06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Sounds like a great show from the videos I have watched. I have notice these shows are louder then previous legs. That was my only complaint about the show I went too. 

Rock n Roll is never to loud :headbang:

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Rock n Roll is never to loud :headbang:

I know thats what am saying! The show I went too was too quiet it was hard to really get into it and I was only about 30m from the stage I went too acdc at the same stadium in 2015 and it was twice as loud

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

I know thats what am saying! The show I went too was too quiet it was hard to really get into it and I was only about 30m from the stage

They should hire the sound technicians from AC/DC. 

3 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Those god-awful setlists ... the boredom factor is going through the roof ! :wacko:

And I thought the European tours in '92 and '93 had boring setlists ... this is even worse.  Enough with the cover songs already.  'LALD' and 'KOHD' were a drag on the UYI tour, and now they thought 'let's add some more random covers as setlist staples!' :facepalm:

Is there ANYONE on this planet who spends his hard-earned money and goes to a GNR concert to hear 'The Seeker' or 'Black Hole Sun' or whatever the fuck they decide to play instead of their own amazing back-catalogue ???  We wait for 23 years, we endure 16 years of GNR as a cover act, only to have them play EVEN MORE COVERS ???  And play basically the exact same setlist as the last 16 years ???

It kinda makes me regret buying three tickets for this fraud of a 'reunion' ...

It's not a reunion of the classic line-up. It's the reunion of Axl and Slash. I bet that even Tommy would be there if he would've been able to tour. 

Edited by Sosso

41 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's not a reunion of the classic line-up. It's the reunion of Axl and Slash. I bet that even Tommy would be there if he would've been able to tour. 

Thank god he's not.  It's bad enough as it is.

I guess you didn't notice I put 'reunion' between brackets ?  I know this is not a reunion ... but it should have been !

36 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I guess you didn't notice I put 'reunion' between brackets ?  I know this is not a reunion ... but it should have been !

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's the reunion tour of two musicians

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Excellent show.

Overall the crowd was lame from my POV but I can't confirm the "just-seating-thing". Everybody around us was standing almost the entire gig. 

Axl was awesome. I don't know how he sounded on periscope but live it was phenomenal. I didn't heard Mickey at all. Even on songs like YCBM and Yesterdays. That's what makes me think it's more an issue of bad recordings than a generall voice problem.

He had a hard time singing the Coma outro and didn't hit every note especially on Black Whole Sun, but overall it was just a GREAT performance!  Legendary frontman. Dancing and running around all the time.

Slash is a monster. He rocked the whole show. I saw him many times before but seeing him standing there on this big stage playing songs like November Rain, Estranged, KOHD and Coma was mindblowing. His Godfather is pure gold. The guys played almost a 3 hour show. I wonder how much time of that Slash was soloing.

That was my short review of yesterday for now.

you are deaf if you didnt hear mickey at all

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Axl was awesome. I don't know how he sounded on periscope but live it was phenomenal. I didn't heard Mickey at all. Even on songs like YCBM and Yesterdays. That's what makes me think it's more an issue of bad recordings than a generall voice problem.

He had a hard time singing the Coma outro and didn't hit every note especially on Black Whole Sun, but overall it was just a GREAT performance!  Legendary frontman. Dancing and running around all the time.

Yesterday I heard a good sentence by the German artist Gentleman, more or less "It's much more about the vibes at a show than about perfection", can only agree. ;)

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

4 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Those god-awful setlists ... the boredom factor is going through the roof ! :wacko:

And I thought the European tours in '92 and '93 had boring setlists ... this is even worse.  Enough with the cover songs already.  'LALD' and 'KOHD' were a drag on the UYI tour, and now they thought 'let's add some more random covers as setlist staples!' :facepalm:

Is there ANYONE on this planet who spends his hard-earned money and goes to a GNR concert to hear 'The Seeker' or 'Black Hole Sun' or whatever the fuck they decide to play instead of their own amazing back-catalogue ???  We wait for 23 years, we endure 16 years of GNR as a cover act, only to have them play EVEN MORE COVERS ???  And play basically the exact same setlist as the last 16 years ???

It kinda makes me regret buying three tickets for this fraud of a 'reunion' ...

don't go then!!!!  Its funny, no one bitched in the 90s about this?   I have TONS of bootlegs from past shows.  Almost all of them have the same set of song with a few odd ones thrown in.  The difference in most is the way they are played.  Slash changes some stuff up, etc.  But as far as setlist, nothing has changed.  Unless you are going to EVERY show, how is it boring?

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

don't go then!!!!  Its funny, no one bitched in the 90s about this?   I have TONS of bootlegs from past shows.  Almost all of them have the same set of song with a few odd ones thrown in.  The difference in most is the way they are played.  Slash changes some stuff up, etc.  But as far as setlist, nothing has changed.  Unless you are going to EVERY show, how is it boring?

I'm going to the concert in Hannover and I'm more than excited.

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Ah Christ.

Some people are never fucking satisfied.

Dude, you can't deny the facts. Adler, Izzy, Matt and Gilby ain't satisfied as well. So it's obvious that a lot of fans ain't happy with that farce tour, too.

And yeah, I know... Pitman is bitter as well...but it's just Pitman. 

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Sounds like a great show from the videos I have watched. I have notice these shows are louder then previous legs. That was my only complaint about the show I went too. 

In Australia?  Not surprised, love their noise regulations on events which are usually enforced by taking a big fat bond prior to the event.  I think in Adelaide when Soundwave was there they even had the ability to remotely shut off the sound if it went over a certain level of decibels. 

I love Australia but they love their rules and regs and big fines! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Dude, you can't deny the facts. Adler, Izzy, Matt and Gilby ain't satisfied as well. So it's obvious that a lot of fans ain't happy with that farce tour, too.

And yeah, I know... Pitman is bitter as well...but it's just Pitman. 

If it wasn't going to be izzy, i'm glad fortus is there. He earned it a lot more than gilby. Damn he's been there since 2002 and played on chinese d. Gilby only did a tour and played on spag. He never wrote a song with axl.

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Geez. I get that you're disappointed that Izzy and Steven are not there. I am too. I get that you would wish less cover songs. I would wish that too. But seriously, to say that is "bad"?! In the sense of a GNR fan it was bad from 1996 until 2015, but now it's everything else than bad. It's not AFD great, but it's the next best thing and not all that much different from '92/'93, even though I also would prefer Matt and Gilby.

I can assure you that the average fan who sees one show doesn't complain about the setlist. Actually that's wrong. No normal and sane person would complain about this setlist that lasts almost three hours.  They're overwhelmed to hear stuff like coma and dtj. Its only sad idiots on this forum who act like that. Pitiful

Anyway. Just waited five hours in front of the hotel since I had nothing better to do in Munich anyway and the city doesn't interest me. After.lots of going back and forth from the main to the back entrance, I finally saw axl for about three seconds as he went into his van and gave me and maybe a hundred other nerds the peace sign.I made a video of it but it starts after axl disappeared in the van. My feet hurt like shit now and i am on my flight back now. Was a cool day.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I can assure you that the average fan who sees one shoe doesn't complain about the setlisy. They're overwhelmed to hear stuff like coma and dtj. Its only sad idiots on this forum who act like that. Pitiful

Anyway. Just waited five hours in front of the hotel since I had nothing better to do in Munich anyway and the city doesn't interest me. After.lots of going back and fort from the main to the back entrance, I finally saw axl for about three seconds as he went into his van and gave me and maybe a hundred other nerds the peace sign.I made a video of it but it starts after axl disappeared in the van. My feet hurt like shit now abd i am on my way back now. Was a cool day.

You do say?

• Like 2