06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

Guys you can get drinks inside the Stadium as well. Last year I was there for AXL/DC. The park around the Stadium is huge. There are places to get food and drinks. I even saw people coming and going during the show to get beer

Just curious; what are drink prices like inside the venues over there? Here, they're outrageously over priced inside the venues so that's why we usually hang elsewhere as long as possible before the show.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Just curious; what are drink prices like inside the venues over there? Here, they're outrageously over priced inside the venues so that's why we usually hang elsewhere as long as possible before the show.

Sorry I don't remember. Water of course will be cheaper than beer. Also the bigger the glass, the more expensive it's going to be. A wild guess would be 5 pounds or higher. I was just there for the show. I' m not in the UK :unsure:

3.00 pm: Stadium Island open to ticket holders. 

5.00 pm: Stadium opens

5.45 - 6.15pm: Tyler 
Bryant and the Shakedown

6.35 - 7.20 pm: The Kills

7.45 pm - 10:30 pm Guns N' Roses

Spoiler

Feat. Adler,Izzy & Sorum :D

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Bryant and the Shakedown

Do you know if this is the same for tomorrow as well?

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Probably about a fiver per beer.

The Olympic stadium is built on such a small peninsula that they are unable to have merch and food/drink *inside* the stadium so there is nothing in the concourses - everything is technically outside the stadium.

16 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Bryant and the Shakedown

Hide contents

Feat. Adler,Izzy & Sorum :D

Does this mean we can't get out to store the merch once we entered the Stadium Island?

Hoping for loads of scopes tonight please guys. It's almost 26 years since i was  there in the old Wembley Stadium. If they're half as good than they were that night your in for a hell of a show. I'd love Steven & Izzy to turn up for you guys tonight it would be the icing on the cake

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

P.S. @alfierose sorry to be a stickler but can you start updating the list in the show threads again for the attending forum members please? It's nice to see the complete list on the main page of the thread.

I will if I get chance. I'm pretty rushed today and leaving early for the show tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

How strong are the rumours about Izzy and Steven ??? Would be really amazing 

Not strong at all!

The only one I saw was that Slash posted something about popcorn (the snack) and that's really reaching for straws...

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What if ''the girls'' in that beer garden were not so ''pretty''? Do you get a free pint by way of compensation?

I would call that acceptable compensation. Maybe a forum member who is having a pre-show beer in the garden can take a photo for us to decide.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Sorry I don't remember. Water of course will be cheaper than beer. Also the bigger the glass, the more expensive it's going to be. A wild guess would be 5 pounds or higher. I was just there for the show. I' m not in the UK :unsure:

Gotcha. Ok, just crossed my mind to ask is all :) 

3 hours ago, rubbermade_baby said:

Now? 

Im on the train also! If anyone sees me come say hi! I have half dark, half pink hair... overweight and I'll be with my sister ?

@Powerage5 and I cracked out first drink open at 9am when we did the pre-party for Detroit last year! :headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Probably about a fiver per beer.

The Olympic stadium is built on such a small peninsula that they are unable to have merch and food/drink *inside* the stadium so there is nothing in the concourses - everything is technically outside the stadium.

That's not too bad then I guess. To give you an idea; here in the US, a pint at a bar near a venue would be like $5. If you go inside the venue, you'd get about half that much beer and pay $9-$10.