06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

59 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You wouldn't catch me standing outside a hotel for a momentary glimpse of some old fart rocker

Good thing you wouldn't. It would be hell for anyone if every fan would do that. That said. I'm planning to do the same in Gdansk. I'm going to be there from saturday evening until thursday morning and got time to spare to do that on monday.

Edited by PatrickS77

41 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Good thing you wouldn't. It would be hell for anyone if every fan would do that. That said. I'm planning to do the same in Gdansk. I'm going to be there from saturday evening until thursday morning and got time to spare to do that on monday.

They are just people, no better than anyone else. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if any of them walked down my street.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexC said:

I guess you're just cooler than the rest of us.

Listen, I had the chance to attend a meeting with Ian Botham the other day and I turned it down because, 'I couldn't be arsed'. I'm completely unfazed by celebrity. They are just people as I said. I find it sort of subservient to be fawning over them to be honest - I wouldn't demean myself.

I wasn't always like that. I have Pavel Srníček's autograph somewhere that I obtained on a pink bit of paper; do not know where it is?

How was the voice on this one? I've been so busy, had Download (Aerosmith) at the weekend, then Prophets of Rage last night, then Guns all weekend and Hans Zimmer on the Sunday, sandwich with a visit to the Pink Floyd Expo ! 
My ears will thank me in the after life :P 
So missed anything ? Hope all that attended the recent gigs had a blast ! Would I be right in saying, the usual steady progression is in swing? 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Munich is a lovely city. You wouldn't catch me standing outside a hotel for a momentary glimpse of some old fart rocker if I was in Munich. (Heck, I wouldn't even do that for a cricketer haha). Go and see a museum instead.

Ok. But nobody really cares about what you wouldn't do.

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

How was the voice on this one? 

Pretty awesome. No complaints. He's on fire.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

We agreed not to discuss Axl's voice or the setlist on this thread, more or less successfully. Next time we won't discuss the crowd either. ;)

Next show threads will have 3 pages haha 

does the chat room still exist here? I remember going there for some live broadcast like Golden Gods 2013...might have been the funniest 3 hours ever, and by the time GNR went on everyone was in a good mood despite the abomination we witnessed. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

We agreed not to discuss Axl's voice or the setlist on this thread, more or less successfully. Next time we won't discuss the crowd either. ;)

Amen, I catch your drift! London next though....it's the big one (not just cause it's my gig) ;)

14 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Next show threads will have 3 pages haha 

does the chat room still exist here? I remember going there for some live broadcast like Golden Gods 2013...might have been the funniest 3 hours ever, and by the time GNR went on everyone was in a good mood despite the abomination we witnessed. 

We don't talk about that (Poor Duff)...Funny story though, was at the O2 in London on Monday night to see the new Mummy film and myself and my friend ended up crashing the Golden Gods, being held in the Indigo O2 (inside) and saw the last band ! 
So much for #Strong&Stable #Security 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

I don't know who that second support act was, but she was totally at the wrong show.

The music wasn't bad, for when youre lying on the couch and getting high, but not for a rock concert. It was more of a downer and people were cheering when she announced the last song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

lol

maybe I was there with a group of deaf people, like 67500 deaf people. Everyone I talked to after the gig was fascinated by Axl.

Have you been there? If yes, where exactly? FOS, GA, seated?

If not you just can't jugde as the ones who liked your post. 

he doesnt sound as he did with acdc. he sings clean. AXL ROSE is not a clean singer, he had the raspiest voices in rock. Now that he sings clean, he is BAD. If you like his vocals, thats because it doesnt sound that bad. Not bad for pop singing, bad terrible for the Axl we know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

I don't know who that second support act was, but she was totally at the wrong show.

The music wasn't bad, for when youre lying on the couch and getting high, but not for a rock concert. It was more of a downer and people were cheering when she announced the last song.

The Kills, I think.

But yeah, pretty boring. I felt kind of bad for her though with all the people booing and then cheering when she announced their last song.

Anyway, gonna post my review and pictures here too I guess...

Edited by Lumikki