06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

15 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Donald Duck was a nice surprise..yes...but i wish the poster had maybe soundchecked more with the band. I saw a Donald Duck post on the Axl/DC page and it was far more effective. 

Sorry... I try to think of something more effective next time. (I haven't seen the Axl/DC Donald Duck post though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, feli1269 said:

I really like Black Hole Sun but... Why do not play another song? There are a lot of GNR Illusion and Appetite stuff, Chinese too...

If they want to keep a tribute in why not dedicate KOHD? I like BHS, But if I could have chosen a song I'd love to have heard him giving Outshined a go. Not that I endorse the inclusion of MORE covers in the set.

Any change is good. hopefully towards the end of the leg they'll add a surprise or two. I play sets on the weekends (covers), I once played one particular setlist 4 or 5 times in a row because it was particularly effective, BUT my god, we were all bored to death by it. You add in little improvisations etc. all you want, but when you're not sinking your teeth into new material things become boring and instead of sounding like a well oiled machine, you just sound like a machine with a few error codes, going through the motions. Not saying GNR are going through the motions, they do look like their having good fun... but I can't imagine that all of them are happy following the same set night in and out.

I will finish by saying that I like the set, it works well (besides Coma / solo spots / Some CD material which all seem to bore the audience), Guns have a formula that works for them, a lot of bands do the exact same thing; I'm not talking about my enjoyment of the set, I'm purely asking how the band enjoy it still (beyond watching crowd reactions to popular songs... and the cash).

1 hour ago, DIST said:

Wildest crowd so far!!!

I can't tell if your being serious or joking. Lol. I mean, it's an awesome venue and a looks like a huge crowd, but everybody is sitting there looking barely into it. It is interesting how after the song they get loud though. Haha

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought Germans would be beered-up and rowdy as they like their rock/metal down there? Instead they look like they are sitting, waiting for a dental appointment. 

Don't understand the sitting thing. From the time the band hits the stage until It's time to walk out of the stadium, I don't spend a minute sitting.

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Good show thread...some good jokes were told, everyone had fun, got to enjoy the scopes, no feelings hurt, no pointless arguments. Good job guys! 

Haha, it's funny that when there's nothing to really bitch about it ends up being the crowd that gets the hate.