06/10/17 - Imola, IT - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrrari

alfierose

11 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I appreceiate your review - I dont really believe any of it - "I am a average fan "  I play Guitar as well and can play u under the table - as far as SLASH he is playing as good as anybody in the world as we speak - I have Seen Zakk Wylde- Steve Vai- Ynwgwie  Malmsteen - Slash - Rusty Cooley -Buddy Guy- Kenny Wayne Sheppard - Johnny Lang - Cord Poole - Eddie Van Halen the past few years to name a few - I have seen a lot more - A s a musican its hard not to overthink things - I do all the time but  your comments on Slash are laughable - his improve is the best in the world right now - I seen the gig last year and I am going again in a few months - SLASH'S Tone is incredible - his playing is top notch - his scales are exotic- his Riffs are second to none - his impromptu jams are the star of the show - the wah improv at the end of SCOM is mean as fuck - I could go and go on - he rips the shit out of every song and he is the show - I like your honesty  but "this average GNR fan " just don't agree with it 

can u play me under the table too?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

When it comes to europe and roudiest crowds it's Italy, Spain & Portugal. They pale in comparison to the South American crowds which heavily feature Italian,  Spanish & a Portuguese fans. 

In other words Latin fans are the roudiest.

With Aussies & Asians not far behind. Great Britain, German & French crowds are certainly great and better than USA but they trail those aforementioned crowds. The Canadian crowd is better than the USA crowd. Pains me to admit it but USA has the worse crowds globally.?

Although I agree, most US shows are not as rowdy nowadays as most other places in the world....there are some shows that get pretty wild...Philly shows are usually among those....and the quietest crowds in the world have to be the Japanese shows....you can hear a pin drop at some points during those shows.  

53 minutes ago, AlexC said:

That would be cool for a live album. Like Live Era only real ha. But I'd still love to see a full concert all the way through on blu-ray.

I vote for best of for the Blu Ray too.. They best performance of each song.. They would have to doctor up a complete show too much to make it worthy of releasing but they can find a great to really good version of almost every song if they go through them

2 hours ago, superloconoriega said:

slash solos are not recorded "via improv" as you say; he actually talks about this in his book - he claims to come up with the definitive parts or notes for the solo almost always the first time he actually plays it/ jams it. He's not a robot, i agree, there's always room for improvisation, but watching him play in the last tour, his playing is weird! i dont know if youre a musician, but it should be an easy thing to understand, and it goes beyond weird transitions and going out of scale, most of his chinese democracy songs solos do not fit the music at all! Not saying that there are not parts of the show where his playing is sublime, but the shows have (at least to me) been really affected by his autistic way of playing the guitar.

I would say Slash's playing has taken a step back since the reunion and I am a devoted Slash fan.. He was playing out of is mind right before the reunion.. He didn't just suddenly regress. I just don't think the chemistry is that great between him, Frank and Fortus... I see and hear it at as clear as day at times.  Sometimes they sound great, other times not so much. That said he is still a beast and pretty much still blowing people away every show with his over all performance. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

I just watched that Italian Jungle - I rarely watch these things. It was very good - even Rose was decent. The computer FX on the screen jarred however; I could imagine feeling a bit sick watching that too long! McKagan is sporting a bowler hat I see. I wonder if he is getting used to it for when he plays Londontown.

21 hours ago, Derick said:

Axl n' Slash leaving the Hotel

Damn it's like the 80's/90's all over again over there... Hope it doesn't wake up Axl's 1990's ego!

What is up with the cross on his arm? Did he get it all blacked out? I remember when they first launched there official site like 10 - 15 years ago there was  a picture of Axl and it looked like he recently got it all blacked out.  Then in later years I thought it looked normalish.. But that up close view definitely looks like he tried to cover it up.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

39 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

Besides Steve Vai or someone making that statement, I highly doubt any musician that says "I can play you under the table" :P that mentality is exactly why that person probably is fairly average and has plateaued.

As far as his Slash review. Well he's obviously just a huge Slash fan with rose tinted glasses, because there's no way a "brilliant guitar player/musician" wouldn't hear out of tune bends. I don't care about him changing his own solos etc. but the bending is really bad. I remember my old guitar tutor telling my very early on that good bending and vibrato was what would give me a voice on guitar, and it was the first thing he listened to, to see if the person playing was a great player or amateur. I love Slash and I think he can and does sometimes play great, but he can also be way off and I really don't understand why anyone would have a problem with that opinion. I love Kirk Hammett too, but i'll be the first person to say that in the last 15yrs his playing ability has diminished, doesn't mean I hate his playing or can't enjoy listening to him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just watched that Italian Jungle - I rarely watch these things. It was very good - even Rose was decent. The computer FX on the screen jarred however; I could imagine feeling a bit sick watching that too long! McKagan is sporting a bowler hat I see. I wonder if he is getting used to it for when he plays Londontown.

I couldn't finish it because of the lag on the screen but Axl nails Jungle every time. It might be one of their most over played songs but I have enjoyed watching it show after show after show during this reunion.. You should check out some more. Here is the one from the show before I think..

And Madris right before that.. The fucking slay at this song every time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would say Slash's playing has taken a step back since the reunion and I am a devoted Slash fan.. He was playing out of is mind right before the reunion.. He didn't just regress. I just don't think the chemistry is that great between him, Frank and Fortus... I see and hear it at as clear as day at times.  Sometimes they sound great, other times not so much. That said he is still a beast and pretty much still blowing people away every show with his over all performance. 

i agree 100% with you, technically he has been improving since 2010, IMO the solo on "the unholy" from world on fire is one of his best in the last decade and maybe in the top 10 of all time...however since he joined GnR....he sounds uninspired to find a better word...specially on the ballads, he just turn his mojo off and starts noodling on the guitar....and i also think he must be bored of playing the same old songs everynight, with SMKC he used to rotate at least 4 songs per night, but well, he was calling the shots there...now he's just a majority partner here, and strongfully think that axl is the one with the final word....

obviously this is just pure speculation on my part...i love his playing, and i hope this band continues for a couple more years with a new album to come in the future...

sorry for my english, is very rusty..

Edited by Gem Archer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I couldn't finish it because of the lag on the screen but Axl nails Jungle every time. It might be one of their most over played songs but I have enjoyed watching it show after show after show during this reunion.. You should check out some more. Here is the one from the show before I think..

And Madris right before that.. The fucking slay at this song every time...

He is great, best frontmen along with Freddie Mercury

Just now, asessa said:

?????????

Yeah great encore mate :-)

On 6/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, superloconoriega said:

Have no Idea - But the most players that are so negattive toward someones playing like SLASH  I usually dont worry about them having  more chops than I do - U may be the best player in the world - I dont really Know ? I am just noodler - As far as his bends -his vibrato is the best I have ever heard it - dont really get the bends part but to each their own