'm not trying to piss anyone off, maybe get a laugh or two...possibly a like. We have like 400 shows to go, we can't fall apart as a forum now!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Which I have never had a problem with, but as it stands the level of expectations is rapidly dropping. 

I actually enjoy the back and forths on this forum. I think it's fun to have different taste and views but at some point we have to have a laugh and my post wasn't to downplay someone's opinion it was simply to add some humor to the similar nature of positive post and how they relate to the performance just as the similar nature of negative post gets poked at. 

I actually thought that WTTJ was much improved at this show but I can't sit here and agree that Yesterdays was a shining moment. 

At the end of the day it's all fun. Like I said I'm not trying to piss anyone off, maybe get a laugh or two...possibly a like. We have like 400 shows to go, we can't fall apart as a forum now!

I got you! All good, man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torb said:

Slash: I really don't know what's the matter with him. When he played the solos and the riffs as they're meant to be (especially the AFD stuff), it was MAJESTIC. When he improvised, sounded mediocre like a child who's at his first year at guitar school. The solos were pure noodling and messing around, just inappropriate.  And I'm not only talking about the CD stuff (the Better solo actually got me), but also UYI and the covers. I'm ok with guitarists who change solos in an appropriate way, but this wasn't the case. He also  made  A    L O T   of mistakes. I know he usually does a few, but here we're talking about SEVERAL on 1 out of 3 songs. In particular, the Estranged bends, and the solos from Live and Let Die(!) and Don't Cry. He gave me the impression he was filling his role just for the paycheck, he was nowhere near what he used to be until 2011, just to name a year.
Thinking as a general average Gn'R fan, instead, I guess he was still good though. A lot of people don't mind at the way solos are played or don't even hear mistakes. Again, it's not my case, and that totally ruined my expectations.

yeah, im a musician too and i felt the same watching them in mexico city last year. Slash playing is borderline autistic, it's just so weird the way he just noodles his way out of songs - the two times i saw him it was more evident on the chinese songs, but still... just plain WEIRD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

yeah, im a musician too and i felt the same watching them in mexico city last year. Slash playing is borderline autistic, it's just so weird the way he just noodles his way out of songs - the two times i saw him it was more evident on the chinese songs, but still... just plain WEIRD

Slash has never played his solos note for note though. On the album those solos are done via improv and then live he has to recreate them. Once in a blue moon he does go out of scale or does a weird transition but to be fair, it's a 3 hour show and he's not a robot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Slash has never played his solos note for note though. On the album those solos are done via improv and then live he has to recreate them. Once in a blue moon he does go out of scale or does a weird transition but to be fair, it's a 3 hour show and he's not a robot.

There's a blue moon on every Gn'R show, then

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Just as you express your opinion, people are just expressing theirs. Sharing their experiences with the band. And if it sounded good to them, why should they say otherwise? Just to please you? C'mon.

Agreed ?☺

Im tired of watching videos to see if Axl is singing like 2010.I was at madrid show and remembered when people say that when you are there you dont realize.I did.....Great show but AXL ....came on,i would love to know the truth about his voice from 2011-2017

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is nothing remotely 'weird' about the improvisational qualities of Slash - it is indeed one of the aspects that makes him such a terrific guitarist.

I have not seen him playing live yet, so I don´t know. Let´s see. I watched gigs from Youtube and I didn´t see any large problems. Sometimes I just think that is he ok? Maybe his relationship to Axl is not easy after all and he has pressures. He is also a former addict, which is always hard and a risk too. But I hope and believe everything is ok. 

Edited by Loot Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I'd say one wrong note out of maybe 40 or 50 thousand is pretty rare.

I don't know what to say man...At least yesterday he was a real mess. I'm usually not critical unless there's a good reason, trust me

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is nothing remotely 'weird' about the improvisational qualities of Slash - it is indeed one of the aspects that makes him such a terrific guitarist.

The problem is HOW he improvises. 

Edited by Torb

9 minutes ago, Torb said:

The problem is HOW he improvises. 

I haven't not seen or heard any clips in ages because I basically have no interest in this tour but Slash has been improvising in a similar manner for the duration of his career. He tends to veer off into interesting scales and locations; for instance, he can fly from a barrage of pentatonal Chuck Berry notes into some strange Hispanic areas. You have to remember that his studio solos tend to be recorded in one or two takes flat, i.e., they themselves are inherently improvisational and not to be repeated exactly the same way again.

His whole style is organic and flowing. I would have thought Guns N' Roses fans would have grasped this by now as it is a vital component of the 'Guns N' Roses sound'.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't not seen or heard any clips in ages because I basically have no interest in this tour but Slash has been improvising in a similar manner for the duration of his career. He tends to veer off into interesting scales and locations; for instance, he can fly from a barrage of pentatonal Chuck Berry notes into some strange Hispanic areas. You have to remember that his studio solos tend to be recorded in one or two takes flat, i.e., they themselves are inherently improvisational and not to be repeated exactly the same way again.

His whole style is organic and flowing. I would have thought Guns N' Roses fans would have grasped this by now as it is a vital component of the 'Guns N' Roses sound'.

Yesterday he did anything but what you said. I agree with what you say about his style though, but the stopped doing that some years ago. Now just he just fulfills his role in a very lazy way imho. 

4 minutes ago, Torb said:

Yesterday he did anything but what you said. I agree with what you say about his style though, but the stopped doing that some years ago. Now just he just fulfills his role in a very lazy way imho. 

Which songs or solos do you mean exactly?

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Which songs or solos do you mean exactly?

You Could Be Mine, My Michelle, This I Love, Yesterdays, KOHD, the first part of DTJ.
And I left out the songs where he made mistakes.

Edited by Torb

1 minute ago, Torb said:

You Could Be Mine, My Michelle, This I Love, Yesterdays, KOHD.
And I left out the songs where he made mistakes.

sorry but i can't take your opinion seriously, when you just said something about sound problems, etc, and most important, circa 01-14 the band was  a mess, go back and  see how bad bumble/ashba/finck butchered the songs, i haven't seen any recent videos, is frank ferrer still rushing songs? vegas/mexico etc, were kind of  hard with ferrer out of control, slash sounded great on the summer tour,

11 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

sorry but i can't take your opinion seriously, when you just said something about sound problems, etc, and most important, circa 01-14 the band was  a mess, go back and  see how bad bumble/ashba/finck butchered the songs, i haven't seen any recent videos, is frank ferrer still rushing songs? vegas/mexico etc, were kind of  hard with ferrer out of control, slash sounded great on the summer tour,

Frank is doing great now, but I don't think it was his decision about the tempo. 4tus said the Duff and Slash work differently with the drummer.

Speaking of Bumble and Ashba, I only had complaints about the latter. Ron was a freaking machine live. As for Ashba, I agree he fucked up (in 2014 a lot), but when I've seen him in 2012 and 2010 he made less mistakes than Slash.

I wasn't crazy about Finck either, but in his strange guitar playing he was neat.
The sound problems were about the volume, but you could hear the solos, mistakes included.

I don't mind about you not taking my opinion seriously, you expressed yourself in a very polite way and I'm fine with that :) 

Edited by Torb