06/10/17 - Imola, IT - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrrari

alfierose

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Well everyone was talking about it on the Slane thread once footage of the soundcheck emerged. Then when they played it, it was a bit underwhelming because Axl was rusty. It's gotten better now but the shock value has worn off haha.

Fortus plays the solo rather than Slash though. Which is interesting.

Not sure how I missed all this. I thought they would have done Big Dumb Sex cos of the Spag incident bit on was it Buick Makane? 

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

Not sure how I missed all this. I thought they would have done Big Dumb Sex cos of the Spag incident bit on was it Buick Makane? 

Yeah that was also discussed, but they've stuck with BHS at every show. More of a fitting tribute I suppose, more sentimental than Big Dumb Sex.

5 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah that was also discussed, but they've stuck with BHS at every show. More of a fitting tribute I suppose, more sentimental than Big Dumb Sex.

Black has a anthemic quality too, whereas Fell on black days is almost too heavy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Don't agree with the comments on Slash either.  He is an absolute monster.  He is the main reason Guns N Roses have gone from arena's to sold out stadiums.

His tone, string bends and overall feel are excellent.  Its that "Feel" that I always found guys like Bucket, Bumble and Fortus lacked.

Not to mention his ability to write iconic riffs and solo's.  It amazes me when Guns fans prefer other Guns guitar players over Slash.  Like, how can you love a song and prefer hearing someone else play it than the guy that created it.  I accept people's opinions, but I personally can't wrap my head around it. :D

I agree, Slash is the best and he's responsible for writing these riffs and solos, but that cliché of saying that Bumble or Bucket had no "feel" is just nonesense. They are incredibly talented players and you don't get that good without tons of passion. Yeah they weren't playing material that's their own but the reality is they can play rings around Slash, as can Fortus.

Slash is still the best though and I'd rather have him in the band over any other GN'R guitarist regardless of how many mistakes he makes. (Which I don't think is that many at all.)

• Like 1

hi guys great show, thanks axl, slash, duff, Richard, dizzy, frank and melissa.

just one personal negative note about my esperience in Majestic Hotel in Bologna (i was a client of this hotel):

i want to thanks the hotel's staff, gn'r bodyguards, internal bodyguards, fernando and beta for fucked me up me and other  guys.

we were just 7guys and We have been segregated in 5m2 in aisle of the hotel with the promise that all the band would have passed in front of us.

we are only 7 guys (all clients of the hotel) That we just wanted to see them pass and beta or fernando decided to pass in a secondary way preventing us to moving.

axl out of the hotel signs some autographs and did some photos, so this is the proof that it is not his fault.

so many thanks beta, fernando, all bodyguards

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I agree, Slash is the best and he's responsible for writing these riffs and solos, but that cliché of saying that Bumble or Bucket had no "feel" is just nonesense. They are incredibly talented players and you don't get that good without tons of passion. Yeah they weren't playing material that's their own but the reality is they can play rings around Slash, as can Fortus.

Slash is still the best though and I'd rather have him in the band over any other GN'R guitarist regardless of how many mistakes he makes. (Which I don't think is that many at all.)

Perhaps feel is not the right word.  I don't even know how to properly explain it.  Slash just has "It".  Myles Kennedy may even be a technically better player.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'll agree on Buckethead but I personally find listening to Bumblefoot about as exciting as listening to an episode of The Archers.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, starlight said:

I was there, the show was great and I enjoyed it. There were many people and it was fun singing along :headbang:Axl' s voice was far from being perfect but I think he did his best and at the end it was good.

From the videos I've seen Axl sounded good. His best performance so far on this European leg. You got a great version of Jungle.

3 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I appreceiate your review - I dont really believe any of it - "I am a average fan "  I play Guitar as well and can play u under the table - as far as SLASH he is playing as good as anybody in the world as we speak - I have Seen Zakk Wylde- Steve Vai- Ynwgwie  Malmsteen - Slash - Rusty Cooley -Buddy Guy- Kenny Wayne Sheppard - Johnny Lang - Cord Poole - Eddie Van Halen the past few years to name a few - I have seen a lot more - A s a musican its hard not to overthink things - I do all the time but  your comments on Slash are laughable - his improve is the best in the world right now - I seen the gig last year and I am going again in a few months - SLASH'S Tone is incredible - his playing is top notch - his scales are exotic- his Riffs are second to none - his impromptu jams are the star of the show - the wah improv at the end of SCOM is mean as fuck - I could go and go on - he rips the shit out of every song and he is the show - I like your honesty  but "this average GNR fan " just don't agree with it 

No problem man, I respect that! ;)

32 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wow! This is the best video in the whole thread!

Shit gave me goosebumps! Damn, the passion for Guns is alive and well there in Italy like it's the 90s still! ;-D

Yeah that was awesome, they went absolutely nuts.

10 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Only just caught up with this. Amazing sky and Axl turning back the years. One for the Blu-ray.

I really really hope they do a 'best of NITL' blu-ray, I don't know if you'll ever get a perfect night for the whole band the whole way through but there's been incredible performances throughout.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wow! This is the best video in the whole thread!

Shit gave me goosebumps! Damn, the passion for Guns is alive and well there in Italy like it's the 90s still! ;-D

This really impressed me too. All those fans huddled outside the hotel...Man! I don´t see thing like these with a rock band a very very long time. Currently only pop or teen artists are capable of provoking this kind of euphoria..I wonder how they felt when they saw all these fans screaming by their names the day after the show..That´s awesome!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I really really hope they do a 'best of NITL' blu-ray, I don't know if you'll ever get a perfect night for the whole band the whole way through but there's been incredible performances throughout.

That would be cool for a live album. Like Live Era only real ha. But I'd still love to see a full concert all the way through on blu-ray.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Slash has never played his solos note for note though. On the album those solos are done via improv and then live he has to recreate them. Once in a blue moon he does go out of scale or does a weird transition but to be fair, it's a 3 hour show and he's not a robot.

slash solos are not recorded "via improv" as you say; he actually talks about this in his book - he claims to come up with the definitive parts or notes for the solo almost always the first time he actually plays it/ jams it. He's not a robot, i agree, there's always room for improvisation, but watching him play in the last tour, his playing is weird! i dont know if youre a musician, but it should be an easy thing to understand, and it goes beyond weird transitions and going out of scale, most of his chinese democracy songs solos do not fit the music at all! Not saying that there are not parts of the show where his playing is sublime, but the shows have (at least to me) been really affected by his autistic way of playing the guitar.

• Like 2