06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

47 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Back in the days you could get "Golden Circle" for much less money, since there was only 1 categorie. And most bands don't even do that shit. So no, it's not worth the money.

As a young man back in the 90s, I would have totally agreed with you.

As some one approaching middle-age, I have to disagree with you haha

• Like 3

Had fun last night.

Getting out of that whole fucking debacle of a setup of a stadium and the complete lack of adequate and logical crowd control just about soured the night though for me.

Seriously, 1 hour to get from the GC to Westfield to try and make the Tube, so missed my last train home.

Fuck the police!

• Like 1

My short review.

I was seating in the upper deck and the sound wasn't quite good. No comparison to Munich. Frank was way too loud in the mix and that's definitely something that doesn't affect the show in a positiv way. There were volume changes throughout the songs and all in all it was just a bad sound up there where I was seating. The crowd around me was pretty boring but the crowd in the standing was amazing. Way better than Munich. They seemed to be really into it. They probably didn't have any sound issues. I had no issues with Axl but Slash didn't have had his best day I think. He was awesome on some songs like Estranged, SCOM, NR and PC but not that good in some others like TIL, Yesterdays and KOHD IMO. Those songs I enjoyed much more on Tuesday. All that, and the fact that the stadium was pretty empty when the show started (there were people still attending the show during RQ and Civil War) is why I liked the show in Munich more.

That said, it was still an amazing show with Axl giving his best and Slash mesmerizing the crowd. It's one of the highlights when Slash plays his Godfather solo that leads to SCOM.

Other than that, people are stunning everytime during WTTJ and LALD that Axl still has such a power. His screams are crazy!

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, supercool said:

25 years ago....

what a voice !!

and what a drummer !

This video made me a GNR fan. As a kid I was impressed by the crowd and the performance itself. It's absolutely perfect. 

The post 1993 Kohd versions are horrible. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

This video made me a GNR fan. As a kid I was impressed by the crowd and the performance itself. It's absolutely perfect. 

The post 1993 Kohd versions are horrible. 

The post 1989 KOHD versions aren't that good either IMO.

Edited by Free Bird

Back home in Ireland now 

Really enjoyed the gig and exploring the city. Didn't get too see everything I wanted too see as the heat was killing us and severe lack of sleep lol. The city is so big you prob need a few days too see everything 

Can't wait for an official release of a show on this tour and hopefully a documentary too 

Edited by Healy52003